What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gray Wolf and ICMag Featured in News

rolandomota

Heres another good one about butane hash extractions that mentions this place we call home i dont like it one bit the patent crap....https://www.wweek.com/news/2017/08/...s-is-profiting-from-an-invention-he-designed/

In 2011, Ellis developed a much safer method of extraction using a closed-loop system. Rather than allowing butane vapor to escape into the air where it can catch fire or explode, Ellis' system used a series of pumps and tubes to keep the butane and its vapors contained.

It took him three months and $1,600 to develop. Along the way, Ellis (GRAY WOLF), who called his lab Skunk Pharm Research, shared his work online and on a popular cannabis forum, icmag.com, making his technology freely available.

Last edited by a moderator:

eyes

Veteran
Funny how you read this and then I think back to just growin reg bud and such. Now its all shatter and closed loop extraction, terpenes. This kids a hustler unlike many others from back in the day who pulled shifty deals and shit. I certainly met my share of dishonest, crooked, greedy, and just plain messed up people. The difference today is since its come out into the mainstream, those same hustlers are figuring out legal ways to profit off it now. Not that I like it.

I thought grey wolf was going to patent his extractor and start his own company. This just shows ya not much has changed since I was in the trenches. Once in a while you'll run into a decent person.... once in a great while.Very rare in this industry.

oldchuck

Veteran
I can't believe that greedy asshole's patent will hold up when challenged. Someone will sue his socks off and he will end up sobbing on the floor about how the establishment screwed him. I also don't believe he hs making the millions he claims.

Gray Wolf, on the other hand, is a mensch

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I can't believe that greedy asshole's patent will hold up when challenged. Someone will sue his socks off and he will end up sobbing on the floor about how the establishment screwed him. I also don't believe he hs making the millions he claims.

Gray Wolf, on the other hand, is a mensch
It really depends on how much of his design is novel and original compared to the plans online. Since he acts like it's not a big deal to invent something like this (it totally is) I'm assuming he just copied the plans online and called it a day. Any lawyer worth their salt should be able to get this patent nullified. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

PDX Dopesmoker

Its not out of the question that having some greedy wannabe gangsta aggressively selling/marketing CLS gear will result in broader adaptation of GW's (stolen) tech than would have happened otherwise. Is he making a gold plated bling model?

RulaTone

Veteran
i hope he spends his millions for an image consultant:

if thats how a millionaire dress, id prefer to stay poor.

he is the one to be sued for offence to good taste.

baggy trousers + necktie and shirt, that is illegal.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Interesting read. If you're still reading these threads Andrew Jones, you're a piece of shit.

Some dummies will buy your copy of other peoples work, because integrity is lacking in this business. I however will never support you, and will make it clear to anyone who is thinking about it that you're a chump.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Don't a number of people already sell these units from that design, like terp and best value?