What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK

orangina

Veteran
She smells super nice, have not tried her yet

Attachments

• MPCK.JPG
    MPCK.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 62

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking lovely FletchF.Fletc thanks for the update :)

I'm very curious to hear your opinion about Congo vs Malawi x PCK. Both are similar pure African sativa x purple PCK so you can expect similarities, being the Malawi cross stronger, longer lasting and with heavier body effects, with stronger fermented lemony terps, while Congo has a more delicate floral terpene profile from the African mother side, and the effects are much more uplifting and clean, more extroverted too.

Red October

dubi could you advise whether the regular or feminised version gives out a higher frequency of the plants with the bulbous sandworm type cylax growth structure and denser bud formation please.

Koondense

Veteran
Naturalgazda
For outdoors I would look into R+D hybrids, something like Bubba Kush x Old Malawi Killer or Golden Tiger x ErdPurt, or maybe other Erdpurt crosses. Got no idea on flower times or OD resistence but they sound like interesting combos which may replace the Mazar, in a different way for sure :)
Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Red October, both versions are very similar although to cut straight to the point i would choose the fem version and select a female of your taste, or the regular version if you have more space and if you want the males to make seeds.

Red October

Hi Red October, both versions are very similar although to cut straight to the point i would choose the fem version and select a female of your taste, or the regular version if you have more space and if you want the males to make seeds.

Thanks very much Dubi, appreciate it as always.

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Muchas gracias hermano dubi . I've been playing the song "Buena Vista" from the band Gomez, the plants seem to love that track. Pasa un buen fin de semana.

orangina

Veteran
Looking lovely FletchF.Fletc thanks for the update :)

I'm very curious to hear your opinion about Congo vs Malawi x PCK. Both are similar pure African sativa x purple PCK so you can expect similarities, being the Malawi cross stronger, longer lasting and with heavier body effects, with stronger fermented lemony terps, while Congo has a more delicate floral terpene profile from the African mother side, and the effects are much more uplifting and clean, more extroverted too.

I guess you summarised the two very well and I would agree with you. The M x PCK seems more competitive compared to modern hybrids but the Congo seems like a nice innocent oldschool smoke. I would love to smoke it with som friends at the beach playing frisbee and splashing in the waves.

Simultaneously I also grew your Congo x KaliChina and although I haven’t grown it to perfection it is among the most flavourful plants I had last run. It has purple sprinkles and complex weedy blackberry aromas thus I wonder whether there is also some PCK in there or is it all coming from the KaliChina? I have not smoked it yet, but I had two 2 years ago and the smoke was awesome. Comparing the Haze x KaliChina, Thai Chi and Congo x KaliChina, the latter two are my favourites.
would be very interested whether you could explain where the aroma comes from. Love your work.
o…

Kustom_ax

Veteran

Wow ! What an amazing pheno FletchF.Fletch .
Did you find her in a Fem or Reg pack? And how many beans did you pop ?
After having grown PCK and being delighted with the terps but sad for the yield, I have now ordered two packs of standard Malawi x PCK haha.
Lets see if I can find a pheno close to your Duende Verde !

Hey dubi , it seems malawi imparts size and strength to all it touches ahah. Would it be fair to assume it is a good choice to cross with pure, or heavy, indicas?
If so, have you crossed it with other pure indicas? I.e., afghan lemon, purple peyote, or balochistan.
I'd be very interested in a peyote purple (bubba kush) x Malawi old killer !

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Greetings Kustom_ax , and Thanks! I found her in a freebie from ACE of 10 Fems. With two packs of Regs coming, you will definitely find some real keepers. Every plant in the mix was worthy. They thrive in Hydro or Organics, cuttings root easily, plants are resilient, forgiving, and beautiful, flavors are truly enticing.

Here's a Light Purple almost Pink pheno:

Click image for larger version  Name:	0415211501c.jpg Views:	2 Size:	118.4 KB ID:	18089527

So many Phenos, so little time....

Good Luck on the Duende hunt!

Thanks Akss you will be very pleased when you sprout yours.

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Another amazing looking pheno! Congratulations FletchF.Fletch :)
Let us hope the seeds get here quick, and that my current two crescendos by ethos finish up quick !
Thank you for the info, it's always really helpful to know what to expect.
How long of veg did you give them? And did you switch to 12/12, or did you go something like 11/13 or 10/14?

I'm growing increasingly keen on trying to cross the Old Malawi Killer to a few pure indicas - it just seems like the outcomes of these malawi x pure indicas F1 hybrids are amazing
I've got 4 peyote purple Fem seeds, and a few PCK regs. Perhaps I should buy some Old Malawi killer and engage in pretending I'm a breeder Hahaha.

Have you had a look at Balochistan #4 by Dubi?
That landrace in particular look very very interesting for a cross with Malawi I reckon. dubi
That or Dubi will reply saying they've got Bubba kush x Old Malawi, and I'll jump on it right away haha

Latest posts

Latest posts