What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

power puff

You guys are so lucky when you live in a med state where you can get a tested and proven cbd cut.

My wife has a huge benefit from cbd/thc :comfort: but it's so expensive to buy, so I decided to grow some cbd crew critical mass for her.
Specially because I want to be 100% sure everything is organic.

Well unfortunately I spotted an odd male flower on three of the five plants, and also seeds in the buds. I did know that chances of herming plants are a bit higher on cbd rich plants but think CM is very sensitive to it, to sensitive for a worked strain like this if you ask me.

For the price the crew wants for a pack I think there are to many herm reports on this strain.

To bad our government thinks all growing is highly illegal, and nobody seems to have access to decent cbd cuts around here, and no cbd buds are available. Also you can't get shit tested properly over here...

Well I think we are set for the next few years of seeded critical mass buds (it yields pretty good), but I was hoping for a keeper cut from this grow to share among friends and patients.....

ECtraveler

Veteran
I agree power puff about how depressing the world's drug laws especially with all the newer evidence that THC, CBD, CBG,CBC & other cannabinoids all have beneficial uses. I have hope though that we are nearing the end of the tunnel.

Someone has to self those girls and sell some if the seeds. I find it strange no one offers a cbd only seed with very little THC. I can find all the kush clones I want, but no one I know owns any cbd strains.

ECtraveler

Veteran
I just reversed a 20:1 Cannatonic x Toci and going to hit ACDC, Valentine-X, Charlotte's Web & Suzy-Q with it along with all my 4:1 & 2:1 copies

St. Phatty

You guys are so lucky when you live in a med state where you can get a tested and proven cbd cut.

My wife has a huge benefit from cbd/thc :comfort: but it's so expensive to buy, so I decided to grow some cbd crew critical mass for her.
Specially because I want to be 100% sure everything is organic.

When I decided to give CBD strains a try, that was one I tried (Cannatonic). But it didn't survive my Seedling Boot Camp.

What worked out the best -
Dinafem CBD - just sprouted one or 2 Fem's. Very frosty. I like it personally.

I also grew Sweet & Sour White Widow CBD. My neighbor likes the smoke, and he has access to EVERYTHING.

power puff

Thanks mate....it's all about the med qualities for my wife. She has benefit from CBD-a and THC-a, and has no intention to be high all day..LOL

What I need is a high cbd only in seed form that hasn't the tendency to herm, and I am set for life I guess.
I want to breed it to an early thc outdoor strain to make a 1:1 strain for tinctures...

Nice test scores Huel! I hope you don't mind me reposting a pic of your cut and this post about the effects of CBD... there's almost no reports online about the actual effects. Peace Bro!

Sorry man, didn't see this post until now...

When it comes to smoking almost all CBD / almost no THC (38:1 ratio) flowers 3-4 hits off a joint will give you almost no buzz at all but you will get sense of well-being, kinda tough to describe. As for pain relief, a few hits is like taking 400mg of ibuprofen. If you were to smoke the entire joint (15-20 hits) you would get a light buzz that you definitely can feel but you would not be stoned, not a typical THC high that would impact your train of thought but your entire body would feel nice. One thing i recently just noticed last month at the Cannabis Cup is that after smoking a couple entire joints to myself it actually made my mouth feel numb in the same way a little bit of blow off your finger in you mouth would.

When smoking flowers with a ratio closer to 1:1 CBD seems to have an impact on how THC effects you. First thing you'll notice is that CBD seems to slow down the onset of the high, giving kind of a creeper effect. It also seems to lengthen the duration of the high by about 20%. CBD also seems to reduce some effects of THC while at the same time increasing others. It tends to take the edge off the high so to speak, making it less intense mentally and reducing some racy aspects of the high like paranoia and anxiety. On the flip side of that it increases the effects felt on the body buzz side. I tend to mix some of my CBD rich flowers with my THC rich flowers any time i'm rolling joints these days because i like the way it alters the high...

When it comes to smoking oil, same 38:1 ratio is enough to give me a awesome heavy body buzz and enough of a mental high to make all my cares melt away. Same goes for edibles too, i make low strength capsules that i take daily that tested at 1.40mg of THC, 70.64mg of CBD, and 75.24mg of total cannbinoids each. One capsule by itself and i won't feel much if anything (unless i take it with a smoothie, the power of terpenes is fucking amazing!), 3 capsules and i have a strong body buzz and a nice mild high.
After about a half gram of oil through my g pen my body is numb and i feel like i can conquer the world, or just go to bed lol!

These are my opinions base on my experience, not shit i read about online... While i really enjoy a high influenced my CBD some others do not, these are usually people who really prefer a sativa high. Hope this answers your questions.

picture.php

I just reversed a 20:1 Cannatonic x Toci and going to hit ACDC, Valentine-X, Charlotte's Web & Suzy-Q with it along with all my 4:1 & 2:1 copies

You're going to have tons of options of high cbd with those seeds!

Ec-- are you able to test your plants while in veg? or do you grow them to flower first? Thanks!

-pH

ECtraveler

Veteran
Ec-- are you able to test your plants while in veg? or do you grow them to flower first? Thanks!

-pH
Yes, I get all my males tested in veg and my females when I can afford it. But testing gets expensive so I don't always get them tested twice.

Huel Perkins

Veteran
Anything ever result from your crosses?

Last year I did a small breeding project with a Tangerine Kush from Rare Dankness that I reversed and dusted a small Perkins Cut - Cannatonic with it. I passed out seeds freely to everyone who I thought might be interested, unfortunately I think most of them went into seed collections instead of water... One friend from another forum popped two of them and actually gave me good feedback and lab tested the two different phenos. Both came out a nice 1:1 THC/CBD ratio, but one slightly higher cannabinoid %'s by one or two percent. I haven't talked to him in a while, it's been about 5 months since I logged in at riu....

Anyway here are a couple pics from my buddy Dr. Gruber's grow, I think this was at 6 weeks out of 9 but I really don't remember.

picture.php

picture.php

Since he was willing to lab test them I gave him the freedom to name it anything he wanted, he went with Perkins Kush.
picture.php

power puff

Great lab results Huel,

Did you test the perkins cut on it's own too?
It must be high in cbd only?
Did you ever reversed this cut to make s1's?

To bad he only grew and tested two plants, would have been cool if more where grown and tested though to get a better view.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
we finished up birm's cut of thunderstruck and had her tested.

wonderful medicine.

hats off to sin city seeds for the beans and @birmusmaximus for the selection.

11357736_1454662454859839_1643057750_n.jpg

1389307_1643420612601224_382112609_n.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

Huel Perkins

Veteran
That thunderstruck has a great cannabinoid profile, even some THCV in there. I'm still looking for a THCV rich strain, I've been gifted two different phenos of Jack the Ripper a few years back that were claimed to be THCV phenos but my lab tests proved otherwise....

TerpeneDream

@ Heady Blunts… That looks reallynice. Growing & Dried. How is the 'high' when smoked?

Is anyone growing SoHum cbd seeds?

I know Ringo passed, but he seemed to have great genetics.. I wonder if his seeds are stable. The seed co is still being carried on by the fan

http://www.kingofcbdgenetics.com

I enjoy this discussion with Dj Short, Ringo, Subcool & Mzjill @ Emerald Cup '13

Great discussion on breeding healthy plants and the into to cbd work…

Ringo seems awesome!

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcE1RQF1XkQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
First of all PrimalHaze this is really great that you have posted all this info in one place. It should help patients.

A few questions,
#1 Who had the very first CBD variety?
#2 What variety/varieties are the closest to all CBD?
#3 What is the earliest maturation of a CBD variety? For outdoors?
#4 Are there CBD only Auto varieties?

-SamS

Last edited:

power puff

CBD certainly has it's benefits, but for recreational enjoyment it has not much benefits indeed. Yeah a high ceiling is what I enjoy too Sam, but my wife is completely the opposite.

Different strains for different needs.

What you say about cbd, is the same with the auto gene.
Pollen chunkers breed a lot without a real goal, and it's everyones own responsability to keep genetics that suit your own needs around (either in clones, seeds or tissue culture perhaps).

The same is going on with our food, who says I am not eating food with monsanto genes.
I don't want it, but how in earth am I able to check this.

Our government makes it impossible/illegal to test our cannabis.
Cannabis is illegal because of the health issues, according to them, and illegal stuff should not be tested, as this is illegal too....

So the only thing I can do is a smoke test, and if one should have the ambition to breed (s)he should be honest about it and reject a plant that doesn't meet up to the standards.

Pretty easy if you ask me... problem is that some folks always pretend to have gold while in fact they have lead....

Just my 2ct's

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
TD---arthritis_sucks and avinash.miles have both popped some canna-tsu. it seems like they both struggled with some herm issues but it sounds like finding a good representation of sour tsunami makes it worth the trouble. here's what miles said about sour tsunami:

i used to buy sour tsunami buds from river rock (bigass corporate disp. in denver), loved the cocoa / carob / chocolate / coffee flavors in it...
now i love the canna tsu, its like orange cream and babyshit smelling this round
imo it's worth it on flavor alone, CBD is a treat and makes it a true keeper despite some lil issues with it (cut in time!)

huel---i was surprised and excited to see the thc-v considering she was grown indoors. i guess those gavita DE bulbs have some extra UV spectrum or something...

birm's thunderstruck is a pleasure to smoke. it's got a floral nose with a sour undertone. some sweetness comes through, dark berry maybe, or wine. i almost get a bit of ginger in there too.

the smoke is thick and satisfying, although pretty light bodied and zero lung expansion. i'm puffing a joint (i use raw hemp papers) as i write this and the predominant flavor is the sweetness. it's got a creaminess too. makes me smack my tongue like i just drank some milk and honey.

i get a very enjoyable head effect. some occular pressure which i always like. feels like the top of skull has been peeled back. pretty spiritual actually, got that universal connectedness thing going on. at the same time there is a crystal clarity that makes me confident to interact with society---no stoney face, mush mouth, swollen red eyes, etc.

body has a comfortable warmth, almost a tingle. makes me think i'm getting good circulation. in terms of pain it's like taking 3 naproxin sodium tablets only it sets in almost instantly. incredible relief for me. if my pain has gotten out of hand before i've been able to medicate, i take some aleeve and smoke the thunderstruck simultaneously and that is very effective.

this was our first run with her and i expect her to improve with some dialage.

Dr.King

Veteran
First of all PrimalHaze this is really great that you have posted all this info in one place. It should help patients.

A few questions,
#1 Who had the very first CBD variety?
#2 What variety/varieties are the closest to all CBD?
#3 What is the earliest maturation of a CBD variety? For outdoors?
#4 Are there CBD only Auto varieties?

Second of all I can say I do not personally use CBD for any medical or recreational use. I can say I hate the effects of CBD and what it does to THC. It makes the THC take longer to take effect, longer onset, it reduces peak THC effects. It also lengthens the time of effects, including the reduced peak effects. It also makes Cannabis have more of a ceiling effect, you can't smoke more and more and more and keep getting higher and higher and higher.
That is not want I want in a recreational variety at all.
I like a rush when I smoke, I like peak experiences, I would not mind if those effects did last longer. I also want no ceiling at all.
To me CBD is the devil I do not want it in the THC drug genepool, it took hundreds if not thousands of years for local Ganja growers to remove all the CBD, as shown by the lack of CBD when lab testing first started, now a decade later, CBD is popping up in many newer bred varieties, not because they wanted it but because there are so many CBD hybrids being made and passed around and in the hands of pollen chuckers.
I have nothing against CBD rich varieties being in the hands of patients that find them beneficial, but in a decade we have started undoing the work of thousands of years of selection to remove the CBD. Labs are reporting that today when they test newer bred varieties they often have small amounts of CBD.
Maybe we are not thinking of the consequences of our actions? Putting CBD in everything is a big mistake. The seeds when made get passed around and the masses will use them with the THC drug genepool and screw the THC genepool.
It is much harder to remove all the CBD then to add it.
Just a word of Caution....
-SamS

This is the reason I don't get into it with people. Saying CBD to you is a devil drug that treats and heals so many people is ridiculous. I understand wanting to try and keep some clean THC strains because I love pure Sativas myself. Loved flowering my 200 day Green Haze. If you don't want to dill with pollen chunkers, grow further away from people or grow inside. I would recommend using CBD to go to sleep at night times. It's proven to cure diseases and help prevent others so why people don't embrace it is beyond me. It's good:good: for you. Hope you change your mind one day man :).

I am sorry saying "it took hundreds if not thousands of years for local Ganja growers to remove all the CBD" is just false. They haven't even been testing for cannabinoids for that long. Their are breeders with 100% pure Sativas with hardly no CBD at all (under .1%). Ace seeds always puts out the best.

Latest posts

Latest posts