What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

Common Sense

Kali China vape report

Kali China vape report

Dear friends,

here is my vape report for Kali China (fem, seeds dated 1/3/18) from my grow – https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=368609

Nearly 4 months curing in glass jars at room temperature, humidity constant at 63%.

Bouquet: complex. Deep, creamy, a little sweet, addictive. Old leather, fresh wood, mixed with concentrated honey. A hint of citrus. Mango, honeydew melon (fruity note and sweetness less pronounced than my pheno of Orient Express), temporarily an idea of turpentine. A whiff of elderberry blossoms (or lychee if you like) has been there from month 2-3 in the jar, now diminishing. You can see that I spent time with my nose in that jar.

Nothing much special to note about the buds. Mine are medium size, green, I left a lot of the small sugar leaves since they were thoroughly covered in resin. Seem to be well fermented after 4 months.

As has been mentioned on this forum before, the descriptions of the effects on the aceseeds website for the various strains are fairly accurate. I can confirm this for the Orient Express and for Kali China when vaped at 185°C (Storz&Bickel Crafty(R)). The later, discussed here, gives a warm, comforting and very relaxing feeling. I would attest an antidepressant and very much mood enhancing effect as well, despite the calming and relaxing effects it is not a downer and does not cause particular drowsiness or sleepiness (dose dependent). Great, great chillout material to ground your overheated brain after a long and stressful workday. Remember when you were a little kid and mommy brought you to bed and pulled the warm blanket over you? But, don’t worry, it will not put you right to sleep, first it will elevate and float you up in the air a bit. If you wish, you can close your eyes and you might see some pretty interesting visuals and cartoons being broadcasted. I would not say that this is a very pronounced signature effect of Kali China, but it is there.
Although the buds aren’t very sticky, both my wife and I found Kali China very potent. Quote after a couple hits on her first try (giving me disbelieving look): “oh man, could it be that this is really strong stuff?”
One evening, I had vaped a bit more than usually while watching the news. I could understand all the words but not the meaning of the sentences. So, WTF, I vaped some more and then the news speaker somehow switched to a foreign language. So, if you plan to get really blitzed: here you go and smoke some more. I would definitely recommend to get your things done before and not after, though.
Never experienced any anxiety or raciness. However, I believe Kali China’s most beneficial strengths can be utilized with smaller or medium doses, especially if you want to stay active and take advantage of the lifted spirit it causes.

There are body sensations, much more than from the Orient Express, but not as pronounced a melting body stone as in some indicas from my extremely limited experience in that sector. I would describe it more as a light body buzz, initially sometimes coming on like water flowing through your body.

Then there is this one more very remarkable feature of Kali China … ? Well, at least for me it has a very reproducible and pronounced aphrodisiac effect even at smaller doses. To some extent most cannabis strains do that for me, but I’ve never experienced anything in that order of magnitude. :bigeye:

Great job on this one, dubi and everybody at aceseeds! Great chillout, happy-floating, mood enhancing material without producing much sleepiness. Bonus effect as described above.

:groupwave:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Kalichina done

Kalichina done

Killer report Common Sense!

Mine is done. F3xF4 Elite pheno.

She started smelling to deep ripe mango, then that was buried under a rather loud bovril/meat concentrate scent, which has subdued, and now a perfumey incense high and penetrant note took over on top, the whole grow room smelled to her this morning.

Considering to chop upper colas and leave the rest to bulk up.

picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

When I returned from taking the pics this morning, I was gloriously smelling to her, just by the rubbing when propping her for the pics. :dance013:

Fronk

Killer report Common Sense!

Mine is done. F3xF4 Elite pheno.

She started smelling to deep ripe mango, then that was buried under a rather loud bovril/meat concentrate scent, which has subdued, and now a perfumey incense high and penetrant note took over on top, the whole grow room smelled to her this morning.

Considering to chop upper colas and leave the rest to bulk up.

View Image

100% Crop
View Image

View Image

100% Crop
View Image

When I returned from taking the pics this morning, I was gloriously smelling to her, just by the rubbing when propping her for the pics. :dance013:

Lovely one :dance013:
Enjoy.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent smoke report Common Sense :) Very touching.

Love the way you describe her different nuances, you found very inspired words and ways to describe the very complex Kali China terpene profile :yes:

It's indeed pot with good potency, but the effects are so well focused, kind and balanced that it never makes me feel out of bounds, unpleasant, racy, anxious, intoxicated or with bad body or mind, even when smoking different KC plants from different lines, quite the opposite, makes me joyful, warm, happy, mentally enhanced but at the same time relaxed, appreciating more life and my inner and outer perception. Guess it just works well with my chemistry, it's a pleasure to know it works in the same way for many others too. Glad you are your wife are enjoying there! :huggg:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your recent Kali China harvest repuk ;)

She looks and sounds like she was in perfect moment for chop time, in such intense peak of terpene production and at this right moment of ripeness.

Lovely expression from F3xF4 line, she has the unmistakable purple colors of the Kali China F4 elite,
but with chunkier longer buds and better flower/leaf ratio from the F3 mother, which is a mango incensey green colored slightly more sativa pheno.

Hope she delivers lots of joy friend :)

Fronk

Excellent smoke report Common Sense :) Very touching.

Love the way you describe her different nuances, you found very inspired words and ways to describe the very complex Kali China terpene profile :yes:

It's indeed pot with good potency, but the effects are so well focused, kind and balanced that it never makes me feel out of bounds, unpleasant, racy, anxious, intoxicated or with bad body or mind, even when smoking different KC plants from different lines, quite the opposite, makes me joyful, warm, happy, mentally enhanced but at the same time relaxed, appreciating more life and my inner and outer perception. Guess it just works well with my chemistry, it's a pleasure to know it works in the same way for many others too. Glad you are your wife are enjoying there! :huggg:

I feel exactly the same way as you just described Dubi.
:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi PurpleOrangeD,

I'm already very satisfied with how Kali China currently it is, and all the Kali China stock we have produced since 2016 in different reproductions has been produced always with exactly same F3-F4 parent plants and reversing the same Kali China F4 elite to keep consistency in the results.

Further inbreeding from F6 onwards can produce a dismish in vigor, yield and potency, so if i finally continue inbreeding the line it will be only if i can run big number of plants at the same time.

Thanks for your interest.

As I am very fascinated by the Kali China F5:bigeye:, what are your breeding goals for the F6 generation?

StrongTree

gonna bloom this KaliChina. hoping to get the elongated flowers expression ive seen some others here get recently .. got the seed pack in 2018

so far leaf shape differs from the previous KC i had going .... that was leaning to the Yunnan

this one seems seems a little different... more stretchy and elongated... leaves more pointed and slender..

picture.php

ankhori

Hello my cannabis friends,

This 2020 year growing a lot of killer strains, all I can say is KaliChina isone of the best smelling plant since now (and I am growing Tom Hill Haze , OldTimer Haze, Auto Malawi x NL, Libanese, Punto Rojo and more).

Please let me put some photos of this beutiful and very nice smell plant.

I have two plants of KaliChina, and both smell some kind of flowers and woody, but one has a plus of leather.
Rock smell and only in vegetative, imagine when flower!! I recommend this strain and still not smoked, imagine how good are!

Here the photograpy
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

When flower I will come back and will try to describe the smells, but if is hard to describe when vegetative,
More hard will be in flowering!!! But is amazing the smell, so exotic, no "marijuana" smell like Skunk, smell like wood and flowers. Never expected that kind of smells from "Cannabis - marijuana" plant.

True joy to have this strain in the garden, I will pollinate with others strains the low branches. Wish the cross capture that exotic smell strain.

Here the album of 2020 grow:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=83788

Wish all of you very nice session of grow and beutiful bud flowers plenty of good smell and psycoactive resin

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi folks my kali china at 3 weeks 11/13. One kerala chellakutti male is also growing with them. One of the kali china has a nice intense lemon cleaner smell already. The male should start opening in about a week and a will give him a week to do his job. Think also that i will go for 5 weeks for good seed development.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi StrongTree,

A pleasure to know you are about to flower a new KC from seed ;)
She indeed looks like the more sativa expressions from F3 mother.
Eager to see her flowering in your garden, love your work! :)

gonna bloom this KaliChina. hoping to get the elongated flowers expression ive seen some others here get recently .. got the seed pack in 2018

so far leaf shape differs from the previous KC i had going .... that was leaning to the Yunnan

this one seems seems a little different... more stretchy and elongated... leaves more pointed and slender..

View Image

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome ankhori :)

Glad you are excited with the smells of your Kali China! Yours is also a more sativa pheno with the colorful stems of the F4 generation.
Best wishes for the flowering and good luck also with the growing of the other strains, very nice line up :yes:

Fronk

KC #4 and #2

KC #4 and #2

picture.php

I’ve got #1 and #3 a couple of weeks behind and KC (clone) going in in a couple of weeks from now. :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful chilliwilli :)

I think the aroma will evolve to something different with the progress of the flowering, lemony aromas are not very common in KC lines. All the best!

StrongTree

yes Dubi indeed more tall and slender as she expresses in early bloom...this ones leaves are less blue hued than the yunnan leaner i first had going...also leaves are less pentagon shaped...stem rub reveals a familiar stench:D something like fresh sumac leaf or as we used to call them "peanutbutter trees"

picture.php

picture.php