Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > California > Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Thread Title Search
Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2018, 06:00 PM #5501
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondon View Post
Iam just gonna go ahead and say what everyone is feeling but don't want to say it because they will get bashed and it isnt the "correct" way to think. I really bit myself in the ass all them years...believing the political "cause" from the High Times/ NORML camp and legalization efforts a little later from the MPP. I dont want to see anyone go to jail. I dont want to see Operation Black Merchant all over again but dammit..this isnt what I necessarily had in mind with legal weed. A whole way of life my farmer pals and I have or had is disappearing. A way of life and culture we took the chance and risked freedom to build. We built it alone. No one else was there. And not only that but some wanted us thrown in cages. Again I dont want to see anyone go to jail for weed..ever. But to watch these cocksucking politicians and corporations (who where nowhere decades ago or were the enemy) champion this thing we built because of money..my fucking money I lived on...really rubs me wrong. More and more I wish it would go back to the old days. I know that is selfish but damn man. Thats just how I personally feel about this.
The government was never going to allow weed to be legal. They will still be locking people up for weed. I was a ardent supporter of the Jack Herer initiative. We got a crap corporate tax scheme.

As a libertarian I belive we should be all be allowed to compete in a free market. The cream will rise to the top. The corporate crap will inevitably fail, but when the government picks the player you get cronyism not free market.

I have a friend who works at a legal grow in Arizona, he post pics of the buds. They are middle shelf at best. They grow stuff like northern lights, white widow, green crack, big bud. Nothing less than 20 years old. No cookies, no OG, no glue. Freaking funny, but sad for the folks who buy it. I sure hope that's not what happens here in California
packerfan79 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:14 PM #5502
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
Every step forward we take gets us closer to the flying monkeys, but forward we must go. Having done a little support work for CalNorml in the 70's. I could see the writing on the wall. Not everybody was a brother.
Now we're in the middle of a bubble, business and governments all looking for that same dollar. Your freedom at a price. The collapse starts at the bottom as wholesale prices tumble.
Woe is me, doom and gloom and wicked witches and the wizard is a fraud...
Oh well. What's it all about Mr. Natural? Don't mean sheeet...
You have to do for yourselves. We have to do for ourselves. Fuck them like they don't exist.
I don't sell to them and I don't buy from them.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:27 PM #5503
calisun

calisun will become famous soon enoughcalisun will become famous soon enoughcalisun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
The government was never going to allow weed to be legal. They will still be locking people up for weed. I was a ardent supporter of the Jack Herer initiative. We got a crap corporate tax scheme.

As a libertarian I belive we should be all be allowed to compete in a free market. The cream will rise to the top. The corporate crap will inevitably fail, but when the government picks the player you get cronyism not free market.

I have a friend who works at a legal grow in Arizona, he post pics of the buds. They are middle shelf at best. They grow stuff like northern lights, white widow, green crack, big bud. Nothing less than 20 years old. No cookies, no OG, no glue. Freaking funny, but sad for the folks who buy it. I sure hope that's not what happens here in California
I agree the Jack Herer initiative was the best out and I wish it had more support.
On another note cookies and glue birthday cake and all the new ones are not nearly as good as the real white widow and northern lights from the 90's and earlier imo.
calisun is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:57 AM #5504
Rondon

Rondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of light
I dont know about that. White Widow and NL were damn good and still are..They were popular for sure. But the stuff nowadays is way beyond those strains I think. I ran the hell out of Widow and even more NL back then. Big pots of Promix and rockwool slabs. Grew all them classics every which way I could muster. And the stuff I grow now...the newer stuff blows it out of the way. I think so. My family & friends that were around back then and still are do as well.
Rondon is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:55 AM #5505
Shcrews
DO WHO YOU BE

Shcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondon View Post
.the newer stuff blows it out of the way. I think so. My family & friends that were around back then and still are do as well.
this is off topic but i smoked some white widow bho recently and it's just as good as i remember... the batch had loud citrus flavor, just as good as any comparable "new" strains like Kosher Tangie or Sunset Sherbert. Saw a great batch of blueberry recently too. Old strains are still commercially viable if your shit is on point. of course OG has been around since the 90's so that could be considered old as well

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:21 AM #5506
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
Off topic too, but blueberry is some of the finest pot I have smoked.

Grown right it is hard to beat. Nice to see some of the old stalwarts coming back into fashion as people want more and more variety.
Wendull C. is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:58 PM #5507
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant future
i still have old dna in the stable..blue dream, old betsy..few others...i like new cars but theres a reason why people collect the classics..

back on topic 10 for 8 of machine molested

theJointedOne is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2018, 04:00 PM #5508
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
Some of that old no name Mexican bag seed worked pretty well when treated like a lady.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2018, 05:11 PM #5509
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
I do love the blueberry from back in the day. Taste like you ate a hand full of slightly over ripe blueberries. Man I wish it wasn't such a pain to grow. I had a buddy that lived up in the mountains who had garbage bags full of super dank blueberry, the good old days.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 03-01-2018, 07:59 PM #5510
Rondon

Rondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of light
The original BB was and still is a kick ass plant to run. That over ripe blueberry and warm muffin mixed with oaty Cheerios cereal smell. I ran that one back in the day alot as well. The real one from back then was easy for me to grow. Real indica the cut i had. Big chunker buds. But there are mostly indys now that have better less tolerant potency in my opinion. Bubba..Cataract/L.A. Affie/Confidential..etc. (Some of these are just as old as BB or older but I didnt hear about them or run them until way later). These all yield slightly less..no blueberry smell. More danky Kush but the stone just floors me the more I smoke. Old school BB had a ceiling. It only got you so baked. The indys I run now..damn.
Rondon is offline Quote