Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Michigan > Rainbow farms?

Thread Title Search
Rainbow farms? Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 12:47 AM #1
Duluth

Duluth will become famous soon enoughDuluth will become famous soon enough
Rainbow farms?

Hey everybody, I’m a younger guy but in my high school days I lived around the area. Rainbow farms was a mythological concept none of us were sure of. I know there’s a lot of older cats on here that lived those days. Can anybody shed some light on what rainbow farms was like? What the festival was like? Was the downfall as sad for the Michigan cannabis community as I can imagine?
Duluth is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 01:39 AM #2
cryptop

cryptop has a spectacular aura aboutcryptop has a spectacular aura aboutcryptop has a spectacular aura aboutcryptop has a spectacular aura aboutcryptop has a spectacular aura about
Wow! Before your post I'd never heard of it but that is crazy. No doubt some members on here have some interesting things to say about it.
cryptop is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2018, 06:01 AM #3
juztbudz

juztbudz is on a distinguished road
I visited Rainbow Farm in August of 2001, a week before the tragic end of the farm. I had heard that a festival "Roach Roast" was scheduled to
happen in the early fall and went to scout it out prior to gathering some like minded folks to go to the festival with me. I got the opportunity to talk with both Tom and his life mate, Rollie that weekend. Tom took me on a tour of the acreage and told me of their plans for the future. About a week later both Tom and Rollie were dead, murdered by the State Police, led by the A.G. Jennifer M. Granholm (later elected to be Governor), and marksmen from the FBI. Unfortunately this happened only a few days before 9/11 and the news quickly forgot the story of Tom and Rollie. I attended a memorial service, put together by the stoner community a short time later and even went back to the farm about 10 years later with a friend. We were thinking of buying the farm and putting a museum there to celebrate Michigan's cannabis history. The farm had been divided up into small lots and the museum simply wasn't viable. Many of my newfound "cannabis family" return there annually to show our respects.
juztbudz is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:25 AM #4
TheMan13

TheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant future
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Farm

https://www.mapinc.org/norml/v03.n1305.a07.html?
TheMan13 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:23 AM #5
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
wow, lived in MI all my life and never knew.
WaxyTaxi is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:21 PM #6
TheMan13

TheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant futureTheMan13 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxyTaxi View Post
wow, lived in MI all my life and never knew.
Sadly very few do and that's the way they like it. If Jennifer Granholm's Wikipedia mentioned the Rainbow Farm Siege as Janet Reno's mentions the Waco Siege, one would hope their political careers would have met the same fate. There is nothing worse than a politically climbing lawyer IMHO
TheMan13 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:55 PM #7
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
Just read that second link you posted, what a story! Failed utopia indeed, crazy shit.

I wonder what happen to that land?
WaxyTaxi is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:37 PM #8
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant future
Forgot all about this. Such bullshit.
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

Old 03-19-2018, 10:36 PM #9
Tiresmoke19

Tiresmoke19 is on a distinguished road
I've heard bar stool versions of this, never thought it was fact
Tiresmoke19 is offline Quote

Old 05-20-2018, 09:47 PM #10
RoostaPhish

RoostaPhish is just really niceRoostaPhish is just really niceRoostaPhish is just really niceRoostaPhish is just really niceRoostaPhish is just really niceRoostaPhish is just really niceRoostaPhish is just really niceRoostaPhish is just really niceRoostaPhish is just really niceRoostaPhish is just really niceRoostaPhish is just really nice
The Farm was amazing! It is still to this date the most open cannabis festival i have ever been too! The sheer amount of top notch genetics was unbelievable!