What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaf problem. Help identifying?

Athos

I have 2 seedlings that are 10 days old and one of them has 1 leaf with the tip looking strange (only using Calcium / magnesium additive so far). Could it be a slight burn and the soil been too hot?

Other than the seedling is developing at a very good rate.

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on? 2 or 3 days
What STRAIN are you growing? High Level from Eva Seeds (100% sativa)
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) Seed
What is the age of your plants? 10 days since breaking soil
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? Since seed, 13 days
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? Same
How Tall are the plants? Just over 1 inch (3 cm)
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Seedling.
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) None so far.
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) It’s in a 16 oz cup.
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Biobizz Allmix
What brand Nutrient's are you using? Grotek Cal-Max so far.
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* I’m only using Grotek Cal-Max at 0,7 cc per liter and watering with 200 cc.
How often are you feeding? I use Cal-Max with every watering.
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? Not flowering.
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) Not applicable.
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? Total EC is 0.4 (200 ppm).
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? 6.6
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? Every time I water.
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? pH pen.
How often are you watering? Every 5 days.
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? I haven’t fed them, only water with Cal-Max.
What size bulb are you using? 6 x 10 led bubs
How old is your bulbs? 2 months olds
What is the distance to the canopy? 5 inches. Although they were closer at 3 inches at some point.
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 40%
What is the canopy temperature? 28 to 29°C (82 to 84 F)
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) Day 80 to 84 F. Night 68 to 75 F.
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 13 CFM.
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running? Passive intake, exhaust running 24/7
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? No fan blowing on them yet.
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? No it gets pretty dry every 5 days at the moment of the next watering.
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Soft.
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Tap water.
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) 0,04 EC (20 pppm) 8.0 pH
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? No
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? Not that I can see

TheRud

Have you had any success fixing your problem. My plants where suffering a similar problem and it has developed into droopy leaves that are curling upward from the sides. If you have any advice I would approximate it

Attachments

• IMG_20180207_230312.jpg
    IMG_20180207_230312.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180207_230425.jpg
    IMG_20180207_230425.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180207_230331.jpg
    IMG_20180207_230331.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 10

Dog Star

Veteran
Fan need to blow on plants cause other way plants cant breath properly..

they dont have lungs so they are addicted to air moving as then they exchange
easier gases that they bring to stomatas..

its minor problems,those with leafes,just give them better air movement..

This answer is for Atos..

Dog Star

Veteran
Have you had any success fixing your problem. My plants where suffering a similar problem and it has developed into droopy leaves that are curling upward from the sides. If you have any advice I would approximate it

Lower a fan that it blows in level of soil,under plant skirts,not up how is now where it blows on tops of plants... also your plants showing like slight Mg hunger..

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
The yellowing leaf tips mean that the roots have hit the bottom. Soon time for repot.

Latest posts

Latest posts