What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who uses high P and K in bloom with success?

Spaventa

Veteran
I wasn't planning to update as such but I have to say, this is all going great. They've drank 10 litres of that so far and are putting on weight, visibly and no signs of any problems apart from the GG#4...i thought she was hungry because I saw a 2 or three slight deficiencies but it was K toxicity that was locking them out. She fine really, buds are nice. She's on low K now but the rest are more than happy on the Canna schedule with the 0-9-18 PK. Only another couple of days and ill start dealing back the nutrients on them all anyway. I feel happy I'm maxing it though. Even the GG#4 isn't a problem. I just give here less next time but 9 other clones/strains are fine.

I wasn't planning to update as such but I have to say, this is all going great. They've drank 10 litres of that so far and are putting on weight, visibly and no signs of any problems apart from the GG#4...i thought she was hungry because I saw a 2 or three slight deficiencies but it was K toxicity that was locking them out. She fine really, buds are nice. She's on low K now but the rest are more than happy on the Canna schedule with the 0-9-18 PK. Only another couple of days and ill start dealing back the nutrients on them all anyway. I feel happy I'm maxing it though. Even the GG#4 isn't a problem. I just give here less next time but 9 other clones/strains are fine.

Glad to hear it. So it looks like you're right around the max K? Please come back and update and let me know how the rest of the grow turns out with this high K feed schedule. Thanks!

Can you tell me the percentage of Calcium that are in the base nute's and if there is any in any of the additives you use? From what I understand Ca should be roughly less than Half of the K so if your K is 500ppm you'd want your Ca to be 250ppm.

Spaventa

Veteran
Can you tell me the percentage of Calcium that are in the base nute's and if there is any in any of the additives you use? From what I understand Ca should be roughly less than Half of the K so if your K is 500ppm you'd want your Ca to be 250ppm.

Its Aqua Flores. Ca 1.7 percent, CaO 2.4.

Its Aqua Flores. Ca 1.7 percent, CaO 2.4.

With 4ml per liter of a+b you're at 164ppm of Ca. So when using the PK booster you're ratio of K:Ca is roughly 3.5:1. Maybe it doesn't cause any issues because it's only used for a week like that? Your source water could be adding Ca as well of course..

Well I ordered a bunch of dry salts today. I am going to be moving away from liquids completely. With what I bought I should be able to mix up any kind of NPK ratio I want.

Spaventa

Veteran
With 4ml per liter of a+b you're at 164ppm of Ca. So when using the PK booster you're ratio of K:Ca is roughly 3.5:1. Maybe it doesn't cause any issues because it's only used for a week like that? Your source water could be adding Ca as well of course..

Thats what I think.

Latest posts

Latest posts