What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DONUTS...and why I love them!!!!!!

mrcreosote

Veteran
Blueberry filled toasted coconut from Dunkin' Donuts.

Tastes so good you'll have to change yer undies.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cp26.jpg

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had to go to Voodoo today...I was driving right past it....how could I not stop. I forgot how much premium donuts cost, on a crazy strawberry fritter w/chocolate on top and a boston creme style with maple frosting instead of choc I spent a fiver. Two donuts...5 bucks. Yikes.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I was thinking about fritters vs. bear claws... very serious business of course...

And I was thinking strawberry and chocolate chunk fritters... like pain au chocolat kind of size pieces of goodness.

My bear claw idea should probably wait as this isn't a danish thread or even the Munchie Mansion.

But it was cashew/peanut cocoa dough style... but I've said too much...

God I love cannabis.

Oh yeah... and life ain't too shabby either :)

L

longearedfriend

My favorite is the white powdered with strawberry filling.

I will only eat one every couple of years or so :)

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
In germany donuts are called berliner, they´re filled with marmelade and got no hole in the middle. At new years eve, it´s a joke with tradition, one of the berliners is filled with mustard. :biggrin:

berliner-pfannkuchen-fotolia_460.jpg

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
:bigeye:

I'd still eat it.

Lol, good apetite!:biggrin:

But by the way, it´s interesting for an european, what a mainpart of american foodculture donuts are. Just yesterday, I saw "Dexter" and in the openingscene, Dexter came to the office with donuts. There is no copmovie without donuts.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I like donuts too..just never get to eat them, like 2 times a year or something, lol...the sacred donut, oh my! haha...the favorite of mine is that one HermantheGerman mentioned, the Berliner...awesome!

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man I like donuts too, Krispy Kreme's my favorites however how after reading this dang thread while partaking of a "couple" bowls of Three Kings ( yup here they is:
Three_Kings_3052013_8.jpg

I now have a MAJOR case of the munchies thank you very much. The Wife is reheating last nights leftover of one of the most awesome Briskets I have ever had, so tender it just melts in your mouth along with a slice of swiss cheese ( I didn't say I kept kosher ) and a spoonful of the juices on some rye bread , oh boy. Then unfortunately for dessert and too fried for driving so we'll have to suffer with a bowl of Vanilla Gelato with a little cherry juice spinkled over it.

Hang Ten Kimosabe:blowbubbles:

castout

Veteran
Soooooo, this afternoon, after getting some groceries, and scoring my copy of Saveur magazine's DONUT ISSUE.....I picked up some donuts, for lunch. I was bowled over to realize that I have been to more than a few of the top 50 donut shops in the USA!!!!! I am very proud of that fact. I also got some fab donut recipes, which of course, I will be making. I am also going to try to make DONUT O's, with mj. That sounds like a truly intriguing donut, not only will I get my donut fix, but I will also be medicating. I will be posting pics as I meander down the donut frying path.............

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 16

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Now we're talking!!!!

:greenstars:

I may have to get down on some of this action and finally make my pot puff pastry dough.

Cannadanishes :yummy:

castout

Veteran
I went to the store, and on my way home, I stopped by the bakery....scored me some donuts, a frosted fudge brownie, and a loaf of Italian bread. Gonna make some garlic dipping oil, and cut some gruyere cheese....bread and cheese, and donuts....followed by a fudge brownie.......this is the perfect combo for snacking...sweet, savory, chocolate!!!!

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 15