What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whitehouse.gov show 'em we are serious!

ManyManySpliffs

We need roughly 86,000 signatures to make this happen. All you need is a valid e-mail address and it's all done online. Real quick and easy. Take about 4-5mins of your time to make a dream come true. I believe there are atleast 500,000 people on ICMAG, maybe a million. It shouldn't be a problem to get 86,000 signatures by Feb. 18th. I've heard a lot of complaining about how people want weed legalized over the years, well here is the chance but if you do nothing don't expect anything to happen. Sign the petition like I did and spread the word like I'm doing now. Overgrow refugees this is our time to Overgrow the nation, literally. Let your voices be heard!

RoadRash

I agree with Canned. Weed should not be a class 1 drug in the same group with the likes of cocaine and heroin.

From 1776 to 1937, 3 of the most widely prescribed drugs in America were preparations & tinctures of Cannabis, Cocaine, and Heroin.

Cannabis is a wonderful life-giving drug. It is widely used in one of the strongest regional economies in the world - Silicon Valley, which now extends north to SF, East to Emeryville (Pixar), etc.

The Indians of South America chew coca leaves almost daily. Doesn't seem to hurt them.

Conclusion: concentration matters with drugs like cocaine and heroin.

But they are very useful drugs. I'm about to have a cocaine derivative injected into my jaw by the dentist. Thank God ! Without that, I'd be doing shots of Jack Daniels to get through the drilling, and I'd need a designated driver to get home !

But in reversing the Idiot Drug Laws of the US, we have to 'pick our battles wisely', so I think it's best to focus on eradicating the anti-Cannabis laws. In short, I have Zero-Tolerance for Zero-Tolerance.

Beanzy

I was disgusted when I heard Obamas reply to Bill Mohr on HBO. Bill asked him about legalizing it and Barry said some crap about health and addiction, another fucking Hippocrate.
I do believe though that he told the attorney general to respect states rights and back off the raids on dispensaries .

Koosmom

I agree, but these people are liars. They say they want our input on subjects of interest, or is it a front to get your information then shut you down lock you up? Can any of us actually believe what they say?
It would be very good if we could believe they really want an open conversation about certain matters, especially medical marijuana. But will they really listen? I say be very careful what and how much you tell these people, they are not our friends.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The time is ripe for FULL federal Cannabis repeal

The time is ripe for FULL federal Cannabis repeal

I spent a couple hours early this AM thinking about what pitch I would give to the President if he wanted a briefing on why he should take all of Cannabis off the federal schedule. Not from the AMA, not from the DEA, not from whatever agency is threatened with a budget cut if legalized... but from me. Payback for sending in a whitehouse.gov suggestion.

Of course I would try to get someone who could make the point clearly, but there would need to be a briefing made in any case. Lord knows the MIC, big tobacco, etc have theirs!

We are light years ahead today, and the stars are aligned IMO.

1. CBD de-federalization has been a huge success, except for the bunko artists trying to scam stock investors.

2. CBD acceptance by all sorts of people who would never try "Marijuana" is growing. Old people talk about it at church. It helps their pets be active again.

3. The feds are cracking down on opoids - about time. This is a Trump initiative. So the case for Cannabis for pain relief is now compelling since there are no pot deaths.

4. A bunch of states have legalized Cannabis in their own ways. More states are moving in that direction. Some states where Cannabis is illegal ignore CBD sales at stores, including flower. Jails are overcrowded as it is.

5. "Hemp" is really Cannabis. At this point a chart or two regarding the compounds in the Cannabis plant would be handy. Point out that the strains are the real difference due to the compound ratios they produce (Is that even correct?). Use "full spectrum" vs "isolate" CBD oil as an example of the availability of many Cannnabis compounds.

6. Expand on the health/medicinal aspect of the plant. This chart I stole shamelessly from somewhere may be a start...

Pic won't cut/paste from my drive. It is a pie chart with the major compounds and the health benefits.

Maybe add some real life anectdotal stories of miracle cures here also.

7. Economy, jobs, crime reduction, medical costs lowering, money stays in the USA instead of going to Mexico.

And VOTES!!!

Is that story, or a better version, available ANYWHERE in a nice concise, eloquant, easily digested, simple 30 minute briefing?

Why not??? He can do this with a stroke of the pen and it is election / impeachment season. 20-30 million votes in the bag IMO.

My gawd, the look on nadler's face when his fed tax and pot justice agency is taken away. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts