What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Other Hobbies..

Mr. Burgundy

Snowboarding is not my hobby, it is my problem. If I don't get in 30 days in a year, then I am someone's problem :)

The military used to have me thinking polishing my boots and ironing my uniform was something i loved to do in my spare time. Wait, I don't? No, I do..right?

I love to do puzzles. 1K-1500 Jigsaws. Put the ipod on shuffle through 7K songs, blaze up, and just go for it....

Fishing is great, to say the least. Don't go as much as I used to, but one of the best hobbies....

*insert guilty pleasure hobby here* paging through personal ads...the best comedy out there!!!

Stay Classy!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love doing jigsaw puzzles too ...the more pieces the better, in the winter when its cold out and not much to do...sit around and put a puzzle together and toke!
The jumble that they have in the newpapers, I love doing those too..and scrabble! haha

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
rock hounding and fossile hunting in the SW desert
Turquoise is my gold
when i find it gold silver n copper isnt far away normally in the tailing piles
i never go into abandon mines

stay out stay alive is the motto

shack

Among other things,I like to surface hunt for indian artifacts.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

eglider

VooDoo
I find raising the dead to be an exhilerating hobby. Sort of like remote control airplanes that dont crash. Much more practical too. Zombies are great for yardwork but hopeless at going to the store.
Zombie races are lots of fun too but they just arent fast.
I got a new "Head-Shrinking at Home" guide. We'll see how it goes.

S

semilantacasa

Winter swimming is my hobby number one, and i live place where winter lasts for 8months, hrrr coldy. -30degrees and go swim, sauna with spliff, that's life :)

S

semilantacasa

Allmost 8 months, maybe i bit exaggerate :D But average temperatures can lasts for over 100days not going +degrees. Maybe i should move to warwer place...haha

armedoldhippy

Veteran
fishing (esp. flyfishing), bowhunting, knapping stone points, woodworking, building box calls for turkey hunting, photography, mycology, old motorcycles (Harley & Indians), mmm can you count eating bacon as a hobby/interest? i am VERY interested in eating bacon...:woohoo: oops, forgot making moonshine.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated by aircraft, be that passenger jets, helicopters, or radio controlled models of anything that flies.

Well I never did become a pilot, but I have over the years spent hundreds of hours in the world of virtual flight, using Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, for which after-market packages are available where pilot wanna-bes like me can learn in great detail how to fly airliners, including programming of the FMC Flight Management Computer that is used to define entire flight paths in such classic heavy birds as the Boeing 737,747 and 767, all produced for MSFS 2004 by companies such as PMDG and Level D.

Lately I have been studying the Airbus 320, for which a massively detailed version is produced by Aerosoft. The Airbus fly-by-wire protections make the pilot's task almost too easy, but it is still a lot of fun to dabble with and learn the similarities and contrasts to the Boeing philosophy.

All told though, I love the Boeing birds over the Airbus, and there is a lot of satisfaction in setting up and executing a perfect auto-land, or in hand flying through monster storms and ferocious crosswinds, chasing the ILS bugs in zero visibility, to crab the big bird sidelong down to the runway threshold, before kicking the rudder that will straighten her out the instant the man gear settles on the tarmac.

With my obsession for flight spilling over into RC models, I fly a collective pitch Walkera RC helicopter, in the "scale flying" realm where the object is to replicate the graceful controlled precision of real helicopters, as opposed to the "humming bird on crack" aerobatics that are all the rage among RC pilots these days.

Finally I am slowly assembling a Bixler2 powered glider, for FPV flight, where an on board video camera will allow me to pilot the plane from the safety of a ground station at home, via a radio link.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from this land lubber virtual aviator, whose mad experiments continue unabated.