What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying Box Questions

I made a small cardboard drying box like this with a string pulled across the middle to dry my bud after it's hung on the stem in the closet for a couple days. But I just realized I don't really know how the box thing is supposed to be done.

Do I seal the top of the box shut or leave it open while the bud is in there? I'm only hanging one large cola in it for a few days so it has a chance to air out away from the rest of the plant to prevent mold (it's really thick). The box will be placed in my dark closet just like the rest of the plant so light isn't an issue.

Gracias!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dark closet,yes! You don't need box sealed. You just want a slow even drying process. If cola is large, rotate it to distribute air. When stem can bend without snapping (dry), it's ready for jar(s). That's when to keep an eye on it. Others have their methods.

Congratulations on your harvest!