What's new

When the hell do I use Canna PK 13/14?

Hello again,

When do I add this product? The schedule is vague; according to Canna, I want to use it 5 to 8 weeks after the flip. According to my hydro guy, I want to use it when I have "dime sized flowers" (which I have now, 2.5 weeks after the flip.) Thoughts? Thanks!

FK

BCNeil

Canna use to recommend using it for just one single week. Like 6-7.
I use it from 3-8. Canna also recommends very high EC for their coco line A and B. Maybe if you follow that it would be a good idea to delay adding PK early on. Since they would be getting more than enough from the base

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use canna substra but I start pk end of week three when clusters start to form...use it for 8-10 days

milkyjoe

Veteran
Never. imo it does not do what people think it does. It guarantees you will tie up micros which are important for those terpenes. And it will guarantee K outcompetes Ca from that point on...no Bueno.

B

Baron Greenback

Have a look at MIDTOWN's 10kw coco grow thread. He pretty much starts flowering with it and gets nice results.
I'm trying it from about week 3, very, very diluted though - about 1/3rd strength, seems to be working but then I keep my ec low anyway.

Wow, that's a lot of differing viewpoints... from "never" to "week 3" to "week 7"... don't know where that leaves me. :/ Thanks everyone! :)

Weeded1s

Sorry but i guess ill add to this confusion as well lol... you could use it as a quick boost around week 2 and then start it back up around week 5-8 on a 10 weeker if your using it as a booster only.
However It really just depends on what nutes your using as a base, as to how you want to apply any pk booster... as some people tend to use it at a lower dose all the way through.
pk boosters play with different p to k ratios so it needs to be paired up with the base nutes as best as possible :)

milkyjoe

Veteran
Ask yourself what it actually does...does anyone, anywhere, anyhow have a citation showing it actually boosts buds. Or is there just a lot of bro science followed by lots of guys saying it works.

Science over bros in this game.

Weeded1s

If you start looking at what the marijuana nutrient intake profiles look like (minimums and maximums of ie: iron or magnesium or nitrogen) and what the chart recommends, you then get a better idea of the ranges your supposed to stay in.
This will prevent lets say for example adding too much K and locking out CA (which seems to be happening around icmag alot lately) . Nutrient profiles speak the truth. It will help explain why companys make coco nutients different from other nutrients.
P.s. remember my friends ....coco kicks back P later on in its life cycle and when being reused for the 2nd and 3rd time.
Cheers...1

MID TOWN

I just finished using it for the first time so I'm no expert on it but I used it once in week 3 at about half strength and then I started it back up like every othe res fill around week 5 i think. Also at like half to third strength. Not sure if that helps you or not

RedBeardy5

I use it week 5 or week 6 depending on when it finishes. I do it that way to restart the flowering to add weight. At least that's my understanding of using a P/K product...

If you start looking at what the marijuana nutrient intake profiles look like (minimums and maximums of ie: iron or magnesium or nitrogen) and what the chart recommends, you then get a better idea of the ranges your supposed to stay in.
This will prevent lets say for example adding too much K and locking out CA (which seems to be happening around icmag alot lately) . Nutrient profiles speak the truth. It will help explain why companys make coco nutients different from other nutrients.
P.s. remember my friends ....coco kicks back P later on in its life cycle and when being reused for the 2nd and 3rd time.
Cheers...1

Do you happen to have links to those charts? I've seen them before, I know what you're talking about.

Holeshot

Pk13-14

Pk13-14

I use it week 5 or week 6 depending on when it finishes. I do it that way to restart the flowering to add weight. At least that's my understanding of using a P/K product...
I do the same. I've been using Canna for over 10 years . When the buds are starting to slow down and mature , give them a good feed of it for a few days to a week and a half . Adds good extra bud growth and helps mature as well. Canna Boost is also a great product for taste and smell . Always make sure to flush well , as the pk can leave a strong taste.

Latest posts

Latest posts