What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ayahuasca Purple

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Ayahuasca Purple

Limited Edition. -Released in October

Genetics we were given by a US army vet now based in Alaska. We invited him to our farm 4 years ago and he arrived with these precious seeds. These incredibly beautiful purple/ruby red plants were a revelation. By crossing with the original Master Kush (Thank you Sensi Seeds) we found a perfect plant. The end result is Ayahuasca Purple. Incredibly psychedelic effect.

information
type: indica
yield: 650 gr x m2
height: 1 to 1.50m
flower time: Just 50 days
harvest time: Mid September
thc: High. approx 21%
cbd: ±0.9%
genetics: Red River X Master Kush

This is a limited release from barneys farm. Hasn't hit any of the banks yet but I do know one bank that is carrying it, have been wanting to give it a go. What do you guys think?

So far all the gear I have tried from BF has been right on.

wingdings

Veteran
Anyone who has tried DMT would not name a cannabis cultivar after it. No master kush cross is "incredibly psychedelic" unless your speaking of a lack of credibility. This is just marketing at its worst.

InvasionANC

So, I see the the worthless commentary regarding Barney's alleged marketing practices but I am wondering if anyone has anything to say about the strain itself. If I really wanted top shelf genetics I would visit a local breeder and get something truly unique, but I see no harm in exploring strains produced (or "relabeled") by mainstream internationally distributing breeders. I was intrigued by what I've seen of this strain and even if this isn't one of their cup winners, I have to assume these guys can pick good parents.

InvasionANC

Sorry, that was supposed to say "unsolicited" in place of "worthless". I didn't mean to offend anyone and I try not to operate on opinion.

SICE

Is it really purple? Are there any pics?

its tough to really know when there are all these fancy names out

InvasionANC

From the little bit I have seen it is indeed quite purple, but how much the environment was effecting the color change is unknown. I am personally working my way up the ladder trying different strains from multiple cup winning mainstream breeders while I improve my skills as a cultivator/horticulturalist. I was originally looking at strains from Dutch Passion but Ayahuasca Purple from Barney's caught my eye. A friend of mine has grown LSD from Barney's and, despite the silly name, it was quite satisfying. I am just hoping this will be a purple strain of comparable quality. I do not personally care much about color intensity but it certainly gets most people giddy. I just liked the purported high potency and giant yields. Regardless, I did order some seeds. I may post a journal if anyone expresses interest. I need to share a few pics of my current set up at some point so it will be clear I have the chops to produce a worthy example of this strain (as grown from seeds) even though I only have about 18 months of first hand experience.

Smokesan

Any exprience yet? Anyone?

I'd like to know more than anything about grow experiences or smoke reports. I'm currently growing this train (flowering week 4 from hairs) and some grow experience would be helpful. Feno of mine just stopped streching and has nice but small hairballs quite distance between, and Ayahuasca is way behind other strains,C99 and LA Cannalope which are growing in same space and in the same nft. Also Cream Caramel in soil seems to be finishing faster. Everything else is fine and Ayahuasca is bushy as hell, circa 30 tops. All plants height management with LST. I gave some super croping to Ayahuasca in some point because there wasn't any other option really to keep it in control.

InvasionANC

Well, I can't seem to find anything worthwhile about this strain. I just went ahead and ordered 10 feminized seeds. I may post a journal. I hope its worthwhile, I've been extremely impressed with the ease and quality of Nirvana strains and was originally going to try Lithium OG (OG Kush x Master Kush) but I decided to take a risk on the AP.

InvasionANC

Popping you say?

Looks like one if the seeds is cracked a bit. They sent 11 so I'm not upset.(Bonza)

...and now we play the waiting game.

That's 5 x Ayahuasca Purple by Barney's Farm.

InvasionANC

All five popped, 4 within 24 hours. I will post an update here every few weeks and likely start a journal. I have not been able to find a journal featuring this strain, so I will try to keep the first one. Check my account, I will start it as soon as these have sprouted.

LostTribe

Premium user
Anyone who has tried DMT would not name a cannabis cultivar after it. No master kush cross is "incredibly psychedelic" unless your speaking of a lack of credibility. This is just marketing at its worst.

I totally agree Madre Aya really doesn't apply to cannabis but whats in a name really? All these names are just labels and really dont fairly describe the parentage these days.....

InvasionANC

I don't get why you guys are so hung up on the name. I agree, names like LSD and and Ayahuasca Purple are pretty silly, but I think it is apparent that they are just trying to allude to the fact they regard it as a "trippy" or highly creative and though provoking strain. There are so many stupid strain names out there that have little or nothing to do with the qualities of the strain, and I would guess that the majority of people don't even know what Ayahuasca is. Regardless, I personally ordered the strain because I liked the description and wanted to try a it and Barney's in general. There isn't a lot of information out there about this strain, so I am planning to keep a grow journal for this sake of any others looking into it. Worst case scenario, I won't like it enough to grow it again... I guess my point is, when people ask about a strain it is a pretty safe assumption they aren't seeking your opinion of its name. I have tried DMT, so I know enough to realize that cannabis could never even come close to mimicking its effects. Anyone stupid enough to think that is the implication being made probably deserves to be disappointed.

InvasionANC

Anyone stupid enough to think that is the implication being made probably deserves to be disappointed.
I felt that I should clarify that I was not referring to anyone in this forum when I made this statement. I was just saying that, in my opinion, anyone gullible enough to believe that any cannabis strain would elicit effects even remotely approaching those of ayahuasca or LSD probably isn't the brightest bulb...

Latest posts

Latest posts