What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Congo

zamalito

Veteran
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I was planning the same cross. Now I can't wait. I just got some congolese and senegalese seeds that came from cannabiogen and was planning on making f2's and deep chunk crosses. Along with a few others. Can you tell me more about your congolese?

Reign of Terror

damn richard, long time no see since OG went

you got anymore beautiful DC crosses for the future? im sure ill get into this one, its sounds so exotic!!!

JohnBudd

Wow! That is a really beautiful plant, Richard. I really look forward to giving the DeepCongo a run as well. All your genetics have been top shelf in the past, and I am sure this is excellent as well.

zamalito

Veteran
The resin glands on this bud look like they wanna come out and eat you. If you don't mind me asking what source did you get your congolese from? Do you know if it was from the congo basin which is now zaire, present day congo, drc, etc.? Also anything you can say about the plant structure, flowerung times, etc of your congolese would be excellent since I haven't grown mine out yet.

R

richardwilliams

deep congo club

deep congo club

The congo came to me as a clone only
its origins I will get to in another post,
the congo on its own is a very special and
treasured smoke, currently my top top favourite
smoke, so earthy, sagey, skunky, spicey
with that high that has no celing and you can
just smoke it every day and not get bored with it
at all times a crowd pleaser, walk into a party, or
better yet a musical performance and smoke up the
band, you will be thanked by the musicians for the
inspiring weed. Being an artist myself, it really inspires
creative thought, witty conversation, etc, etc.
I grew out several large specimens of the congo cut
interspersed with my outdour deep chunk patch last year
so there's five males in this cross, in the cross you get the congo
smell in every plant, theres two main phenos, a slightly more sativa
leaning one, shown here, and the more indica, which im still drying,
this is the one i want to go down in the books for as it is so good, the
deep chunk densified the buds and you can see the rippled leaf effect in the
buds, a dc trait, but the congo terpenes shone thru and the deep chunk
deepened the whole smell and taste.
cheers.
i will post some pics of the parents.

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Richard, glad to see you've been busy! Looking forward to further details. I'm still enjoying the Deep Warp. :wink: :wave: Highlighter = Resin

zamalito

Veteran
Can't wait for the pics. I hope my congolese seeds come close to your description. I never understood why congolese strains weren't more common. The pygmies are pretty much the oldest cannabis culture in africa. Plus I always really loved the drawing of the congolese in mj botany. It's of a really stout wide leafed plant though the buds look all the way sativa.

aeric

Veteran
is that a magenta or purple thing goin on in those budleaves? landraces in general have much more depth and dynamic to them, you have to get to know them because they don't punch you in the face the first time you meet them lol :joint:

JACKBAYBEH

Very interesting cross. Two powerhouse landraces hook up for a true F1.
Would love to see/hear more on this one.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very interesting richard!

Sounds like you have had good dominances in the hybrid! Congolese aromas densified by deep chunk afghani influence .... yummy!

How was the structure and flowering time in the hybrid? is the high clean and euphoric like original congolese or heavier due the indica influence?

Thanks for share the report. I'd love to see some finished plants pics for comparison! Great work! dubi

R

richardwilliams

dcongo

dcongo

The high of the deep congo is a little heavier than the pure congo but quite psycedelic, as an example this morning I went to go get something down at the boat, instead when i got down to the dock I started getting into the sights and sounds of nature and went tripping around on the beach.
The smell of the deep congo is quite acrid and somehwat diesely (like the fuel), the taste lingers on your palate. I am just starting to smoke it so it will be awhile before I can do a full smoke report.

I flowered out these ones for about 9 weeks which is a little shorter than the congo.

yield wise its looking like about an ounce a piece for these ones.

I will pop in again with some more pics and comments soon, cheers for now,

G

Super nice man I'm lovin those buds. Any whole plant shots with the leaves on? I've heard dc males usually dominate crosses, but I can't remember which traits. I'd like to see if the leaves look more sat or indy. Anyways can't wait to hear the smoke report and nice buds once again.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey RW,great work :jump:

"I've heard dc males usually dominate crosses, but I can't remember which traits. I'd like to see if the leaves look more sat or indy"
massholebmx,
That´s true from what I´ve seen so far.Here´s one hybrid that I made grown out by Chaman.The father was a DC male :D