What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why are all the Medical Marijuana legislation CBD only?

I am trying not to let my mind wonder on this one. I rather not get conspiratorial and try to find a rational answer to this question.

We see Alabama sign into law CBD-oil Medical Marijuana legislation for research to treat epilepsy only.

Tennessee shot down a Medical Marijuana bill, which would allow the treatment of cancer, AIDs, PTSD, and epilepsy, but THAT day they quickly introduced CBD-oil legislation. The author even admitted that he wrote it up three days prior, where as the more encompassing MMJ bill had been on the books for half a year.

We see Florida signing CBD-oil legislation quickly even tho their citizens have pushed for a vote in November for broader MMJ laws.
Who else? Georgia... CBD only.

I am sure i am leaving out other states... Iowa?

Anycase, why CBD-oil only? Whats behind the politics?
A way for Republicans to keep a "hard on drugs" stance while showing they can be compassionate?
A CBD-oil law will not disrupt law enforcement funds from drug busts?
A case of political monkey see monkey do?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Iowa has a CBD only bill waiting for Our Idiot Govner to sign. Not only that but You have to source it where ever You can. There is NO provision to allow a patient, or anyone else in Iowa to produce the plant/oil.
This is only an option for seizure disorders.

Some people think,,, great its a toe in the door. WTF? It is TOTAL bullshit! Assholes pandering to The Sheeple.

Peace; 1TT

oldchuck

Veteran
No politician can be seen to be denying a weeping mother medication that can save her child's life. Besides CBD doesn't get you high and we all know getting high is sinful and unAmerican. It's a no brainer in gumball states.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
In Iowa even the Dems are all over this CBD shit. In Des Moines, Iowa City, Ames the Dems are hard left Liberals, but out in farm country It is a different story. The Dems are still very socially conservative, so the Representatives from Rural districts have to pander to the Liberals when in session, and back Home They try to keep the Family values BS mask on.
I think You hit the nail on the head, when You said that The Republicrats can still hold the line on crime, but show compassion. What a fucking joke. this bill is written so narrowly that I would be suprised if there are 3dozen patients with severe seizure disorders severe enough to even qualify for this program.
For those this will help, it will also make Them guilty of Federal trafficking, if They order the poison from China, and have it delivered through the mail.

Peace; 1TT

Morcheeba*

Veteran
No politician can be seen to be denying a weeping mother medication that can save her child's life. Besides CBD doesn't get you high and we all know getting high is sinful and unAmerican. It's a no brainer in gumball states.

BINGO!

its not wise to appear void of compassion especially when children are involved..........plus, all of us adults are only wanting to get high and full legalization it the hidden agenda......mmj is a smoke screen.

well, I remain a criminal since cbd has little value in stopping my spasms.

peace

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
they are using the term CBD so they can make a few people believe it is not "the evil drug marijuana" that helps a whole lot of people feel better.

they have lied for a long time and now they are trying to use terminology to cover their ass. american politics at it's finest

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
^ Well put, Eighths-n-Aces. ^

Kinda surprised this didn’t happen sooner…

An obvious way for them to straddle the preverbal ‘fence’…

A modicum of “compassion", while still retaining most of the stupid.

RoadRash

It's all about Control.

Doctors + LEO have a cash cow. They want to prescribe drugs that Cannabis competes with, and they want to keep the prison industry going.

One of the last things they want is for us to find out that ...

we don't need them.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
As long as nearly 50% of the citizens receive $$$$ from the Govment, unfortunately its going to be a minute till enough of us not only DONT NEED THEM, but wish They would just all do the right thing, and hang themselves.

Peace; 1TT

RoadRash

As long as nearly 50% of the citizens receive $$$$ from the Govment, unfortunately its going to be a minute till enough of us not only DONT NEED THEM, but wish They would just all do the right thing, and hang themselves.

Peace; 1TT

Some hash oil and a minor electrical fire in the HVAC intake vent :woohoo:might help some of them (TPTB) chill out. Temporarily.

Or who knows, if Nancy Pelosi used good medicine, she might discover the mental energy to read a bill before signing it.

All that woman needs is a good Wake and Bake. :tiphat:

Last edited:

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
To clarify, I meant the Assholes in Govment, are the ones Who should hang themselves.
I would never wish that on a human with a soul, but politicians seem to devolve into something less than Human.

Not quit an Anarchist, but, compared to this, well,,,,

Peace; 1TT

Sóley

Hasn't cbd been legal in all 50 states already for awhile now?

we the people acknowledge that cannabinoids have health benefits. we will allow one of them....

Lets save kids with epilepsy. Screw everyone else with cancer, RA, PTSD, AIDS, Anxiety, MS, Renal failure, etc.....

The idea that CBD-oil legislation being a stepping stone toward full legalization is an interesting topic.

Half of me reluctantly agrees with it being a stepping stone while the other half is very frustrated and sees this whole CBD-only legislation as half-stepping. If CBD works in conjunction with THC, then restricting THC to only .8% seems it would only hinder the potential of the medication. Where did this magic .8% i see in the CBD-oil legislation originate?

Any case, is there precedents for the idea CBD-oil legislation is a stepping stone? Is there any precedents for CBD-oil only hindering more open marijuana legislation. I assume no, since CBD-oil legislation has been a new occurrence, but please correct me if i am wrong.

Jhhnn

Veteran
It's an attempt to deny the sort of coalition building that allowed passage of A64 here in CO. If they can split away some of the Med advocates, give them what they want, then those people won't be as interested in the passage of broader measures.

Or so it seems to me.

None of it will matter much in a few years, given the very successful way that the Colorado experience is unfolding. The only reason that prohibition continues to exist is that the truth of legalization has never been revealed. Fiction has served as fact in the absence of fact.

We're revealing the facts on a daily basis. We're showing the world what legal cannabis looks like, how it works, what the real effects are on society. Those facts are obliterating the rationales for prohibition. A year from now, 2 years from now & forever the irrefutable answer to prohibitionist rhetoric will be summed up in one word- "Colorado". It just works, a Helluva lot better than prohibition ever did.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
I certainly hope Your right Jhhnn.
Yet the media is trying to keep us down with stupid stories of Guys ODing on edibles, and shooting his Wife then jumping off a balcony, or some such shit.
I've seen a few folks get an overly heavy dose from edibles, and THEY CANT MOVE to shoot anyone, or jump off balconies.
Then the parents Who are careless with edibles, and freak out, taking their kids to the ER.
The media tells the sheeple and They don't take the time to realize it is an irresponsible parent problem, not an Mj problem.

Peace; 1TT

G.O. Joe

Veteran
It's all because of Gupta on CNN getting moms into it. Stoners and by extension their allies have no political credibility.

Hasn't cbd been legal in all 50 states already for awhile now?

That's only what the people selling supposed CBD concentrates - with actual CBD content not quantified, much less guaranteed to have any at all - want you and their investors to believe.

Gry

Hats off to any MD who manages to stand up when big pharma and the dea are telling them to stand down.

iBogart

Veteran
Ya'll can thank Dr. Sanja Gupta for this bullshit CBD seizure stomping, helping the poor defenseless sick little childern media propaganda. I don't buy it. I don't believe it.

This is all about bad hippie, no THC for you.

Charlotte's Web? Well that's SOME PIG!