What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD TO GIVE UP BONGS ?

graham12

Was just wondering if anyone else has had to give up bong hits due to health reasons. I always thought they were the best way of smoking because of the water filtering stuff out. Im gonna stick to joints now i think lol. I never had a problem with bongs till i turned 30, used to love them now it just feels like to much pressure on my lungs.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Was just wondering if anyone else has had to give up bong hits due to health reasons. I always thought they were the best way of smoking because of the water filtering stuff out. Im gonna stick to joints now i think lol. I never had a problem with bongs till i turned 30, used to love them now it just feels like to much pressure on my lungs.

Maybe you have an older bong? With a quality bong, you should have next to no effort pulling a hit through...

Joints are way worst for you. Shit, smoking plant material is bad for you...

I switched to concentrates exclusively...

budlykush

I used bongs for 35 years and suffered the same things you describe. If you want to keep your bong you can. Get a Vripmaster vapor bowl and a hot air heat gun. Vaporize your hits and your lungs will thank you. It may take some time of adjustment but it it a much healthier way to go.

Don't give it up, vaporize. I bought one of the first that Vrip made and if you look at the customer feedback you will see my comment is in the beginning. I signed it GH

jayjayfrank

Veteran
maybe since i am under 30 - but what kind of problems do you get from bong rips?

also... you keep the bong clean right? must if you had it for so long...

i love my bong, just cleaned it a couple mins ago and about to smoke some peyote purple flowers with some bubble on top

looking to switch over to a sublimator adapter kit

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah , i haven't been able to smoke from a bong for years without coughing up a lung on 1 hit . but i'm a cig smoker for the last 35 years , so thats my problem !!! i tried the Epens & concentrates & that was even worse , i puked after the first hit from coughing so hard . i now use a vape at night if i can't handle the bowl or a joint .

yeah it sux & its my own fault because of the cig's for so long , but i'll never give up my weed , even if i have to use the vape to get my buzz .

this is the one i bought , but it had no remote . nice unit !!! nice clean hit & i'm not coughing up a lung when hitting it !!!

http://www.vaporseller.com/arizer-e...chrome.html?___store=default&___store=default

graham12

thanks for the replies. I love glass blowers and really enjoy collecting their work, i use diffusers and percolators and i love hemp wick and herb irons. I went to my doctor and he told me to stop my method of smoking with immediate affect as the smoke is putting massive pressure on my lungs. Uk doctors are very cynical about vapes their not convinced by them and would much prefer it if you wouldn't inhale anything. I cant remember the medical term but apparently im tearing something in my stomach which is causing me to vomit on a regular basis. Its got to be down to my own stupidity lol doing bong hits all day long will eventually be shit for you. Back to vaping maybe with the ssv but i dont find it as satisfying. I never ever had problems smoking a jay, its been since iv been looking for harder heavier more efficent ways of getting high that iv had my problems.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Nobody likes to link out from these pages so here's the URL:
http://www.breathe-ezi.com/

aaff2175_zps8c07018b.jpg

slips into your bongs down tube.......

I was a cigarette smoker for 20 years and a joint and bong smoker for about the same amount of time. About a year ago i found a nicotine vaporizer... changed my life. I havent smoked a cig since... but i was still smoking joints and bongs. It was killing my lungs still. Coughing and hacking.. So my friend showed my how to vape concentrates.. Changed my life again. I don't weeze, i don't cough anymore... Hell before if i laughed to hard i hard to cough at the end of it.

I highly suggest switching to concentrates as krunch suggested.. If you take too big of a hit you will still cough but if you choose your hits accordingly, you'll see an immediate difference in your ability to breathe easier.. hope this helps

graham12

does anyone else think that bongs should be smoked everyday ? or do you think they should be a treat ? like when you get some good hash or something do them once a week or something. I know its pathetic but i love bongs im so angry at myself for not practicing more self control and just doing them every now and again lol.

If you are having issues with bongs, I would look at vaporization rather than joints. I love bongs and glass pieces, and like them even more when I use them as filtration devices on my vaporizer... a big thick vape hit through a nice water filtered glass piece gives you lots of flavor without the harshness.

If you don't want to consider vaporization, look into a carbon filter for your bong. They can be a nice compromise between a straight bong hit and vaporization.

Skip

Veteran
Why not just use vape pens for herbs and concentrates?

I find vape pens are so much safer. You don't need a blow torch or even a lighter!

Some pens will also combust herb or just vaporize it. But choose your pens carefully.

Pens for concentrates are different from e-cigs which take a liquid.

I'll be writing up a couple of articles on Vape Pens and Vaping concentrates in the next edition of ICMag! :)

BTW, I've always hated bongs cause you have to inhale so hard to get the herb to drop thru, and often some of it is unburned, wasting herb.

Why not just use vape pens for herbs and concentrates?

I find vape pens are so much safer. You don't need a blow torch or even a lighter!

Some pens will also combust herb or just vaporize it. But choose your pens carefully.

Pens for concentrates are different from e-cigs which take a liquid.

I'll be writing up a couple of articles on Vape Pens and Vaping concentrates in the next edition of ICMag! :)

BTW, I've always hated bongs cause you have to inhale so hard to get the herb to drop thru, and often some of it is unburned, wasting herb.

I think one thing overlooked with vape pens are the materials in which they were constructed with. When heated are they still safe? China doesn't have the same reg's as the US so you can get away with a lot there. Lead paint, off-gassing from metal alloy's, etc..

Just something to think a about.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
since I've gone to vaporizers silver surfer (SSV), I do not 'taste' much but butane/sulfur and ash when I burn. Joints only and can not hit a glass or any kind of, pipe at all, taste IS everything. no burning, so no tar and or nicotine. it doesn't smell like weed cause yer not burning it.. down side is vapeing is much more apparent and affective when vapeing with med grade ($$$) herb, in a proper vaporizer... not one of those heat it with a butane lighter type.... but hits can be as 'fulfilling' as a bong.

Garhart

I will look real forward to that for a read. Can't help being a bit concerned with what must be out there and what long term outcomes will be. There are no regulations at all on this stuff. Real wild west all over again.

This response was directed to post # 14

Last edited: