What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gotham/Lighthouse/Blackstar LED lights???

These guys have been selling for years on eBay yet I haven't found many reports on performance and longevity. Been wanting to try LED's, hard to decide on a brand. Wondering if they are decent units? Or better to spend the extra $$$ on something seemingly higher end like Lumigrow's which have also been around for some time now? Get what you pay for as the old saying goes??

P

Phychotron

just had a couple of them break. Bout 2-3 years old, probably the power supply but I haven't cracked them open but I'm done buying them. They are not very powerful and I wouldn't recommend them unless you need a cheap light for not very dense production.

I like Advanced LED's diamond series, but just got a Grow Blu Apollo that looks promising.

Phychotron

never used one but everyone seems to be slightly disappointed with it from what I can tell. For the price to light ratio its a bit off I think.

BUT don't listen to me, I've never actually used one, but decided I would not buy one any time soon.

NeWcS

I use a 240w and a 130w(not actual) and they work.

Are there better lights out there? most definitely. I think these lights would be considered 'old technology' as far as LED grow lights go. I would love to upgrade my lights. But the price still seems too high. Prices direct from the manufacture in China are getting pretty good. I tend to think less than $1/watt as being where I want to be when shopping for a new light, new led light.

Ive got the new Blackstar 480W (actual 305W) V2.0 with modular panels and no lenses. Its been doing me well in my 2x4 tent, has good coverage for possibly 3x3 and in my first run with no training and just plain soil I pulled 145g from 2 plants with 3 week veg times. Im pretty happy with it and know that with some dialing in I can double the output easily.