What's new

In Uk absolute best, if money is not an issue,comercial Led grow light for flowering

Toosweet

Ok Im in The Uk have No electrical skills, and am going to buy a commercial Led grow light for flowering,
I see peoples experience and Knowledge on here is very good,so what are all your opinions? with money not being an object the very best unit for a space of 2ft x 2.5 ft ?
Thanks people

Apfel

You should not go with LED.
Those lights are still not in a stadium for growing dope.
All those reports here from the forum are a mass + people lie about their crops or maybe those users are LED-seller in true.

Go for HPS or HCI Lamps.

A very interesting but expensive light is the e papillon 315w HCI. I believe its the most efficient growlamp worldwide with a nice spectrum.
Otherwise standard electronic ballasts for HPS from 250-1000w

Forget about LED, or wait at least another 10 years.

but, if you still want to go with them check Hydrogrowled for example.
best regards

W

willyweed

i would not bother yet either,10 years in the future maybe ,but not now.good luck with the hps

positivity

Veteran
2 x 2.5

Led is a no brainer

Get an advanced xml 150 or ds200, Area 51 sgs 160, or 2 Hans panel and call it a day. My choice, money no object...area 51

Hard to beat big hids but leds kick hids butt in small spaces

Unless you like small ovens, then in that case shoehorn a hid in there. And don't forget a big ventilation fan, extra bulbs, air cooled hood, and a high temp shutoff

The papillon looks dope but probably better suited for a larger area

This forum really needs a what led to buy sticky...

coolbud

puffin' the herb
These guys are false adverting you bro!!!! i bought a chinese 300w panel and i never had my plants looking that gorgeous , i'm currently growing 4 lemon skunk in a 60cm space and i must admit that the hps sucks ass (this coming from a long time hps user)
The internodes of my plants have like 1 cm distance and they are some BEAST PLANTS.
You dont need to believe my sayings but the pictures in this sub-forum prove these hps lamps cant even compete with leds.
Good luck with your grow and never listen to someone that never even used leds.

Toosweet

Thanks for the replies people,
The reason Im going with Led is because I dont want the Heat issues and all the cooling etc in a small space, Im only growing some personal, I have used Hid for years, I just want to keep things simple plug n play, I realise Led has some way to go but I have seen some nice grows on here in small spaces, good enough for what I want thats for sure

Toosweet

These guys are false adverting you bro!!!! i bought a chinese 300w panel and i never had my plants looking that gorgeous , i'm currently growing 4 lemon skunk in a 60cm space and i must admit that the hps sucks ass (this coming from a long time hps user)
The internodes of my plants have like 1 cm distance and they are some BEAST PLANTS.
You dont need to believe my sayings but the pictures in this sub-forum prove these hps lamps cant even compete with leds.
Good luck with your grow and never listen to someone that never even used leds.

Thanks man,
so whats the make of yrs, Im in Uk, seen a few on ebay but realise some are good some are just a heap of junk

coolbud

puffin' the herb
mine has 188 leds from which 32 are blue and the rest are red and far red.works charmingly and whoever says in the year of 2013 that leds don't work need to step their game up and admit they been hassled by the vendors.first when i bought the panel i was skeptical just like many of yall out there because i didnt knew how to use it (LOL) , till i realized that keeping the panel at 30 cm from the canopy is too close i was stuck like 2 weeks with my plants stunted from too many lumens , yeah you heard me !! too many lumens , in the end i managed to learn how to use it and i can't tell you...my plants rock.
i even bought a kill-a-watt meter because i thought i got hassled too but when i pluged it in to the meter in saw 300 W i knew i had what i needed.

R

rbt

I am using a California Light Works 200W in a 2'x2' tent. But it is the only thing I have grown with, so I cant compare to anything else. I am more than please with the results, I do have a heat issue though with the 5watt LED's I have to bring in AC air 4" I let the 4" Active Air fan pull through a 12" Phreash filter. in order to keep it below 84 deg. with room temp @ 76.

Toosweet

mine has 188 leds from which 32 are blue and the rest are red and far red.works charmingly and whoever says in the year of 2013 that leds don't work need to step their game up and admit they been hassled by the vendors.first when i bought the panel i was skeptical just like many of yall out there because i didnt knew how to use it (LOL) , till i realized that keeping the panel at 30 cm from the canopy is too close i was stuck like 2 weeks with my plants stunted from too many lumens , yeah you heard me !! too many lumens , in the end i managed to learn how to use it and i can't tell you...my plants rock.
i even bought a kill-a-watt meter because i thought i got hassled too but when i pluged it in to the meter in saw 300 W i knew i had what i needed.

Great what is the Make of yr Led set up?? and Can I get it in uk,
cheers

Apfel

@ Tosweet.
LED is wasting alot of money.

If you want less heat, go with less watt.
Best small lights are:

150w HCI
150w HPS
110w PLL (2x55w)
100w HCI
70w HCI
70w HPS
72w PLL
50w HCI
35w HCI
36w PLL

Im growing by myself with 2x55w PLL for years already.
These lights are very cheap (50-80€)) and longlife + you can get them everywhere.
my crop is between 60 and 100gram and i use an papst axial ventilator with 180cm³/h.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=239800&stc=1&d=1381271948

you need more crop ?
add more of those lamps. :blowbubbles:

Attachments

• pll.jpg
    pll.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for the replies people,
The reason Im going with Led is because I dont want the Heat issues and all the cooling etc in a small space, Im only growing some personal, I have used Hid for years, I just want to keep things simple plug n play, I realise Led has some way to go but I have seen some nice grows on here in small spaces, good enough for what I want thats for sure

As a former LED grower I can attest to the fact that LED sucks for buds---especially any buds below the tops of the top colas.

LED works GREAT for vegging, but buds, no matter how bad-ass they look whilst growing, end up wispy & fluffy when dried.

Vertical CFL works nicely. Not too hot. Can easily use 15 watt fan if needed (in the depth of summer). The buds are dense from top to bottom.

Mine was only a small grow and in the experimental stage.
They were 125 watt CFLs.

Toosweet

Thanks for all the replys, but..
can anyone just give me a straight answer to.. In UK
What would be the best ready made LED, if money wasn't an issue, and where can I buy one?

NeWcS

Can you please post a link to your LED grow so that we may compare it to the grow you linked?

@ Tosweet.
LED is wasting alot of money.

If you want less heat, go with less watt.
Best small lights are:

150w HCI
150w HPS
110w PLL (2x55w)
100w HCI
70w HCI
70w HPS
72w PLL
50w HCI
35w HCI
36w PLL

Im growing by myself with 2x55w PLL for years already.
These lights are very cheap (50-80€)) and longlife + you can get them everywhere.
my crop is between 60 and 100gram and i use an papst axial ventilator with 180cm³/h.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=239800&stc=1&d=1381271948

you need more crop ?
add more of those lamps. :blowbubbles:

NeWcS

Its my understanding that the newer technology is using COB (Chip on board) If you do a search I would search for 'COB led grow'. I don't know much about this technology but just from reading on here and other places on the web it seems COB led's are the route to go. Look on ebay, amazon, aliexpress. Besides that you want to make sure the spectrum's are correct.

Thanks for all the replys, but..
can anyone just give me a straight answer to.. In UK
What would be the best ready made LED, if money wasn't an issue, and where can I buy one?

W

willyweed

type( led growlights) on e bay and then change the order you look at them to highest price first (biggest sucker) the black dog xl-u costs £1170.96 seems to tick all of your boxes

Toosweet

Its my understanding that the newer technology is using COB (Chip on board) If you do a search I would search for 'COB led grow'. I don't know much about this technology but just from reading on here and other places on the web it seems COB led's are the route to go. Look on ebay, amazon, aliexpress. Besides that you want to make sure the spectrum's are correct.

Thanks for that mate, I wondered what Cob actually meant, some of the them look like the ones I have seen here one add even said they can put your own logo on the light, the plot thickens I can see why there are so many unhappy that have used Led's,
of course when I said if price wasn't an issue, it was to try to weedle out the crap ripoffs etc.,I see the debates on here about the different spectrums of light, I realise I could just go get a good 250 hid for the small space I have, but I really want to try to do away with a ballast and heat blasting at the plants n fans cooling the lamp, I just want to make it nice n simple plug n play, small scrubber for smell, Just for a bit of personal meds.:tiphat:

J

jaded1

Of the british made(or at least distributed from over here)units i've tried,the vipar led unit's are the best for flowering and the prakasa units better for vegging.Saying that both work fine for either but the prakasa will take longer to finish when used in flower.

1 thing about using led's,especially now it's getting colder is keeping the temps up.Ends up costing you a fortune that you wouldn't be spending if you just had a hps.

coolbud

puffin' the herb
this became a led vs hps kinda thread , so many people got some many opinions.i'm just curious how many actually tried real led panels.
heres the thing guys , Toosweet asked for the best LED , i'm saying it again LED panel in the uk's , he didnt ask for the best hps or whatever.
These kinda threads always turn out like those vegetarian talks that your friends come and try to convince you that meat is not good for you , even if they ate 20 years str8 only meat , now they've became some gurus of food. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts