What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC Brains?

jessethestoner

i recently learned of this guy and his work, literally as i make this thread. theres a few grows ive seen that were very nice, and he's completely new to me. he seems to have been around a few years breeder but the amount of breeders out there who have people raving positively about them was quite nice, considering the way the number of them has octopled in size over the last few years. and i'm interested and would love to get some background.

i was hoping some of the people who knew about his stuff could share some info about this guy and tell me a little about him and what their personal history is and what they've heard good, bad, neutral. or give me some good links etc.

thanks in advance

WelderDan

Veteran
He's been around for a while. It seems people either love him or not. Most of his stuff is bred for outdoors. I've seen lots of varied reports, some glowing, some not. He does have a pretty good following and his Mikado was known for being a big producer of quality disease resistant, tasty herb. Leda Uno was another popular strain. His prices are good, so it's not like you're out a ton of dough if you're not happy with the results.

purple_man

Veteran
if it were me, id rather trust a guy who has been activly growing and breeding since the 80s then some new age "breeders"/pollen chuckers.... good luck

blessss
ps.: welderdan is right, most of his breeding is done towards outdoor growing and high pest n dissease resistance :)

OLDproLg

Veteran
Yah right^^

thought so,but KC does have some good stuff cheap!
Leda Uno.....lemon/greasyhaze plants with VIGOUR..
MANGO i had one that was exactly like a fresh cut mango!!!
and i love it when a breeder names his stuff on the flavors..
Not shure he even has the mango now,the new list shows a cross?
interesting mango brazil huge plant that has the mother in it!!
CHeck some seed sites for pics..info.

I ran K 36 outside in 09. It did very good can take abuse and drought. Nice outdoor strain, does produce large if good soil and water. Still have seeds i made of K 36 in storage plus a cross i have been working since.

MJBadger

Veteran
Maybe his strains are now stable but i remember a few yr ago there was irregular lines & thats why some people (i think) were not impressed .
Only way to find out is try some but as has been said expect big outdoor . I grew Bahalia Black Head & it was one hell of a hashy plant & stunk , i also had a couple of others of his but had a bad intrusion onto my property due to the smell so the plants had to come down while security was increased .

jessethestoner

That's to bad i live in a terrible outdoor grow situation. I'm at 53ºn and can only really grow autos or super light sensitive plants.

Keep the anecdotes coming everyone

G

GoodyTwoShoes

His are the best seeds for the price going around.
His twenty dollar packs are better quality than a lot of 150 dollar packs from other breeders.
I'm going to try and email him and ask him about his northern lights, I think they used to be called Original Northern Lights and are now called Northern Lights Special, because something was added to them.

B

BasementGrower

i stay away from kc brains gear.. as ive run them.. and so have people i know.. and all strains out of the like 5 we tried hermied. indoor and outdoor... and in a few diff environments also.. so it wasnt a fluke thing.. if ur goin to buy cheap seeds.. get on seedbay. and buy there.. ull get better genetics.

tosh.o

a KC 33 clone passes around in my area but its over 10yrs old atleast, i tried some of the new stuff and had plants outside that just never began to flower (Spontanica, Mindbender, NL Special)

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ran a pack of KC-33's I got from M.Emery back in the late 90's .... did throw a few nanners.

BM

jessethestoner

Leda Uno grown from seed in my greenhouse under the Southern California sun :plant grow:

A great plant worth having in any garden :thank you:

gorgeous. just perfect, very nice for the first pic of this thread.

so it seems there might be a few nanners, but the potency is what i'm really after, i don't care if it self pollinates near the end as long as the smokes good. i know some might think that's crazy. (i'd never breed or pollen chuck with it though, if it did herm) but i don't mind seeds

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Does KC have a mullet?

image036.jpg

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought that he was bald? Must be an older pic. Looks like him I think?

Some flowers self pollinate if they are grown too long.

R.Fortune