What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Pirates Cave" (and a Perpetual Sea Of Green)

UncleBuck

dam thats an impressive set up ya have there pirate... very well thought out... & I'm all about the pirate love... fyi :)

I see an organized feller with pride and integrity.. JackTheReefer, you are right about this man (Pirate), makin' another grower think,.... He sure got me thinkin' and grabbed my attention...

Good Job! i will be watching and learning from you Pirate....

{Peace}~~~~~~~~~~~B~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:yoinks:

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Wow.......You guys (that includes girls when I say it) got me blushing. Really appreciate the love we got going on. Thanks.

You could say that I am anal about stuff. Drives my Wench crazy.

obZen ....Any pics of the sink area, records, etc. ?

Very interested on how you keep this ship in order.

Keep up the good work, Cap'n Crunch got nothing on you.
Good question.

Here is your answer.

Lets go back to the entrance of "The Cave". Your standing in the doorway looking at the mothers. Step down one step and walk across to the door into the veg room and turn around.

Looking into the mother room:

picture.php

Walk to the far left corner and turn around: Door is closed.

picture.php

Look to the left and you see a cabinet (the front drops down / makes a shelf that I clone on) stores misc mumbo jumbo, an electrical rats nest(I'm building a relay box to handle this), a medical certification notice (to keep it legal)(cropped out), my ladder and a very important item...... A CALANDER.

picture.php

Up Close and personal A valuable tool for the perpetual farmer. You always have to know what to do and when to keep the ball rolling smooth.

picture.php

Look Back towards the doorway and you see the sink, cabinets, storage drawers etc.. I plumbed the sink from the front area of the workshop (which is really an outbuilding about 120 feet from the main house). I tapped from an existing washer / dryer area. Under the sink is a water hose and a manifold with attachments for up to 4 more hoses. Why the manifold? Hell..........just because I wanted it. The trash can under the sink is for cuttings, dead leaf and organic materials only. I have another trash bag that takes all other trash (for the trash man). The white plastic board stuck between the wall and the drawers is a sink cover I use when I clone. It doubles my counter space.

picture.php

picture.php

Record Keeping?
Yeah, I consider this very important. Ya gotta know what you did when something goes wrong. you need to be able to look back and see what worked and what didn't. What strains produce...OVERALL.....not just a one time shot. What nutes or additive did you use and how did the plants react what was the temperatures or humidity and how did that effect the plants. ETC. You get the picture. If you ever studied history and scientist or inventors, they kept and keep meticulous notes. Edison had thousands of note books. He build thousands of bulbs before he finally found the one that worked. We need to apply the same principles to our hobby, trade, or whatever you want to call it. I consider my Cave a Laboratory where I conduct experiments.

With that said, here is my Clone To Harvest Data Binder

Front cover. Ignore the OLD feeding schedule on the cover.(it does work well if ya want it) But I now use the Lucas Formula with amazing results and would highly suggest it to anyone. This is a small 5 x 8 index card type 3 ring binder. $1.00 at a thrift shop. (Pirate is thrifty)

picture.php

Back Cover. This was important BEFORE I went with Lucas because the nutes I fed depended on the week the plant was in. With Lucas.........It matters not. Its so easy..........A cave man could do it.

picture.php

Opening the binder you will see TABS. Each tab corresponds to a Table either in bloom or veg. If I am working on a specific table I just open to that tab and BAM........all my previous data is there in all its glory.

picture.php

This is page taken from the Binder. I use 5 x 8 index cards found at any office supply store and the card was created in "MS WORD". This is an old style card. I'll show you my new BLANK style in a bit.
This is the FRONT of the card:

picture.php

Here is the Back of the same card

picture.php

OK. I was never happy with my data cards because they got confusing with pants in different stages of growth. I finally came up with one I like a lot better. This single card will cover the entire plant from CUTTING to HARVEST and then record the harvest data as well. If ya like it..........FEEL FREE TO USE IT !! (like I could stop ya anyway) :smile: When I cut the clones I record the info in the clone section. After they root, I transfer the card to the pre-flower section of the binder and record data. Then move the card to bloom room section of binder till harvest. (You get it) One card from CLONE to HARVEST) I assume the card lines need no explanation except for maybe the clone section. I label a batch of clones on the date they are cut and that # follows them right through to harvest. Example: Strain ID would be: Speed Queen = SQ1 (if I had, say, 4 speed queens) Batch #= 12-31. That batch # tells me that these were cut on Dec 31st. (I don't track the year) The batch #s come in handy when I am 90 days down the road and close to harvest. It just keeps things simple for me. It also is handy for my computer. I track my perpetual schedule on my computer in OUTLOOK CALANDER. I cannot show screen shot of that for security reasons) But the batch #s are key for tracking the perpetual schedule and what table its going on and when.

Oh yeah. I do not record data every day in clone. Only 1 time per week in Pre-Flower and 2 Times per week in Bloom. You could always print the sheet onto a normal 8 x 11 sheet and increase the data lines.

Here is the new style card: FRONT The small square box at the right side of the NOTES section is where I would place a CHECK MARK or X when I record extended notes to the back of the card. An example of a NOTE I might leave on the front would be: Top Off.......or.........Flushing.

picture.php

And back of SAME card: The top 4 lines are the last 2 weeks of bloom. (2 data points per week)

picture.php

When I am checking my Rezes and changing or toping off I carry this around with me. Its Consolidated and holds everything one needs it get it done.

picture.php

HEY............You asked !!!!:yoinks:

Last edited:

Pirate

Veteran
I got a new toy today. This sucker has removed 3 gallons of water from my bloom room within 7 hours. And to top it off..........Its RO water. I'll use it for seedlings and stuff like that.

Tomorrow I'm gonna make room and maybe build a shelf to put it on. I had to get it in there fast because my humidity was climbing up to 75%. Withing 3 hours it was down to 53%. I should have got one of these a long time ago.

picture.php

picture.php

sin-seed

Damn! The more I see, the more I wish. I really wish I had a faucet and a drain close to my growroom. Very nice!

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Wow.......You guys (that includes girls when I say it) got me blushing. Really appreciate the love we got going on. Thanks.

Damn! The more I see, the more I wish. I really wish I had a faucet and a drain close to my growroom. Very nice!

Damn you guys, you just broke the ICMAG Smutometer..... :laughing:

Really nice grow Pirate, plenty of Aye Aye Me Hearties with a touch of Ho HO HO

Keeping records is a top move, great for a growroom, not to mention all those "Treasure maps" you have kept people busy with over the years.

Why are Pirates called Pirates ?

Because they Arrrr ;-)

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
I see an organized feller with pride and integrity.. JackTheReefer, you are right about this man (Pirate), makin' another grower think,.... He sure got me thinkin' and grabbed my attention...

Good Job! i will be watching and learning from you Pirate....

{Peace}~~~~~~~~~~~B~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:yoinks:

thanks budd !!!!

thanks for dropping by my shop there pirate

hey sorry for the gratuitous pirate joke hour but i must

A pirate walks into a bar, hes got a ships steering wheel hanging from his crotch >>>the bar tender says hey your dragging a wheel there man , to which the pirate replies " Arrr yes ,,,,,,its driving me nuts"

Last edited:

wavedash

A pirate walks into a bar, hes got a ships steering wheel hanging from his crotch >>>the bar tender says hey your dragging a wheel there man , to which the pirate replies " Arrr yes ,,,,,,its driving me nuts"

lmfao

wow pirate.. with these kind of skills and organization, id love to invest in you because you should be running a fucking multi million grow op if you aren't somewhere already :D I can tell already how many people you are going to inspire from this thread its in instant fuckin classic. Keep the updates rollin' brother! oh and btw i do have a question please tell me you smoke all this beautiful herb your growing

G

greenhornets

hey pirate can you tell me about your DIY Aeromist type system. how you made it .

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
those shedual/loging cards

those shedual/loging cards

Good question.

Here is your answer.

Lets go back to the entrance of "The Cave". Your standing in the doorway looking at the mothers. Step down one step and walk across to the door into the veg room and turn around.

Looking into the mother room:

picture.php

Walk to the far left corner and turn around: Door is closed.

picture.php

Look to the left and you see a cabinet (the front drops down / makes a shelf that I clone on) stores misc mumbo jumbo, an electrical rats nest(I'm building a relay box to handle this), a medical certification notice (to keep it legal)(cropped out), my ladder and a very important item...... A CALANDER.

picture.php

Up Close and personal A valuable tool for the perpetual farmer. You always have to know what to do and when to keep the ball rolling smooth.

picture.php

Look Back towards the doorway and you see the sink, cabinets, storage drawers etc.. I plumbed the sink from the front area of the workshop (which is really an outbuilding about 120 feet from the main house). I tapped from an existing washer / dryer area. Under the sink is a water hose and a manifold with attachments for up to 4 more hoses. Why the manifold? Hell..........just because I wanted it. The trash can under the sink is for cuttings, dead leaf and organic materials only. I have another trash bag that takes all other trash (for the trash man). The white plastic board stuck between the wall and the drawers is a sink cover I use when I clone. It doubles my counter space.

picture.php

picture.php

Record Keeping?
Yeah, I consider this very important. Ya gotta know what you did when something goes wrong. you need to be able to look back and see what worked and what didn't. What strains produce...OVERALL.....not just a one time shot. What nutes or additive did you use and how did the plants react what was the temperatures or humidity and how did that effect the plants. ETC. You get the picture. If you ever studied history and scientist or inventors, they kept and keep meticulous notes. Edison had thousands of note books. He build thousands of bulbs before he finally found the one that worked. We need to apply the same principles to our hobby, trade, or whatever you want to call it. I consider my Cave a Laboratory where I conduct experiments.

With that said, here is my Clone To Harvest Data Binder

Front cover. Ignore the OLD feeding schedule on the cover.(it does work well if ya want it) But I now use the Lucas Formula with amazing results and would highly suggest it to anyone. This is a small 5 x 8 index card type 3 ring binder. $1.00 at a thrift shop. (Pirate is thrifty)

picture.php

Back Cover. This was important BEFORE I went with Lucas because the nutes I fed depended on the week the plant was in. With Lucas.........It matters not. Its so easy..........A cave man could do it.

picture.php

Opening the binder you will see TABS. Each tab corresponds to a Table either in bloom or veg. If I am working on a specific table I just open to that tab and BAM........all my previous data is there in all its glory.

picture.php

This is page taken from the Binder. I use 5 x 8 index cards found at any office supply store and the card was created in "MS WORD". This is an old style card. I'll show you my new BLANK style in a bit.
This is the FRONT of the card:

picture.php

Here is the Back of the same card

picture.php

OK. I was never happy with my data cards because they got confusing with pants in different stages of growth. I finally came up with one I like a lot better. This single card will cover the entire plant from CUTTING to HARVEST and then record the harvest data as well. If ya like it..........FEEL FREE TO USE IT !! (like I could stop ya anyway) :smile: When I cut the clones I record the info in the clone section. After they root, I transfer the card to the pre-flower section of the binder and record data. Then move the card to bloom room section of binder till harvest. (You get it) One card from CLONE to HARVEST) I assume the card lines need no explanation except for maybe the clone section. I label a batch of clones on the date they are cut and that # follows them right through to harvest. Example: Strain ID would be: Speed Queen = SQ1 (if I had, say, 4 speed queens) Batch #= 12-31. That batch # tells me that these were cut on Dec 31st. (I don't track the year) The batch #s come in handy when I am 90 days down the road and close to harvest. It just keeps things simple for me. It also is handy for my computer. I track my perpetual schedule on my computer in OUTLOOK CALANDER. I cannot show screen shot of that for security reasons) But the batch #s are key for tracking the perpetual schedule and what table its going on and when.

Oh yeah. I do not record data every day in clone. Only 1 time per week in Pre-Flower and 2 Times per week in Bloom. You could always print the sheet onto a normal 8 x 11 sheet and increase the data lines.

Here is the new style card: FRONT The small square box at the right side of the NOTES section is where I would place a CHECK MARK or X when I record extended notes to the back of the card. An example of a NOTE I might leave on the front would be: Top Off.......or.........Flushing.

picture.php

And back of SAME card: The top 4 lines are the last 2 weeks of bloom. (2 data points per week)

picture.php

When I am checking my Rezes and changing or toping off I carry this around with me. Its Consolidated and holds everything one needs it get it done.

picture.php

HEY............You asked !!!!:yoinks:

those cards are awesome,how do i get my hands on some?

Pirate

Veteran
Holy Shit !!...........You quoted the whole thing. I kept thinking I was getting a double page because this quote was so large.

Anyway, I built the card in MS Word. You'll need to save the photo and then make the card yourself using this as a template for ideas. Taylor it to fit your needs.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Wow only in my dreams could i imagine having a grow like this, this is serious stuff.

Explain your nutes and medium alittle better please. I am using coco+hydroclay and i want to switch to something else. I am also using the Lucas Formula GH.

Pirate

Veteran
lmfao

wow pirate.. with these kind of skills and organization, id love to invest in you because you should be running a fucking multi million grow op if you aren't somewhere already
I will PM you an account # where you can DEPOSIT YOUR INVESTMENT.:yes:
And thank you for the compliment.

greenhornets hey pirate can you tell me about your DIY Aeromist type system. how you made it .
I have several versions. I will post the one I use the most. In fact, all my tables except for one use that version. My newest version is by far the best but it is also the most expensive to build. It is the best producer though. Do you want to see the Dingy or the Yacht? Better yet, You tell me the size of space it would go in and I'll know which one to post.

I don't buy nothin I can build myself. And I can build almost anything that will be cheaper and better than a pre-manufactured one

G

greenhornets

pirate ,1 yacht and 1 dingy to go please. 4x4 / 3x2 table .

How did ya get that patch ,it wasnt from scratching ya eye with that hook was it ??
THANKS , ya old seadog .things are looking ship shape !