What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question about cbd for anxiety

mayorofthdesert

i've been gifted some cbd oil, unsure if it has any thc or not but i've always got some in my system anyhow. i've tried it 3 times during spells of anxiety/panic attacks & it did seem to help. question is this: is it possible that an after effect once it wears off is hieghtened anxiety? like if i drink alcohol, which works wonders in the short term but puts my anxiety through the roof the next day? because each day after trying it i did have bad anxiety, but thats more the norm than the exception for me anyhow. my own inclination is to think its cooincidence, not due to the previous days dosing.

cbd is brand new to me so if anyone has actual experience using it long term for anxiety/panic/ptsd i'd love to hear your thoughts.

clearheaded

Nope thats pretty standard for anything thwt works on anxiety. Ideally need least dose possible... need to try and find cause. medatate get 30min of excersise drink plenty of water.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
CBD works best when used regularly (daily) and with a little THC. The food and exercise clearheaded mentioned is even more important. ;)

L

Livelyup

Hey mayor, I've had fantastic anxiety alleviation over the past five months by adding CBD to my tinctures and growing CBD strains that i usually mix with a higher THC strain.

What I discovered is that once the CBD built up in my ECS, the anxiety reduction has been steady. I think it's synergy of THC and the terpenes as well, though--not just the CBD.

T

Teddybrae

Nope thats pretty standard for anything thwt works on anxiety. Ideally need least dose possible... need to try and find cause. medatate get 30min of excersise drink plenty of water.

This is true!!! Don't rely on yr medication ... it needs to be an adjunct to what you do for your self. For your Self!!!

Stop trying to put your depression outside yourself. Own it!

DsourDog

I’m in the same boat and as others said use a good CBD mix to thc from a good Indica I like to make oil from a high cbd x Indica with more thc then cbd then ya get a little of both but I also use it for pain so that maybe why it’s so useful to me but Loran made a strain I’ve always stand by for my go to strain that’s all around perfect for ptsd/pain /anxiety which is Called honu , HMU I’d ya have any questions

watts

ohms
Veteran
I hear that you build tolerance quickly to CBD oil. Is this true? Do you take the same amount daily or keep increasing it?

Riyad Brown

CBD oil is becoming is one of the most popular ways of treating various physical and mental disorders. Let me share my story. I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety for a long time. I tried different medications but none of them worked. Then a friend of mine suggested the CBD oil. I was not so assured about it but my friend said he got a positive result from this product.

Then I started acknowledging myself better about CBD Oil. I checked various blogs and research papers on the product. They claimed that the product works but none of them provide a 100% guarantee. Then I checked FDA regulations about the product. According to the FDA, CBD oil is legit and usable.

I finally give a try and guess what, I became astonished by the result. Since then, I am using CBD oil keeping my level low. I also tried it for pain and got nice result.

Last edited by a moderator:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I hear that you build tolerance quickly to CBD oil. Is this true? Do you take the same amount daily or keep increasing it?
So far I haven't noticed any increase in tolerance. I've noticed when I use too much, since my emotional state goes a little flatline. heh

What I've noticed in people's reports of 'building a tolerance' to CBD is they're using strains with THC. It's the THC they're building a tolerance to, since CBD actually works over time and has long term indicators it's being effective. Most people have zero awareness of the long term effects of CBD, and as a consequence they're still chasing the high/stone as an indicator for 'properly medicated.' Been there, did that. :)

When you come across someone who's using a steady supply of the same CBD every day, and they point out their relief is beginning to fade, this is when I'd pay attention to tolerance build up as a possibility. (sorry, terribly runon sentence there)
:tiphat:

St. Phatty

Every time I walk into a CBD store the pricing is ridiculous.

$80 for this little bottle.

What is a reasonable price ?

If you have marijuana plants drying, what parts have the CBD - is it in the leaves ?

CBD is found in the hemp plant. To extract the cbd everything is used like the stalk, leaves, and flowers. The seeds do not contain any cbd. There is a process to extract the goodness out. I’m not a pro still learning myself! I have bought from a friend who makes the cbd oil for 50 bucks for 1,500 mg of cbd for my mother with breast cancer. He was out of his 3,000 mg he quoted me 100 bucks. He said that would cost me over 250 bucks at the stores but I could make it for way less than what he was charging me by buying what looks like cbd flakes from his buddy and then buying full spectrum coconut oil or virgin olive oil. It is illegal to make your own, of course! Unless you have the FDA barcode :biglaugh:
Every time I walk into a CBD store the pricing is ridiculous.

$80 for this little bottle.

What is a reasonable price ?

If you have marijuana plants drying, what parts have the CBD - is it in the leaves ?