What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenleaf Megacrop

Goats

I Love it as is. I'm currently running it in Hydro, Stable as hell!! If your having Dust Problems, Your Playing around with it to Much, Just scoop Slow, Keep it away from your fans when mixing. I keep my big stored in one of those 3.5 gal buckets with a Gamma Seal Lid. I roll the big bag around to mix it, Then put the bag in the bucket, Cut the top off the bag. Screw on the lid. When I mix up a 30 gallon batch, I fill a 1 gallon milk jug 3/4 with warm water. Weigh it out. Put a large mouth funnel in the jug. And slowly add the mega crop. Rinse off the scoop and funnel, Shake the jug and add to my Res. :tiphat:

i mix mine in a similar way. when filling the 40g res i mix the nutrients in a 5g bucket with about 2.5 gallons if water in it, including one boiling kettle of water to help dissolve everything. then it gets dumped into the res and mixed. the hot water makes the smell even worse, but it's not so bad.

Enjoying the MC 2.0.

Also received new sack of Sweet Candy and noticed the formula has changed to...
0-0-16
5.5% Mag
13% Sulfer

With the mag and sulfer....seems like it could replace epsom if/when needed?

What is the approx. ppm breakdown per gram of the new Sweet Candy?

Thanks.

SeymourGreen420

Hello everyone. I received my 350 gram sample bag and I am using it according to the directions on the bag for early veg growth. I'm in coco and running an amnesia × og from RQ seeds. I'm experiencing what looks like nitrogen toxicity on 3 week old plants that were started from seed. Anyone experience this? Should I maybe go half dose for now and see how that goes? Appreciate any help or info.

Ahh damnit I missed the megacrop2 sample code, wanted to try out the new formula...Oh well I still have a bunch of calmag and the old stuff.

JJ Lowe

Use it!

Use it!

This MC has made me rethink the whole nutrient deal.
Last 3 runs I’ve ran nothing but mc on dosatron with RO H2O @ 800_900ppm start to Finnish with a 10 day flush. Nothing else, zilch, nada, no bennies, calmag, sweetener, enzymes, teas, nothing..
best looking plants ever.. crazy.. same for veg...

When will the megacrop 2500gr become available for shipping from canada? It appears to be soldout.

hey @Greenleafnutrients are you going to be restocking the canadian supplier? i noticed some options are sold out currently :biggrin:

i have friends waiting to order 2500g bags :tiphat:
hi, yes the restocking order just left California, heading up to the great North now on truck. Should be ready for purchase around March 20. Thanks for asking!

Enjoying the MC 2.0.

Also received new sack of Sweet Candy and noticed the formula has changed to...
0-0-16
5.5% Mag
13% Sulfer

With the mag and sulfer....seems like it could replace epsom if/when needed?

What is the approx. ppm breakdown per gram of the new Sweet Candy?

Thanks.
HI, yes it can definitely be used to boost Magnesium quite a bit and replace epsom, its also unofficially organic (would qualify but not registered because paperwork hassle).
I don't have really ppm breakdowns now for it besides the official website calculator, but this was still a work in progress, we would like to get more exact numbers in the future
https://greenleafnutrients.com/supplements-feeding-calculator/

Hello everyone. I received my 350 gram sample bag and I am using it according to the directions on the bag for early veg growth. I'm in coco and running an amnesia × og from RQ seeds. I'm experiencing what looks like nitrogen toxicity on 3 week old plants that were started from seed. Anyone experience this? Should I maybe go half dose for now and see how that goes? Appreciate any help or info.
yeah, just lower the dose with any sign of overdosing. Once they get bigger they can handle more nutrients easier.

Ahh damnit I missed the megacrop2 sample code, wanted to try out the new formula...Oh well I still have a bunch of calmag and the old stuff.
We have the 300g free sample available on our website still, even if you used the same free coupon for the previous Mega Crop, we reset the coupon in Dec so you can use it again.
:tiphat:

JJ Lowe

Would be interesting if you guys could produce run injector safe one part minus the kelp and shit that clogs blumats

I run mc on a single dosatron feeding 10gph octobubblers with zero issues. Last 2 runs was nothing but mc at around 900ppm and a 10 day flush. I break everything down every other run for a good cleaning.

I run mc on a single dosatron feeding 10gph octobubblers with zero issues. Last 2 runs was nothing but mc at around 900ppm and a 10 day flush. I break everything down every other run for a good cleaning.
What's your opinion so far on mc? I'm half way through flower with my first run of mc. In veg it was awesome and in the beginning of flower. So far it's been great but I noticed a couple of my strains are having slower bud development than I usually get.

J-Icky

So I’ve been using MC for a couple runs now, old formula. But on this most recent run I want to try adding in some MKP as a bloom booster, I’m just not exactly sure how to go about it.
Should I just add it to the regular strength mix of MC or should I lower the amount of MC to accommodate the MKP? Does anyone else here also use a bloom booster and if so how do you go about adding it in?

How are people liking in flower? This is my first full run using MC and in veg it has been incredible. However during flower I notice a couple strains haven't been developing like they used to when I was running other nutes. The bud are looking more airy and not filling out like they did previously. I'm still on day 31 so there is still some time for them to fill out but they used to be thicker at the same time.

So I’ve been using MC for a couple runs now, old formula. But on this most recent run I want to try adding in some MKP as a bloom booster, I’m just not exactly sure how to go about it.
Should I just add it to the regular strength mix of MC or should I lower the amount of MC to accommodate the MKP? Does anyone else here also use a bloom booster and if so how do you go about adding it in?

I'm interested in the exact same information J thanks for asking. Any MPK users around?

I used it for a few runs, didn’t notice any difference. I’ve been rocking just The MC VEG-flower at around 900ppm past few runs and had great results.

That's with the new formula, yeah? I still have a whole lot of the old stuff I need to use, was going to use the MPK with that.

beta

Veteran
I've done side by side trials with bloom boosters and in my experience they never help. Snake oil. Feed your plant a well balanced diet and it'll take what it needs.

Goats

has anyone used megacrop in a drip system? any issues with clogging? it'll be dtw, so there shouldn't be anything getting into the reservoir except the nutrients.

topcolas

Depends on your water. Hardwater might get clogged over time. I use tap water around 370ppm and haven't clogged up thr lines yet, but I can see on the table like residue from mecacrop and hard water so I know it will clogg over time. and Megacrop has seaweed in it and that might also clog up the lines as well. Lateral flush valve would help clear lines.

Dogen

has anyone used megacrop in a drip system? any issues with clogging? it'll be dtw, so there shouldn't be anything getting into the reservoir except the nutrients.

I've tried it, and wouldn't recommend it if you have alternatives. The stuff produces a lot of sludge all by itself, and will eventually clog drippers. Flood and drain might be a better option. I've never seen a res of this stuff *not* have sludge after three or four days.

Last edited: