What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fingers crossed for prop 205 in AZ

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
I see we have a new prop being starting in az. More of a medical bent. Reduce the app. Fee from 150 to 10 $s, allow home grow to within 1 mile of a dispensary (currently 25 mi.),introduce some more qualifiers such as insomnia and fibromialgia. They will need around 150,000 sigs by 2018.

paper thorn

Veteran
205 was not the best bill but not as bad as some on our side thought.
I hear, there will only be 147 retail stores allowed, and only mmj dispensaries are guaranteed to get them.
True, but - even if all the disp. reorganized under 205 that would still leave about 50 available. Of course they would be super competitive to get one of them. Money might win, right?

Bu for all the other types of marijuana establishments, there were no limits. except local hassles.
But I could have applied for the lowest tier Cultivation Establishment license for 12500. 7500 for the license fee and 5000 for the app fee.
You could work up to the 4th tier by selling product and being successful.
There were Product Manufacturer licenses, for solvent extractions and edibles etc,
Distribution Center Licenses, and Testing Center licenses.
Anyone with some business sense and a good plan could have gotten in on it.

Luck? of course luck doesn't really have any thing to do with it. The people who write these laws are lawyers. I'm just afraid instead of trying to get the antis to not be against it as much, they'll make it into a pill and patch law.
A law that only allowed homegrows? but what about folks who can not grow? who do not know anyone who grows who will give them weed? cause we know they won't allow peer to peer sales.

maybe i'm just irritated because finally there was a way for a regular guy like me to get into this new industry and grow legally and now that's up in smoke for ? maybe forever.

paper thorn

Veteran
The 215K early ballots that were turned in at the polling places on election day are a different story though. Most of these kind of ballots are from a demographic that will heavily favor YES (urban minorities and young people)...

Nah, early ballots, mail in or drop off are more rural and right leaning. (well, maricopa county early ballots may be an exception, since maricopa county is mostly city.)The types who actually get involved. Many Trump voters and many yes voters. All the Trump voters i know and met, ok almost all, were also yes on 205 voters. i know, i asked.

The provisional ballots are similar. These are ballots from people where there is some irregularity, like they don't have the correct ID or they are not on the roster of the polling location. This demo is mainly comprised of disadvantaged people, minorities,(thank ya massa, we's too dumb to carry ID) and young people, (and I guess young people are just too stupid. ok i mean they just don't know they need to carry a lDL license with them) in other words, YES voters....

irregularities like no id, either dumbasses or voter fraud types. lots of that going on on the Dem side these days.

I absolutely got turned away without proper id in the primary, had to go get it. no provisional ballot offered to me. provisional ballots should be illegal unless you're on the voter rolls in another precinct maybe. but no id or not on the rolls, no way. asking for fraud.

keep up the myth, the msm or npr said so.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Maybe time to start a new thread. 2018.
Safer says they will be back.
And as I said earlier,the med folks want to get one on the ballot.
Two years will roll by,maybe we'll get a more equitable bill to vote on.
Peace out.

Ralp

dodged

dodged

Here is the first test of the so called legalization in CA for home growing. While in the article Indian Wells is in Palm Desert the new higher end Palm Springs.

http://www.cvindependent.com/index....mlist/tag/indian wells marijuana growing laws

The City Atty and other municipalities with endless budgets across the state are building a consortium. Indian Wells has now given the rule with little possibility of a public contest.

With a retirement average income that exceeds $500,000.00 and square footage of home is 3000+. If these guys consume why would they grow they buy it by the pound and this keeps out the rif-raff. So if they did grow what is the chance of a follow up they would have a service doing it for them as a novelty. As well as to show how easy it is to conform to safety and protections of the children.

Arizona dodged a bullet with the failure to 205. If for no other reason it gutted the medical which is the protection that Arizona now enjoys. While MMj is still federally illegal there are some medical rights that overlap and take precedence in federal courts and rulings.

Most states have let leglization take the market and just wait and see what happens on the federal level to recreational by May of next year.

Ralp

Here again is another wonderful reason prop 205 failed.

Arizona Court of Appeals ruled that the presence of marijuana in one's system may not constitute driving under the influence nor merit subsequent charges.

Judges ruled in favor of medical marijuana patient, Nadir Ishak, who was arrested in 2013 for driving while impaired to the slightest degree and with marijuana in his system.

The majority opinion, penned by appellate Judge Diane Johnsen, said that Ishak did not receive a fair trial as he wasn't allowed to show his medical marijuana card to jurors.

You guys dodged the biggest bullet so far to access to marijuana. I heard that it was the intention to move all the Alcohol Tobacco in the proposed moronic Department of Marijuna License and Controls. Thus creating a State Vice License and Controls that allowed, vice for a price.

Ralp

This is coming up this week look at then contact your state rep. look at it, this is as close as other states have done and limits county & city regulations. This will complement other state regulations that are being draw up.

Safer AZ is asking for the moon and vindictive punishments for rouge police won't fly IMHO. They offer no protections for the paranoid that are running from drug crazed reefer addicts.
Neighbors in Paradise Valley tell me about them. They see them on Television rioting/marching then I go in roll and watch the woman march on whatever, crude rude whatever.

This will go further in committee not shelved might force a floor count check it out it is your law. http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/53leg/1R/bills/hb2003p.pdf

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Will have to see how far it goes.

On the medical side some politicians are trying to limit dispensarys from moving to another location in the state, as allowed by the original rules. Seems they are afraid of home grows coming back if folks don't have to deal with the 25 mile rule. Will probably affect rural only.

F them.

Ralp

https://azmarijuana.com/marijuana-news/albuquerque-city-council-votes-decriminalize-marijuana/

Imagine if the cities of Arizona could randomly select criminal codes. As it is now it is randomly prosecuted depending used to bolster other criminal & civil penalties to force a plea and agreements that have nothing to do with marijuana. Look at next door NM and Albuquerque if the citizens of Phoenix and Maricopa County forced a voter petition to decriminalize the legislature would not have a chance legalization would be done before the next 2020 general election. the legislature would be scared of losing it and the control.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
White bread arizona. I don't see anyone leading the charge.

Safer is still in the run, but i don't see much in the news.

Nice what Albuquerque did. No muss no fuss.

I'm excited now that Sb1420 is secure.

Going to sue the pants off the state first time I get bud with undisclosed bullshit in it. Going to force the 25 mile rule to go bye bye.

St. Phatty

It isn't re-legalization unless citizens are Free to Grow their Own.

AZ will get there eventually.

Amazing the big Dark Shadow that Big Pharma and Police Make Work cast over World Society.

On a separate note, Mexico is being torn apart by drug violence.

I heard some US senator on the radio this morning talking about the "plague" of Fentanyl.

The idiotic Greedy Assholes could make all that stop in one second, by re-legalizing Cocaine and Opium.

But then more US cops would lose their Make Work jobs.

Latest posts

Latest posts