What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Busy Growin' or Get Busy Buyin' II

5th

Veteran
Hey folks,

I moved into a new house a few months ago and threw this together.

Most were males. That was fine. Had a Sour D mom I could cut hundreds of clones off of so no worries.

Then the mites decided to "Occupy" my grow. Mayors of city's have to tip toe around issues like that...me? I went Stalin on their ass. (weeds great...but never under estimate the power of pure rage and alcohol) Weed plants getting thrown across the room like snot n' hair in a hockey fight until there was nothing left but dead leaves everywhere. Cleaned up everything the next day. Washed walls, steam cleaned the carpet. Threw out all the soil I had as well as my "pals" mite infested SD and SK moms and went n' got a bag of smoke to start mellowing out.

I then went to where grow pal/bug giver grows his shit. His grow tent looks like something out of an Indiana Jones movie...spider webs all over all his shit...except one... He says its OG Kush he cut off of the mom(from seed) in his veg closet. I went into his chamber of filth to take a gander at the ugly lil' bitch ... and thats exactly what I found. Told him I'd nurse her back to health...and he knows I can veg the fuck out of pretty much anything...so he upped her to me.

Here she is on November 10th right before a Forbid shower. (many thanks goes to bobblehead for the recomendation) Seeds germin' right beside her.

So I had some seeds laying around I was saving until the spring, also wanted to get some new gear. I bought some fem'd BBxNL and germ'd 'em...but we learn from our mistakes...
so I cracked some Luna Haze freebie beans as well as a few of the seeds I used for my outdoor grow last year. (some pine strain that reeks of lemon)

And here they are today

Cut 10 clones off of "it" two weeks ago. All 10 rooted, stuck four in that white pail in the bottom corner to veg. I figure an extra 20 clones is an extra 20 clones. I stuck the other 6 into flower so I don't have any suprises like I did on the last run...

Ok...so the demensions of my last box made things difficult for me...so I am now
489391f85fc0a87e916bf38a11b871cb.png
...well sorta...

4x4x4...2ft legs.
4" typhoon for exhaust
6" active intake
4" rubber hose
...more reflectix then I need.

All four sides are removable for easy access.

To do list:

Re-assemble in my grow room.
Wood Glue/filler anything thing that needs to be done.
Sand.
Stain.
Plumb for air and water.
Install wheels. ...yeah...you read that right...
Cover insides with Reflectix
Build another one.

I've alot more spec's on this then what I mentioned...just don't wanna bore everyone to death lol...any comments, questions, advice, or critiques...please feel free to post 'em.

:tiphat:

5th

Veteran
Very, very glad you guys are here for the ride.

Stared at them plants for about a half hour...I don't think they grew much...so I decided to fuck around...

...thats when I was high n' lazy...

...thats when I'm really fukn' stoned...

In the second pic is whats left of my own grown shit. Gotta burp/smoke them jars.

vangaurd

Hey man glad to see you back! I was in the middle of the 2nd run in my cab and got sidelined by injury. Well that run was going SOOO much better than the first but while i was down I had a pump failure and lost it all. Bummed for sure but shart happens. I am along for the ride my friend.... (And Yeah I am going to need more details) I'm a builder not a creator...

5th

Veteran
Hey man glad to see you back! I was in the middle of the 2nd run in my cab and got sidelined by injury. Well that run was going SOOO much better than the first but while i was down I had a pump failure and lost it all. Bummed for sure but shart happens. I am along for the ride my friend.... (And Yeah I am going to need more details) I'm a builder not a creator...

Sidelined eh? I mean if it's enough to postphone a grow...must be some serious shit. Hope your feeling much better bro. I'll try to compile as much detail as I can with not only the build but the grow....only thing thats coming to mind right now is I spent WAYYY to much on this rig lol.

I hope I can see around bobbles big head.

New camera takes panaramic(sp?) pics...shouldn't be an issue lol.

I'll take runt of the litter for 800!
This grow looks like it'll be crazy!
Get high and grow on!

Hey Al. Heres hoping so.

Box is done...sorta...the place where I get the 4" hose is doing inventory so I have to wait until Thursday to pick up the other two pieces. With the sealed room and the AC on, the box temps are laughable with a 600w. Might even use a 400w instead....whatcha think?

Cut clones an hour ago. Soon as we have some roots...we can start the show.

5th

Veteran
...Hi, I'm 5th (Hi 5th) and I suffer from Grow Room Building Deficit Disorder.

I was going to do an update the other day... ...all that was left was to install was the bottom support braces/res holder...

And now its fully disassembled in my garage...

...It's time for a little more committment I think...

The doors are suposed to be here tomorrow...thats why fuck alls done yet. Two rooms, one for the flooded hex tubes, one for the stadium/vert scrog. Flipped with 2x600w's, stacked in one...side by each in the other. 8 week strain, month apart.

Since I rent...and electricians around here are assholes...I've a measley 15 AMP's to work with. I'm also a prick though...so tapping into the furnace/AC room through the wall is looking real fucking good right now. I don't want to use my existing window set up to vent the left side room...also can't build a lung room for the AC...so I have no idea how I'm gonna run that...

Any suggestions are welcome...:tiphat:

5th

Veteran
So unlike everything else I do...I took my time, made proper measurements, pre-drilled holes, bought a tape measure...ya know...'lil things..

....well...back at it...

AlexTrebek

I took my time, made proper measurements, pre-drilled holes, bought a tape measure...ya know...'lil things..

I recently learned this way of doing things, out of the box thinking but it does work!
Can't wait to see that donut sprouting tree trunks,
Grow on!

5th

Veteran
...so I cut some clones...took the fam on vacation for the holidays...come back to rotten clones. Was positive I cleaned it out last time I used it...anyways...

Since this is all about "dialage", figured I'd fuck around anyways.

My rig is built for 100 clones. I've 50 in there now. 8 OG were vegged for 7 days. 4 are NLxBB clones the rest are OG clones.

Thats when I put them in.

...lol...panaramic pic...

Done.

The bulbs a 600w Ushio...I'm gonna switch it out on Jan. 1st for an HPS. This rig was suposed to run off 2x400w HPS...but that deal fell through...so 600w it is...

Shame really...I've 25 extra OG clones...just can't justify firing up another 600w for 25 clones is all...

Actually...the more I smoke this BHO, the better the idea is sounding..

I'll take pics of the room beside this one in the new year when I have it finished...

Happy New Year and prosperity to you all. :tiphat:

5th

Veteran
Looking good there buddy what kind of floor space is your "octo" taking up?

Hey Van. Well...she's actually mounted to the walls...sixteen inches from the floor lol...I've got an inner diameter of 36" all the way around. Bottom of the bottom tube is 42" from the top of the top tube.

yep looks like a real good start man. I like the side by side rooms too man very cool.

Thanks kindly sublime. Hoping to do a flip flop after I get things going...hoping to dial in the BBxNL more sooner then later.

5th

Veteran
I'd like to...as I have the confidence I can. I just can't find the relay I'm looking for. (the D ones powerbox uses) Anytime I shop online for one...I think it's just cheaper to buy a pre-built one. I'm only running 1200w per room on a 15A breaker...and I have 3x600w ballasts already. Might be better to just get some timers n' another ballast.

I've seen the powerboxes u mention. I was just gonna pick up some of the one's bobble used, I think their like $30 or $40, plus the lamp cords and timer.