What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vertical growing.........maxing out your light!

G

40 plants... 35 of them G33mum cuts... 2 x 400 hps + 1 400 mh no cooltubes, A/C mounted low and a fan blows up the center... Should be smoking some for new years...

full time daddy
Veteran
KingRalph said:
this is great, nice start 00420 n thanks for sharin that homemade masterpiece Grat3ful, hopin to get a few ideas from all yas. see ya 'round, n thanks for startin the thread 00420 :)

thx king,

i agree grat3ful.....think u......maybe this winter i will get to making mine..

np king :joint:

im hopping to crush 1gpw with one of them coli's........ :)
@ 1 OZ EACH ( 60 PLANT'S ) i would be at 3.75 pounds.......
all be happy with 60 @ 3/4 of a oz ( right at 2.5 pounds )
1oz a plant is pos'able...
my biggest so far is 18 gram's..... 21 with stem but i dont count that
i have only pulled 1 round.......

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
Grat3fulH3ad said:
40 plants... 35 of them G33mum cuts... 2 x 400 hps + 1 400 mh no cooltubes, A/C mounted low and a fan blows up the center... Should be smoking some for new years...

what kind of yeiulds so far??? or is this first round

grateful, thats amazing and inspiring, makes me wanna so a vertical style sroggy thing.. makes good sense for space saving.

full time daddy
Veteran
Grat3fulH3ad said:
This is the first go with it... Goal is 2lbs...

2 pounds on 1200 watts should be a cake walk..
that puts u right about my goal..... ( .8 per plant )

good luck cant wait for updates.........

grappleberry said:
grateful, thats amazing and inspiring, makes me wanna so a vertical style sroggy thing.. makes good sense for space saving.

:woohoo:
right now im just playing with strain's n learning.......

once im done space saving is the goal

Last edited:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
LOL GRATE! that is too fuckin cool. homemade cage, gotta love it... man i bet the design phase of that project took FOREVER.

00420- sweeeeeeeeeet setup.

G

Well, just got done read through the thread and i'm so glad we finally got some members posting with the Mini coli's and DIY veticle Cage that Grat3ful did. Show's that we are always looking for better yields in smaller places. Can't wait to see the both of you and your harvest. Thanks 00420 and Grat3ful for sharing your info and grows with us. I'll be posting my two 120 mini coli's once i'm moved. Looking forward to those two babies for awhile now. Thanks again and take care

full time daddy
Veteran
GoldDustWomen said:
Well, just got done read through the thread and i'm so glad we finally got some members posting with the Mini coli's and DIY veticle Cage that Grat3ful did. Show's that we are always looking for better yields in smaller places. Can't wait to see the both of you and your harvest. Thanks 00420 and Grat3ful for sharing your info and grows with us. I'll be posting my two 120 mini coli's once i'm moved. Looking forward to those two babies for awhile now. Thanks again and take care

i cant wait for u to get yours up either..... i wanna see how shity im doing...

but it only can get better ya?....... most mine are temp set up's....

i was runnign 1 ( 60 site ) then ordered 2 more ( 180 sites for all 3 )

Cheeba said:
Thanks for sharing and especially including those pics. :)
nprob..... lots more to come im sure :)

bartender187 said:
LOL GRATE! that is too fuckin cool. homemade cage, gotta love it... man i bet the design phase of that project took FOREVER.

00420- sweeeeeeeeeet setup.

i would think so.... i been working on one for a few now....... i just need the parts... but then i got a coli......
i might pick it back up sumday.......thx bar

anyways....... this came up on a thread.

whats the watts per sq foot on a coli?????
for a 60 site mini mod there 5' 6" x 16" high
the inside is 49 x 49 x 16

heres what i came up with any know if im right?

49 x 16 x 3.14 = 2461.76
(c x h x pi= surf's area)....... ( in inchs )

so 2461.76 / 144 =17.09sqf ?????????????????????????
^inchs^ina^sq^foot

so my guess is
58.51 watts per sq foot in a 60 site mini mod with 1k
35.29 watts per sq foot in a 60 site mini mod with 6 hundy
23.52 watts per sq foot in a 60 site mini mod with 4doubl0

Last edited:
G

u little calculator, you :bigeye: pie? *) right. LOL i know pie is 3.14 with a bar over it but thats the extent of my algebra LOL!!! this is why i never made it through college :badday:

wish i could confirm it LOL bet its a better estimate than most people could shit out, good hustle on the helpin people thing, your a good soul 00420 :)

G

any general tips on hanging a high pressure sodium without reflector vert.?
*edit* i tottally slaughtered this post wow was it illegible after the last edit LOL

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
CaptainJack said:
u little calculator, you :bigeye: pie? *) right. LOL i know pie is 3.14 with a bar over it but thats the extent of my algebra LOL!!! this is why i never made it through college :badday:

wish i could confirm it LOL bet its a better estimate than most people could shit out, good hustle on the helpin people thing, your a good soul 00420 :)
:fsu:
i neva went to college :bat: .....
hell i dont know how i got a deploma...... :moon:

help as many as i can...... :)

Dr.Feelgood

i know pie is 3.14 with a bar over
Well...that would make pi look like this: 3.14444444

Pi actually looks like 3.14159265 No offense...I just had to point that out. :smoke:

Nice vertical grows, people!

i neva went to college
Then what's up with that Oregon Ducks Softball plaque? :dance:

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
CaptainJack said:
any general tips on hanging a high pressure sodium without reflector vert.? (or halide for that matter, id liek to try both, right now i keep an very low wattage hps striking the top half of my mother plants from the side, it's a 35 watt LOL but want to know for no reflector (mine has one) and vertically hung, how m,uch light is washed upward? u lose much? would a mylar ceiling help things or what? Am i worrying too much and should i just try it?

thanks in advance

-captain flap stick :rolleyes: :biglaugh:

most light go's left n right.... not much go's up at all......

i thought about mylaring my coli's......

full time daddy
Veteran
Dr.Feelgood said:
Well...that would make pi look like this: 3.14444444

Pi actually looks like 3.14159265 No offense...I just had to point that out. :smoke:

Nice vertical grows, people!

Then what's up with that Oregon Ducks Softball plaque? :dance:

hahaha he know's pi.........lmao

am i right on my math feelgood?

that coli is set up at a friends house n his wife went to school.....

Last edited:

Dr.Feelgood

am i right on my math feelgood?
Well...I'm trying to figure out what the dimensions correspond to. If "c" equals "circumference", then you wouldn't need to factor pi. You would just take the circumference of the inside of the coli and multiply that by the height.

So did the friend's wife enjoy being a Duck? I'm considering moving to Eugene in a few years.

G

holy shit, i just wanted to say im super impressed with you guys and this style of growing. i've ALWAYS wanted to take a shot at verticle growing. im envious!!! j/k

h3ad, that's amazing. good grief!

Latest posts

Latest posts