What's new

Lovely Ladies of the Grow world.

hunt4genetics

Veteran
I often wonder why there are so few female growers here. In my regular life women smokers tend to be more open about it. When I encounter a male smoker, unless they are obvious, they are very tight lipped about it. If women consume pot at the same level as men, shouldn't there be on average the same amount of female growers as male growers?

Of all the grow houses that have been busted in my area, if suspects are arrested, they are always men. I have never heard of a women being busted running a grow-op.

I feel that in general women fly under the radar. Whenever growers get busted in my area, the neighbor always states how, no one ever saw them, they kept to themselves, etc.

I feel if 2-3 women were to live at and operate a growhouse, they have higher odds of a safe harvest than men.

Women tend to be a little more aloof than men.
If a neighbor trys to be friendly and try to invite themselves over, a women can refuse and not draw attention to themselves.

For male growers it's hard, you try to be a good Neighbor, no loud music etc.
You smile and wave at your neighbors. But it's only natural for neighbors to be nosey or friendly. A male grower can only be so stand offish before people start to suspect the worst.

If a few lovely ladies were to live together, no one would think much of it. Have a cover story,... "we all go to the local college, we are studying all the time, etc..."

The neighborhood wives will also keep heat off them. They will keep their men away from the lovely ladies of the grow house.

In the end, if 3 attractive college women were to live and operate a growhouse of say 500 plants, I feel if they all simply kept there mouths shut, they will pull it off. Offcourse odor control, don't steal electricity, a land lord that never visits ect... is also necessary.

what are your thaughts? Am I naive, are women big in the North American pot scene? Am I totally wrong and women make up a small percentage of all growers and smokers?

Peace

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
i remember a thread like this started in the womens forum. i think the consensus was that a great number of women do grow but are more tight lipped about it than men, due to the trouble it can bring, while men in contrast are more risk takers. well thats if i remember it correctly that is.

but i do think there are tons of women smokers as well as growers out there. rock on ladies!!!

JustinCase

Right Frank. They don't have the need to flex their muscles and puff out their chest as in a futile attempt to measure penises or rather buds. That and they don't have that constant need for approval, well sometimes.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
flubnutz said:
and i came in here hopin for bikini shots :badday:
I got your back bro.......

bikinibabe.jpg

Last edited:

hunt4genetics

Veteran
DirtDevil said:
YOU ACT LIKE WERE SERIAL KILLERS MAN, DONT HAVE YOUR GROW IN YOUR KITCHEN AND YOUR ALL SET
The point I was trying to make is that in some places, mainly in North America, there is a "profile" of what a typical growhouse is like. In some cities there are tip hotlines, cash rewards, pamphlets on how to tell if you live next door to a grow house. In these areas, where the average public is aware that growers are within their mist, women because they don't fit the profile, would tend to stand a greater chance of making it from harvest to harvest.

peace.

Yellowmoon

Maybe women find it less important to "show off" and even talk about the hobby online. I believe theres way less female growers than male ones, but when it comes to consuming cannabis, the gap between men and women is much smaller... and in the end icmag is more of a growers forum than just for recreational smokers.

It's probably also true that women take less risks.

Last edited:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
In the end, if 3 attractive college women were to live and operate a growhouse of say 500 plants, I feel if they all simply kept there mouths shut, they will pull it off. Offcourse odor control, don't steal electricity, a land lord that never visits ect... is also necessary.

Id be willing to live as a shut-in slave, doing any heavy lifting or gentle rub downs the girls might need as they tend their crop. I would work for weed and keep my mouth shut.

daddy fingaz

HeadyPete said:
Id be willing to live as a shut-in slave, doing any heavy lifting or gentle rub downs the girls might need as they tend their crop. I would work for weed and keep my mouth shut.

im with you on that, obviously the women would have to work naked so's not to taint their clothes with the smell of potent weed and that bloody resin can get everywhere ud have to clean them down at the end of each working day!...infact and the begining..and the middle!!! :muahaha:

greenhead

Veteran
I don't know any female growers, but I do know a few female tokers, and it's always a pleasure to toke with them and get them nice and high.

:joint: :wave:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Women bond by sharing secrets and men dont. Of the girl growers I know they are 10x more lax about security. Whenever Ive ever asked them about it the response is always ' Oh, they arent looking for me ' or ' Im so careful about this thing so I dont need to worry about that thing. '

Basically they seem to rationalize the bad security behavior as ok .. right up until the point where they get busted .. for the second time.

Liam

hunt4genetics: "the neighbor always states how, no one ever saw them, they kept to themselves".... that is exactly what you should do to avoid being busted, talking to neighbours is more likely to screw you, than help you.

"If a neighbor trys to be friendly and try to invite themselves over" WHAT? Do you actually believe that this is a credible problem for grower? Where do you live that people still actually talk to their neighbours?

"if 3 attractive college women were to live and operate a growhouse of say 500 plants, I feel if they all simply kept there mouths shut" Sigh... how many attractive women keep their mouthes shut? Wouldn't ugly chicks have a better chance of being left alone and ignored? And since when do attractive women need to risk their life growing weed to make money? They just fuck rich guys to get their money, I should know. =D

500 plants is vague in terms of yield, it is better to go by number of 1000Watt bulbs, 40 is the average for a grow house, usually with one grower and his master that stops by once a week to beat him and give him his crack.

"I have never heard of a women being busted running a grow-op" So you conclude that women don't get busted as easily.... instead of the more obvious FACT, that simply far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr fewer women grow marijuana than men.

"if 2-3 women were to live at and operate a growhouse"

1. DO NOT LIVE AT YOUR GROW-OP.
2. Grow-ops hardly require more than 1 person to operate, and industry wide that is the standard, one crack addict is all you need.
3. YOU FAIL.

"there is a "profile" of what a typical growhouse is like" Cops in general when checking out a grow house never see the occupants, they can't afford stakeout teams, if they are already checking you out, your gender is a moot point.

"Am I totally wrong", YES, yes you are.

Alright, it is more than obvious that you have no clue about women. So you are either fat or a nerd, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess BOTH.

FRANKENBLUNT420: "i think the consensus was that a great number of women do grow but are more tight lipped about it than men" That consensus is full of FAIL, women do not keep secrets, they gossip like mad, have you even MET a woman?

JustinCase: "That and they don't have that constant need for approval" Wait, so are you saying that men have a constant need for approval?

Sorry to be so crass, but this thread is just sad. Women are obviously not going to be common in the marijuana growing industry, as with most industries simply because there are way less women actually WORKING. And a grow-op is similar to a small business, and women are no where near 50% of the small business market. The highest estimates I've seen is women in Canada, nearing 1/3 of self employed and also 1/3 of small business with female ownership (not just complete ownership, part ownership as well). Also women are way more submissive and law abiding.

Last edited:

med_breeder

Just compare this to the topic of cheating.
Women cheat just as much as men, but men are considered the "Dogs."
Men are always on the radar when it comes to cheating. Usually women only draw suspision, if they have been caught cheating in the past.

I just think that women in general are giving the benefit of the doubt. I don't have the stats to prove it, but it wouldn't shock me if women commited crimes at a similar rate as men. they just get away with it more.
I think the only reason there may be way less female growers than male growers is they don't have to. Men give weed to women all the time. I know I have in hopes of...

Women may on average utter more words per day than men, I believe when it comes to keeping one's mouth shut in order to avoid jail, their lips are just as tight as us guys.
peace

VictoryGardener

holy hell
Marc Emery's wife is very good looking... he never lets her talk in their youtube videos...and if she does get a sentence or two in, he always cuts her off

...and that's the only woman I know involved in the business

...and that is all I have to contribute to this thread.... btw, long time no see!

Latest posts

Latest posts