What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

r u a morning or night person?

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
I wake up, usually, w/a smile and the brain on GO.

Asa, not so much. She's a night person. I'm a fortunate person in I sleep when I'm tired, so most days I nap at least one time. I do rise at 4am most morns and start gardening duties. So, by lunch I'm usually beat. This is when asa rises. We get our Me time while the other sleeps.

So, I'm a morning pain in the ass to the night folks. I did work night shift 12 yrs, so cut me a little slack.

What are you? Morning or Night.

just wondering

peace

hipponormous

Both. I like to stay up late but I also like to get up early so as not to 'waste the day'

I usually end up going to bed at 9pm-12, usually 10-11 on average and wake up automatically at 6-8.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm more like an old telly, in that it takes me a long time to warm up before I work properly. Waking up is a very gradual process, after about 3 hours of realising there is an outside of the bed, I start to come round, regardless of what time I rise, around midnight I truly come to life. Bed time is somewhere between 3am and 7 am, up time is between 11am and 3 pm. So that makes me a night time person. There's nothing worse than getting up and bumping into a morning person who wants me to try and talk to them, most I can manage is a few grunts.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i like to switch it up. recently i have been a morning person, because I have to wake up early and start answering the phone... busy times have arrived in my parts so i can usually find myself crashing earlier then usual... but naps are still key to my survivial and relaxed state of mind... If i dont get my sleep, fah get abot it....

previous to about 2 months ago i would classify myself as a night person... i would usually sleep through the morning and usually wake up in the afternoon...

funny how things change....

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
LMAO....

GMT, you just matched asas schedule and wake up attitude. she glares at me when im javaing off the wall. after a bowl or ten she might speak...lol. some times im brimming w/info for her and cant stop wanting to talk shop w/her. we been growing indoors now 11+ yrs and i come here to unwind not talk my job. be like kid going on my space to study.

know lots folks like u to hippo.

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
change is good in my eyes. lets u see more imho lil wayne. u get what im saying? i like to mix it up, but i should have mentioned i hardly ever sleep more than 3 hrs at a time.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The_Leader said:
i hardly ever sleep more than 3 hrs at a time.

why is that ??? some sort of sleep disorder?

[after i read about this, i hopped on google and read about some sleep disorders... i think i have restless legs syndrome... my damn legs cant stop movin at night ...i swear i must flip over or move around atleast 20 times throughout a night of sleep... but...

i AM on the hunt for the ultimate deal on a NICE memory foam mattress...

a great mattress is important, for that is where your body spends the most time in one single spot...]

R03

I am a night person, I get about 5-6 hours of sleep. In the morning, I usually shoot out of bed feeling alive.

LiLWaynE, have you always had this "restless legs syndrome"?

I know people who were rocked to sleep when they were young usually need to move a leg, foot etc. To simulate the rocking. They don't usually realize why they're doing it.

R

Raistlin Majere

well i was always a night person
always worked 2nd or 3rd shift

now i don't work and i have kids so i do it early bird style :rasta:
i have to go to bed early so i am not cranky
and i need 10-12 hours of sleep everyday, always have
i shudder to think of sleep disorders, as it would be pure hell for me

anyone ever read stephen kings insomnia ?
hella good book :headbange

take it easy
:smoweed:

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
idk if its a sleep disorder as much ar a huge breathing problem. i usually wake because i cant breath. i also slept 16 to 2O hrs a day because of depresion and pills. almost 4 yrs straight during my prison days.

at least u know ur not a morning person Rtr.

RM u have a great reason to be a morning person. kids are gold.

NOKUY

Veteran
im not either one...i fukin hate mornings, and i'm the last person u wanna talk to in the morning.

at the same time i'm not some "party animal" or anything at night...i guess i just "try" to be as level headed as i can all day....then chill in the evening.

....so i dont know what that makes me....prolly makes me "old"

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Night person...

I hate morning with a passion..i sleep 4-6 hours...as soon as the sun goes down..i feel energized. And then i read and stay up very late. I probably like night more because it's a lot calmer when everyone else is asleep..

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Im more of a night person, but lately I been wakin up at 6am with my girl cuz she go ta work. Now I go ta sleep at like 1:30-2, usedta be like almost 3 everynight. When I wake up Ill get on this forum for a minute cuz im addicted, then do my workout. worknout in the mornin really helps me feal better for the rest of the day.

NOKUY

Veteran
i workout by pacing the house while i get my lunch and breakfast, and let the dog out...i fukin love my dog to death.

i think i live for my dog before i live for myself.

i might bring up my old dog thread. :wave:

I

Iron_Lion

My day starts pretty early, naturally Im not a morning person. I've found a good workout and a few puffs before work gererally improve my mood in the morning and my boost energy level. COme to think of it Im not really a night person either, Im kinda just a lazy grump that sleeps alot.

Last edited:

krys0513

Morning person, my theory on this is it depends on the time you were born as to what you will end up being. For instance I was born @ 5:30 AM hence I am a morning person, my son he was born @ 7:00 PM at night and I fight him every morning to get him up for school, and during the summers if I let him he would stay up half the night and sleep all day.

Latest posts

Latest posts