What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lucas in a nutshell?

The Budfather

can some one tell me everything id need for lucas formula and the incriments i need to use? i read the article in sticky but still confused im want something simple with high yields for dwc,, oh and cheap would be nice tooo

G

ok you use 2 part instead of threepart you only use the micro and the bloom for veg you work your way up to 5 mil. micro 10 mil bloom....in flower you go from 5 mil micro to 8 mill micro and from 10 mil bloom to 16 mill bloom...my stoned ass will post a link in a minute

G

well there you have it budfather...many links providing the same information on the lucas or ph formula rather

G

i use it and only it...the lucas formula that is..take a look in the gallery

JohnnyToke

i used the 2 part micro bloom on my 1st grow with good results. I switched to 1 part novabloom for my now completed 2nd grow with good results as well.

the big difference was I had to ph 'up' alot with the 1 part novabloom vs the 2 part micro/grow nutes.

both will get you good results.

I had some mag deficiencies with both grows and thought I needed to add cal-mag and/or epsom. turns out I just needed to keep my ph @ 5.8 - 6.0 to solve that problem. mag was being locked out due to my ph levels of 5.4-5.6.

regards,
JT

Nothing but great results with the basic Lucas formula (water add-back)

General Hydroponics Flora Series Feeding Strategy - Lucas Formula

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (24/0)
0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

The numbers above indicate the number of milliliters (ml/cc) of Flora Grow, Flora Micro or Flora Bloom formulas that I use in one gallon (US Liquid) of nutrients.

You will notice I dont use any of the "Flora Grow” formula, do not need to, the "Flora Micro" provides plenty of Nitrogen.

1. Top off the reservoir daily using a pH corrected water solution as required to maintain full reservoir level. After adding back an amount of water equal to the amount of your reservoir capacity you should change the reservoir and put in fresh solution.

This is not the whole formula. He gives you a few other ways to execute his formula. Like adding nutrients back insted of draining and making a fresh batch. I like it simple, so I do it the way I put it here in this message.

You can read the whole thing if you want here.

nov-harvest_2006_007.jpg

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I "discovered" the Lucas formula on my own 10-12 years ago. I like the GH stuff but, MicroGrow is a money pit that sucks your wallet dry to no benefit to your plants.

JohnnyToke

FreezerBoy said:
I "discovered" the Lucas formula on my own 10-12 years ago. I like the GH stuff but, MicroGrow is a money pit that sucks your wallet dry to no benefit to your plants.

My 1st grow, I grew 4 plants in 5 gal dwc buckets with a 5 gal controller/reservoir. I used about 8oz of micro and 16oz of bloom total for the entire grow by using the addback formula instead of dumping the entire system every 10 days or so. That adds up to about $10 worth of nutes over a 75 day grow from rooted clones (12 days veg / 63 days bloom).

those 4 plants yielded 14.35oz of dried bud.

I guess if you have a much larger grow, it could add up to more nute cost.

I find the lucas 2 part very cost efficient.

regards,
JT

JohnnyToke

Hey Rump.

i'm glad to see you posting over here now. I have enjoyed your tutorials and bud shows over @ GC. I built my dwc's & reservoir using your tutorials.

there is no arguing with your system or results as they are proven over and over by your huge widow buds.... :rasta:

regards,
JT

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
JohnnyToke said:
I find the lucas 2 part very cost efficient.

Me too. It's the third part (the missing part, the "0", MicroGrow) thats worthless. That's why we leave it out. In the words of Dire Straits, its, "Money for nuthin'." To make matters worse, NO CHICKS free or otherwise.
:wave:

Rumpleforeskin said:
Nothing but great results with the basic Lucas formula (water add-back)

General Hydroponics Flora Series Feeding Strategy - Lucas Formula

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (24/0)
0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

The numbers above indicate the number of milliliters (ml/cc) of Flora Grow, Flora Micro or Flora Bloom formulas that I use in one gallon (US Liquid) of nutrients.

You will notice I dont use any of the "Flora Grow” formula, do not need to, the "Flora Micro" provides plenty of Nitrogen.

1. Top off the reservoir daily using a pH corrected water solution as required to maintain full reservoir level. After adding back an amount of water equal to the amount of your reservoir capacity you should change the reservoir and put in fresh solution.

This is not the whole formula. He gives you a few other ways to execute his formula. Like adding nutrients back insted of draining and making a fresh batch. I like it simple, so I do it the way I put it here in this message.

You can read the whole thing if you want here.

nov-harvest_2006_007.jpg

Am I to understand your using 80tsp per gallon of Flora Bloom in flowering?

5tsp = 1 millileter