What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado marijuana users sue grower over fungicide

medicalmj

Veteran
get your stuff tested , know for sure , dont just guess .. seems like you could end up in court otherwise ..
you d be better off improving your grow environment to avoid those problems in the first place ....
I've only had to use twice in over 10 years. And i only use in veg.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
PM is not so difficult to get rid of, so there is no reason for Eagle 20 use at all. I know people in my MMJ state DO use it. Hopefully, not in flower. Preferably, not at all.

medicalmj

Veteran
That's just the half life. It lasts far longer than 2 months.
Yeah I know. However, the half life sprayed on veg and then growing under bright lights is not 2 months. It's measured in days, somewhere around 3-10.

The bigger point is that the leaves I spray are not even on the plant at the end of flower. All that growth becomes under growth which I remove in early flower.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Yeah I know. However, the half life sprayed on veg and then growing under bright lights is not 2 months. It's measured in days, somewhere around 3-10.

The bigger point is that the leaves I spray are not even on the plant at the end of flower. All that growth becomes under growth which I remove in early flower.

It's a systemic pesticide. It will get all up in your plant if you spray it.

Google says it's soil half life is 66 days. Aquatic too. Says in the air it's 2.3 days. But you're not really spraying the air.

If you want to save a mom I understand. I'd rather use UVC light personally. In your case I probably would take clones from the mom and then mom those and then maybe use clones from the new mom plant. Anyway, to each their own. If you're not distributing and it's for yourself then whatever. It's your life. There are probably worse things to be concerned about as well. But I tend to try to avoid these kinds of products if I can.

I saw this coming... just didn't think it would be so soon...

Get ready people.. The flood gates are opening and the lawsuits (some frivolous, some not) will be clogging the courts soon...

And the winners will be.......you guessed it... THE LAWYERS.....

You are right but it does amuse me somewhat we now live in an age you can sue someone for a bad batch of dope. Maybe we have progressed after all? :smoweed:

(Not in the Uk yet unfortunately)

This same club is one of the bigger chains in Colorado. These guys accidentally got a dozen or so people hospitalized handing out edibles at the fair pot booth from what I heard.

Buckowens

Eagle 20 transloactes in the areas it was applied to, new growth does not contain much if any of the applied chemical, myclobutianil. (Sp)

CoCoSativas

Hopefully that makes some growers take note ,
i see here many seem to like that eagle 20, theres a whole thread on it,
a quick google says its dangerous and shouldnt be used ,
and yet ....
sloppy growers using dangerous chemicals to avoid having to clean up their act ,, shame shame shame ...

Ugh why on earth would someone put that on dope plants...

PM is not so difficult to get rid of, so there is no reason for Eagle 20 use at all. I know people in my MMJ state DO use it. Hopefully, not in flower. Preferably, not at all.

Nope, what you need is air flow/movement and a dehumidifier. PM can only thrive in humid enviroments. Molds are everywhere naturally, they lay dormant waiting for the right enviroment to get to work. As long as its dormant you don't have any issue.

https://youtu.be/9ATGtLZrwhM?t=16m10s

Last edited:

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope, what you need is air flow/movement and a dehumidifier. PM can only thrive in humid enviroments. Molds are everywhere naturally, they lay dormant waiting for the right enviroment to get to work. As long as its dormant you don't have any issue.

https://youtu.be/9ATGtLZrwhM?t=16m10s

There are strains of PM that does not go away no matter how low the humidity is or how much air flow you have.

Eagle 20 should only be used on a small clone and then a 2 or 3 months later turned into a mother plant. Don't flower out the original clone that was sprayed.

meadowman

why not sue the government for spraying paraquat on marijuana in the 80's....i'm sure i smoke it. lord only knows what else they were spraying.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a customer in a mink coat waltz into the hydro aisle like he owned it. Talked about how he sprayed Everfresh Mango juice on the buds to get that stick/ smell goin. Another guy mentioned he had crushed up vicodin pills and mixed it into his soil to help his plants....

I understand your eagle 20 people, they follow directions, get caught, what not...logical crime. Understable yet dirty...bastards.

But dont forget that there have been assholes like above and worse growing shifty pot for a loooong time. I think knowing how everyone else around me grows, makes me continue to grow my own and pursue my dream of sustainable off grid living.

You got mold cause:

You took in a clone or plant from someone else
Your VPD is really off
Not enough airflow
Plants from outside your house

Talk about some BS practices...
Mr mink coat needs his ass handed to him.
These types of stories should be made public so folks can make more informed decisions about what they're buying.

barnyard

Cannabis products are labeled up the wazoo with lists of both ingredients and disclaimers so consumers know what they are getting.

If you're concerned about contaminants then choose an organic shop.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a safe way and a shite way to use anything.

I can use a ball point pen to write a dirty limerick.

Or ram it into your jugular.

I was waiting behind someone in the grow store once while he asked for an 8 week supply of Nova for a 40 lighter. Hard work trying to swallow back that upchuck...

Not really. If you ever get the strain of PM that does not go away no matter how low the humidity is or how much air flow you have then you will not make such statements.

I did have an apartment basement one time that had mold. It would grow on the knobs on the stereo and tv etc. The basement wasn't humid. It was farily normal humidity, but it was dank and stagnant air. Anyways that was a long time ago, before I was into weed, thinking about it now I'm pretty sure I could have gotten rid it was from lack of air flow. Opening the window 24/7 for weeks wouldn't get rid of it. I would need to get a centrifugal fan pull air from outside and box fans and really get the air moving in there I imagine at that point to eliminate it.

oldsilvertip55

short of some organics i add very little 1short girl 26 in. gave up 3oz. ,cured @last smoked 1a few days back 2hrs later still didnt want to ride wheeler home best ive ever grown thanks for all the help ic members

Latest posts

Latest posts