What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemo Grapefruit in Bloom

Cool Marco, nice to see you posting up some pic's, kinda hard to tell much cause they're so small, but from what i can make out it looks like a sweet garden :smile:

rest up buddy and get rid of that cold, makes for bigger and better vapor hit's :wink:

Peace

Marco Renda

I got 90 in 3 gallon pots

The Chemo Grapefruit is for my wife and another exemptee that I grow for.

I have another 3 1000watt HPS for the remaining 51 plants and those are Williams Wonder, Legends Ultimate Indica, Ultra Skunk, Island Sweet Skunk and Orangina.

For my next grow I am not sure what I will be growing as I need to find out what cuttings will be available.

I do know that the grow after next I will have Sensi Star and Sugar Babe by Paradise Seeds in my bloom room as the mothers will be large enough to take enough cuttings for the room.

We are allowed to grow 147 plants with the 3 grow permits that we have.

I only wish that I could grow more plants as I would then set up a seperate room just for veg and mother plants as I have to rely on others right now to grow out the genetics that I supply them with. It has been great to be able to supply quality genetics in exchange for cuttings from those genetics once they are big enough.

My wife thinks that I am growing too many plants in that small space

I am going to try and rent some space from a nursery so that I can grow the plants even bigger! I am thinking of having them veg for 2 - 3 months then putting them to flower.

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Marco Renda

Here is the info that was sent to me by the person who gave me the cutting

Note Orangina Sativa

Orangina was from a very clean room with zero incidences of pests, no chemical pesticides have ever been used in this room and only neem oil has been used for preventive measures.

Flower time said to be 8 weeks with most of the bulk occurring in the last week. In a Pro-Mix grow alongside of Shiskaberry, Shark, California Orange and Humboldt it is always the first to pre-flower and flower in the first week (13 hours dark 11 Light for week one then 12/12).
Mature Mother plants give a abundment of shoots for cloning and would need to be pruned more often for small personal grows. She is very hardy and nice plant to work with. Does not like very heavy feedings that some commercial growers push for.

reported effects: excellent daytime smoke, Low paranoia, relaxing of stress while uplifting of ones sense of well being, artistic creativity enhanced, anti inflammatory is good, a few people describe it as an upbeet relaxing Trippy herb without the paranoia side effects.

I decided to put it to flower to see if I even like the effects if it works well for my ailments I will get another cutting from them to keep as a mother. I really need more space and would prefer a greenhouse or shall I say many greenhouses

The Chemo Grapefruit is a keeper but my friend lost the ORIGINAL mother due to a INSPECTION on his premises so he had to take down his room at the time we had nowhere to put the mother plant so it was turfed. I did give him another bunch of cuttings but he went away for too long and they dried out so the plants died.

I am thinking about revegging a few of the CG plants so that my wife can still have her favourite strain.

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Maybe you have already considered this

Why not flower less plants, and veg them longer before you flower, that way you could have part of your plants (#'s) vegging, and keep some mothers, you should be able to yield the same off of fewer but larger plants.

That would also allow you to maybe do a perpetual harvest and grow more variety? You may have to section off your room but it may end up being more efficient. Just a thought

Keep up the good work

Marco Renda

SmokeAndBeKind said:
Maybe you have already considered this

Why not flower less plants, and veg them longer before you flower, that way you could have part of your plants (#'s) vegging, and keep some mothers, you should be able to yield the same off of fewer but larger plants.

That would also allow you to maybe do a perpetual harvest and grow more variety? You may have to section off your room but it may end up being more efficient. Just a thought

Keep up the good work

I have tried all kinds of ways and decided to go back to big pots and plants. If you saw my grow room you would still see the studs that seperated the rooms. I made it into 3 rooms ( 1 Veg , 1 bloom 2 4' x 8' ebb & flo and 1 bloom 1 4' x 8' ebb and flo ) but the TEMP was way too HIGH and was extremely difficult to control in the space so I removed the walls and made it 1 room. I use MH conversion bulbs when I am in veg and I let my plants veg for 4 - 6 weeks before I trip them over to 12 / 12. I would prefer to veg them for 2 - 3 months but I just don't have the space and this is the only place that I can grow our meds.

I ran into so many problems when I did a perpetual garden. A couple of times I lost my entire garden due to a bug infestation and you can't bomb your bloom room when 1/2 of it is almost ready to harvest.

My wife says that she hopes that I have finally made up my mind how I want to grow because I have spent a small fortune in all the changes LOL

Thanks for your input

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Marco Renda

Harvest Time is here

Harvest Time is here

Here are some pics of my girls right before harvest I have also included a pic of my lonely Orangina girl

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Excellent Marco! that's a nice little indoor field of dream you've got growing in there bro, truely impressive!

Will this be your first time growing & smoking the Orangina? it has that "orange Bud" look to it, and i hope it has the taste too!

Great Growing Buddy!

Peace

:Bolt:

Marco Renda

Yep this is the first time growing and tasting it so I will let you know how it is. I sure hope that my friend kept his mother plant of this strain if I do like it so that I can get more cuttings from him later on.

My next grow is going to inclue Sensi Star, Sugar Babe, Cherry Bomb, Ledgends Ultimate Indica and Berlin. I will also be growing from seed MasterLow as it is 100% autoflower strain and is more potent then the pure lowryder in my opinion and that way I can get a harvest at the same time as I am in veg as I plan on vegging for at least 8 weeks

Take Care and Peace
Marco

DirtyFreddy

I think he is referring to Vic High from BC Growers Association. I beleive he is the breeder of this strain. If I remember its chemo x c99 backcross and grapefruit x blueberry backcross.
One of my favorite strains.. best tasting and smelling grass i've got