What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The New Sacha Baron Cohen Film, "Bruno" preview...

D

DogBoy

That's too much, i cant wait to watch the African baby sketch, the airport womans face was a peach! lol

Kizzattack

He has already been in the news causing problems with his crazy stunts while filming for this movie. I can't wait to see it. That chat show scene looks awesome.

VictoryGardener

holy hell
If I saw him I'd give him a bloody nose real fast just from what he did to Dr. Ron Paul... I just don't see the humor with this guy.. Borat... seriously? now he plays the stereotype project runway gay guy... I just don't see it, honestly... and I'm really not a violent person.

He seems like a much smarter man than his movies might suggest... I can see that from his interviews... what is the humor with changing your character and putting other people in uncomfortable positions just to get a laugh from the same people that thought Tom Green was funny?? I'm not seeing his new picture, just my .02

jamrockjay

No matter what character Sacha Baron Cohen thinks of next it doesnt compare to Ali G, u had to be in england at the time to fully understand and reconise where he was going with this character, Ali G is his only character that i have really liked and probably it will stay that way, just my 2 cents

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Well, here in the US he can create whatever character he wants I suppose. We have no back story and he's funny as shit.

I like all his characters really.

How do defend against a man with two dildos ?

:laughing:

D

DogBoy

If I saw him I'd give him a bloody nose real fast just from what he did to Dr. Ron Paul... I just don't see the humor with this guy.. Borat... seriously? now he plays the stereotype project runway gay guy... I just don't see it, honestly... and I'm really not a violent person.

He seems like a much smarter man than his movies might suggest... I can see that from his interviews... what is the humor with changing your character and putting other people in uncomfortable positions just to get a laugh from the same people that thought Tom Green was funny?? I'm not seeing his new picture, just my .02

If that's your reaction then he has achieved his goal. He simply takes stereotypes and goes to the extreme. The point?, why does there have to be one. It's just funny, if they didn't find it funny afterwards they would not give their permission for it to be used would they?

Just out of curiosity why are you so bothered about what he did to one man?

Kizzattack

No matter what character Sacha Baron Cohen thinks of next it doesnt compare to Ali G, u had to be in england at the time to fully understand and reconise where he was going with this character, Ali G is his only character that i have really liked and probably it will stay that way, just my 2 cents

Ali G was brilliant. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZKW1WEVlM

Ali G interviewing a "drug advisor" about weed.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
yeah, ali g is the shit, jungle is massive ! lol
borat can be a little bit overkill imo, same as bruno... sometimes just too much.
the ali g english and american hbo series were great as well as the movie, seriously stupid shit.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^ i agree the borat movie was EPIC as far as im concerned, ive been watching SBC since the HBO series came out waaay back, i simply rememeber watching it because i love drum n bass, jungle, etc and i love the artist who made the song the Ali G show starts on. Once i watched the first episode i was hooked, years ago when borat came out i was stoked, he really did do something different and became famous in a very short time (in america). I dont think that Bruno will dissapoint, especially if you dont mind uncomfortable gay moments, or male genitals in close proximity to faces.
What i often wonder is what is SBC gonna do after Bruno? i mean this would conclude his tri athalon of comedic gold, where does one go after that? i hope he doesnt try to do serious acting gigs like Adam Sandler did for a minute(how awful) i mean these are his life long works of comedy, its not like he can make up a few more characters... can he?

jamrockjay

Dont get me wrong i think he is as funny as fcuk i just cant get into a character like i did with Ali G, i think he goes to overkill with to many. There was uproar when he 1st hit uk tv, it all fueled the hype and i think he just likes to go as far as he can and then some more lol

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BooyaCashA! That shit looks hilarious...I figured after Borat he wouldn't be able to get away with another movie without being recognized...

looks funny...he actually looks different , like if i saw him in real life i wouldnt of known that was borat and ali g.thats probably why he is able to pull it off in america... i lmao when he almost caused the accident with the scooter lol.

bens lab

I actually prefer Borat & Bruno to Ali, Ali was very good in his time, but it's so 90's, you just can't pull it off anymore, the Ali G film sucked, but Borats was awesome.
Bruno is the newest character but he's been playing him and refining it for many years now, I can't wait to see the next one too, he'll probably just go into films for a while though.

Latest posts

Latest posts