What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's boycott Kellogg's!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Kellogg's just announced that they're not renewing their sponsorship deal with Michael Phelps because of the recent fallout over the picture of him smoking a bong:

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/swimming/news/story?id=3887608

Now Kellogg's is a cereal and snack maker. Among their products are: Famous Amos cookies, Sandies, Poptarts, Cheezits, the Keebler Elf products, and Austin brand snacks.
http://www2.kelloggs.com/Product/Product.aspx

What makes Kellogg's think that a good percentage of their products are not consumed by people under the influence of marijuana?
Hypocrisy, I say! We should boycott this snack food company, show them that if they're too good to accept money from marijuana users, then maybe Nabisco (Oreos, Ritz, Chips Ahoy) would appreciate our dollars more.
Rant over.
:rant:

RandyMarsh

Dude... I agree it's a worthy cause. This whole situation shouldn't have gotten more than a laugh from everyone. But.... POP TARTS? Boycott pop-tarts?

Fuck that.

C

Chamba

you don't actually eat that shit do you? lol

it's full of sugar, fat, salt, preservatives, synthetic colorings and flavorings plus other additives..as well as a small amount of stale, over processed, over cooked, over chemicaled "food" ingredients.....basically, it's not food.

the cardboard box that the contents are packed in has more nutrients, tastes better and is healthier to eat than the crap inside it! lol

seriously though, when the hungrys hit, be creative do something like wash, peel, core and dice an apple or any other fruit, add some yogurt and a drip of honey..it takes about 30 seconds..or make "pizza" toast, heat up the toaster oven, fine slice some garlic, add sliced tomato, onion, peppers, a little cheese, garlic, etc, to slices of bread, add salt, pepper then olive oil and pop them in the (toaster) oven on a tray until half cooked, remove the tray so the bottom side of toast browns as you finish them...don't burn your fingers!

RandyMarsh

Hell yeah! I eat all that shit! I love to cook but sometimes all I want is a smore pop-tart. Or an oversized bowl of frosted flakes.

..it takes about 30 seconds..or make "pizza" toast

Despite your ripping on all that is unhealthy. I love you for mentioning pizza toast. I have some mozza in the fridge that needs a purpose soon. I'm hitting that up right now!

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuck em.

General Mills makes all their cereals with WHOLE GRAINS!

:D

How pathetic is this anyway...

D

DogBoy

Lets spend our money with Nestle instead. They only test their products on poor kids which is cool by me.

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
What did they do wrong? They have every right to cancel their sponsorship of him for whatever reasons they want. They believe it makes him a lesser role model for kids and they are doing what they believe is right.

Go ahead and boycott kellogs, they won't notice at all.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
What did they do wrong? They have every right to cancel their sponsorship of him for whatever reasons they want. They believe it makes him a lesser role model for kids and they are doing what they believe is right.

Go ahead and boycott kellogs, they won't notice at all.

No, they probably would not notice, however they may well notice if people started putting about stories of angry stoners who work in Kellogs factories sticking nasty things in the ingredients as revenge........

Mud sticks and with this sort of action, food manufacturers are very vulnerable.

elevate

same with visa, what are we gonna do, boycott visa too?

Why don't we just instead embrace Michael Phelps, and give him our support. People who smoke still have the ability to set it aside, train hard, and win 8 gold medals in swimming for the united stated in the olympics apparently...

all those people who thought nobody but the tv repair man and teenagers smoked "dope"...... they just got f'd in the 'A' by Phelps. Nice one phelps.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
More likely their reaction will be 'The law works! It's going to save Mr. Phelps from becoming a heroin addict which is what would have happened without an intervention! Thank god we saved him before it was too late!"

Indica Jones

They have every right to drop their sponsonship deal the guy is in the public eye and was/is a role model to kids.
What parent wants a pot smoker to be a role model for thier kids??

Throwing about stories about angry stoners contaminating kellog's products would only play into the hands of the anti-pot brigade and demonise us even more than us tokers already are.

Your right! We already have enough Alcoholic role models as it is. LOL Keep telling your kids Cannabis is evil. Just like the TV already does. And why stop there? Let's go into the bedrooms of your kid's role models, and see if there is anything GAY going on. Let's see some snap shots of that. Because you know your role models are just planning their life for your little kid.

Let's do it for the kiddies. Sounds like a Anti-Drug commercial. LOL

Oh, by the way, any of you food workers.....................please, don't pee in my food.

Latest posts

Latest posts