What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When the "Tall" is just too Tall

E

EatCannabisRaw

Ever just want a little cup of coffee and the tall is just too much at Starbucks?

Not talkin bout Espresso either...just a nice smaller cup of coffee for the taste.

Is the Tall the American super-sized version of a small in other countries around the world? I wonder?

Tall used to be the medium size at starbucks, the "short" size was the small and the "grande" was the biggest they had (hence grande).
American culture (the culture of the Big Gulp, and the 1L soda bottle) demanded more, so Starbucks added the 20oz "venti" size, but good news: all starbucks still offer the 8oz short, its just not on the menu...ask for it next time.

E

EatCannabisRaw

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! i knew it i knew it i knew it! lol thats amazing...seriously omg..... wtf

E

EatCannabisRaw

i don't want to pay 1.73 for a small cup of coffee... i hope the 8 oz is cheaper than that.

VictoryGardener

holy hell
never been much of a Starbucks fan myself, but maybe someone could tell me-

Is it the quality that makes you buy Starbucks, the predictability, the efficiency, or is it the mass availability?

I will tell you that there is far better coffee out there, and the best is not what makes Starbucks profitable... they took a coffee shop and applied the principles of McDonaldization to the business... and voila.

IMO, if Starbucks really wants to crack the local market- they would adapt and change as the global (Starbucks, McDonaldized) molds the local (the local coffee shop) to forge a business that changes from franchise to franchise and state to state. Change the menu a bit and the store atmosphere a bit according to locale yet keep the predictability and the efficiency.

E

EatCannabisRaw

i never really go to starbucks it was just there. i'm probably just going to drink tea but yeah... i hear you

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
When I go to Tim Hortons here in Canada, I tend to get a Large coffee which is 12 ounces I believe, the extra large is 16, and I can never finish it, so 12 ounces of coffee is about my limit.

bleezie

VictoryGardener said:
never been much of a Starbucks fan myself, but maybe someone could tell me-

Is it the quality that makes you buy Starbucks, the predictability, the efficiency, or is it the mass availability?

I will tell you that there is far better coffee out there, and the best is not what makes Starbucks profitable... they took a coffee shop and applied the principles of McDonaldization to the business... and voila.

IMO, if Starbucks really wants to crack the local market- they would adapt and change as the global (Starbucks, McDonaldized) molds the local (the local coffee shop) to forge a business that changes from franchise to franchise and state to state. Change the menu a bit and the store atmosphere a bit according to locale yet keep the predictability and the efficiency.

for me i used to go because of pretty good quality and convenience of a fresh cup while puffin on a cigarette. I usually pick things i can't really make, unlike a regular cup of brewed coffee, lol, so it makes it a decent experience. I have pretty much stopped "using" coffee after i quit cigarettes so now I rarely visit.

E

EatCannabisRaw

Yeah that is kind of weird how a cigarette tastes better somehow after coffee. I think its just that the cigarette feels more useful to calm down the coffee rush.

T

tyler

in mcdonalds our drinks are 0,25 0,35 0,5 litres. thats small medium large.

confused

EatCannabisRaw said:
Yeah that is kind of weird how a cigarette tastes better somehow after coffee. I think its just that the cigarette feels more useful to calm down the coffee rush.

Nicotine is a stimulant. It just makes your body feel "relaxed" because you are getting the a chemical you are dependent upon.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
back when I was working 40 hours a week as an office slave. I would consume prob 30-60oz of coffee a day, I never bought it, but brewed myself a mug at home for the commute to work, then at work drank another 2-4 cups daily. Stuff is like crack when you are not used to waking up at 630. Although I slowly tappered off when I stopped working, and now the only caffeine I take is in Chocolate and Soda,

E

EatCannabisRaw

Confused, tobacco isn't merely just a "stimulant". Thats really reductionist thinking. nicotine is highly alkaline. tobacco is a green leaf. It has MAOI properties when smoked. Also the high amount of B vitamins acts as a beta-blocker. If I remember correctly they invented beta-blockers from tobacco research.

So basically a beta-blocker keeps you from getting too excited, too hot. Thats why they say cigarettes are "cool"...cuz they "cool" you... level you. Entiendes? :)))

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I drink a lot of coffee, both at home & out on the road.

At home I grind either dark or medium roasts that are not flavored,
on the road I drink medium roast as it's higher in caffeine and keeps
me more alert. My top three choices for OTR coffee shops are:
(1) Caribou Coffee
(2) Starbucks
(3) Dunkin' Donuts

DUNKIN'
DONUTS.......
has dropped to third only because I can not find it
here in MN, while in NY it's usually my 1st coice unless I'm headed to
Barnes & Noble which has a Starbucks in each store.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
worked at caribou for a couple years... i don't drink coffee anymore.

especially after that one night when we decided to have a drinking contest...

back to back fresh shots of espresso.. 12 shots later it was the worst caffeine experience of my life.