What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Buddha Cheese Organic smoke report

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
STANDARD SMOKE REPORT V1.0 (from Treating Yourself Magazine)

=================================================
IDENTIFICATION
================================================
Date: 5th of June 2008
Strain: Big Buddha Cheese
Judge: Sammet
Breeder: Big Buddha
Grower: Sammet

Nutes used: Earth Juice Grow, Bloom and Catalyst. AN Grandma Enggy's Kelp and F-1 + Grandmas Molasses.

Plants grown in Plagron Light-mix organic soiless mix in 11L pots.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

1. Visual Appeal: 6

2. Visible Trichomes: 5

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report.

Clear [] Cloudy [80] Amber [20] Dark [ ]

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown [6] Green [4] Gold [ ] Blue [ ] Grey [ ] White [ ] Red [ ] Rust [4] Orange [ ] Purple [7] Black [ ]

5. Bud density: [5] Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [8] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [2] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ]
Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [6] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [3] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

7. Aroma [9] Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.

8. Seed content [0] Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

9. Weeks cured [12] If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:

Sativa-ish long calyxed bud with few visible trichomes. Colours range from light reds/purples at the tip of the calyx darkening to green/brown at the base. Average number of red/brown/white hairs. Medium density buds, not really airy but some are definitely "thin".

Smell:

Tall pheno: Not much smell at all, maybe a faint generic weed smell

Small pheno: Intense juicy fruit flavour - it smells really really good

1 Week Cure budshot:

12 Week Cure budshots:

==================================================
THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ ]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) [Storz&Bickel Volcano Digit Easy Valve]
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [ ]
Joint (enter brand of papers) [ ]
Other (specify):

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ]
Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [8] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [3] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [X]
Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. Taste [9] Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

4. State of dryness [5] Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. Smoke ability [8] Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

6. Smoke expansion [3] Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:

Taste:

Tall pheno: little taste

Small pheno: tastes how it smells, intense fruityness that makes your mouth water, with a rusty after-taste.

Effect:

This stuff gets me stoned. After a few bags and (10 minutes later) you it gives a heavy/pressure feeling behind the eyes by the temples. It really affects my speech process and I often find myself mixing my words or losing the ability to articulate clearly. Mostly in the head, heavy but high.

With a reload and another few bags, I find it a bit racy but still a very dull stony/foggy high that will make time fly if you're not careful.

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. Dosage [1 bowl approx 0.3g and 3 bags at 374f] Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. Effect onset [3] Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. Sativa influence [6] Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. Indica influence [6] Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

5. Potency [8] Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. Duration [2] Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. Tolerance build up [3] Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability [ ] Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [1] Day - work [1] Evening - relax [9] Night - sleep [1]

9. Overall satisfaction [4] Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10.Ability and conditions [6] Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. [No]

12.Rate the noticeable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.

What effect did the strain have check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT

[P] [2] Ability to rest or sit still
[P] [2] Anxiety relief
[2] [N] Appetite
[3] [N] Audio perception
[P] [N] Humor perception
[P] [N] Imagination/creativity
[P] [N] Paranoia relief
[P] [N] Sex drive
[P] [2] Sleep
[P] [N] Pain relief
[P] [5] Speech process
[3] [N] Taste perception
[P] [N] Thought process
[P] [N] Visual perception

FINAL COMMENTS:

Well, I've got to admit I'm a bit disappointed. After hearing so much about Cheese and all the hype surrounding it I was keen to try out these seeds. They're pretty cheap which is a plus, 5/5 germinated but only 2/5 were female. The strain is a light feeder. One plant was almost twice the height of the other and had very little flavour. The other had a strong fruity flavour that although is very enjoyable, is not cheesy.

Medium yield after flowering for almost 12 weeks (83 days) but with little uniformity between plants.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys. I admit it was a shame as I had hoped to sample a bit of the cheese flavour. I've still got another 5 beans left, so later in the year I'll give them a run and come back with a little update. :wave:

G

You can check my posts all the way back to my saying hello and I'll never say anything sucked, its just not nice but the cheese I grew from seed last year, well maybe they were some of those "outdoor" only type......Chaco. :joint:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi Sammet !!

Nice report, nice picts ! thanks a lot for sharing !

++

G

Great report, shame the plants didn't turn out like the original, just cut some Cheese myself recently, gave it the full 3 week flush as suggested by truecannablis (who grows absolutely awesome Cheese) and it's really worked out great, the smell and taste are both off the scale, much better than my previous Cheese runs. So it's a sad case of needing the real cut to get the real Cheese. Hope the real cut finds it's way to you Sammet, if you're in the UK, rop me a PM, perhaps I can point you in the right direction to Cheesy goodness.

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
Hi Sammet-thanks for the detailed and accurate report-and great pics

i agree with your opinion on the bud-but particularly like the metalic aftertaste that coats the mouth/throat after smoking-which reminds me of Kush.
BBC

sorry about your dissapointment on not finding the cheesy pheno-there isn't one mate,
Exodus cut

regards
eddieS

G

but particularly like the metalic aftertaste that coats the mouth/throat after smoking

I've always associated metallic aftertastes with overferted/underflushed buds, unflushed bud often leaves an aftertaste like you've been sucking a penny.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
I've always associated metallic aftertastes with overferted/underflushed buds, unflushed bud often leaves an aftertaste like you've been sucking a penny.
it's a different thing GP. I know what you're talking about-a sort of chemical metal tang you sometimes get with over ferted weed. This is different-i think it may be a particular terpene that you get with certain Afghan/Kushes. Eg the local Kush cut, when grown well, has it too v strong-even when grown by the organic soil gurus.

eddieS

G

Cheers for explaining that Eddie, I've never had any smoke that tasted like that, only metallic/chemical/copper tasting commersh crap.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The report was done using a vaporiser - I've never heard of an incorrect flush taste (metallic/chemical) being tasted through a vaporiser. And they were fully flushed as I grew it myself :wink:

G

Must be a terpene then, most likely comes from the Afghan BB used to make his Cheese.

Hey Sammet, I've admred your grows for ages mate, so I'm sure it was well grown and well flushed, please don't think I'm knocking your work in any way, when I mentioned the flushing thing I was just throwing an idea into the air for discussion as I've not experienced that kind of taste myself.

B

BeAn

Things are gonna stink for ya real soon man, roots, we have roots....need envalopes...:D

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No problems mate, I wasn't getting defensive or anything - the metallic taste isn't there with the taller pheno (the one with little flavour) but it's there with the fruity one. It tends to be more apparent on higher vap settings, up in the 380s.

It's an odd thing for sure. It's not a bad taste, and it's not overpowering but it's there underneath the fruit. Eddie seems to be on the right track, it says on the pack that the male used was an afghan, but then I've never come across this metallic/coppery taste in the few strains I've grown.

Edit: BeAn - snuck that one in there - completely slipped my mind, sounds like good news :wink:

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After a kind donation, I now find myself in possession of the real UK Cheese cut :yes: When I get a chance to try her I'll come back and post my thoughts comparing the BB version to the real deal. At first glance, the cuttings have a similar appearance to the BB cheese, but it's all about the flavour (so I've been told - it'll be good to see what all the fuss is finally about) :wave:

G

Congrats on getting the real deal. It's a shame everyone who's been jibbed by the fake Cheese can't get hold of the real cut.

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
hmm, that looks absolutley nothing like the big buddah cheese ive been getting...

i must of got good lucky because all my 10 seeds turned out to be females, i chose 4 keep as mothers and budded the other 6, there somewhere around 45 days and look nothing like yours,seems like u got the sativa end of it all 10 of mine are more on the indica side and stink like crazy, i think its gonna be some real fire each one of the six has a differnt look and smell but all look like indica domment, keep tring ull find the killer pheno