What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ok, Cali. has legal cannabis, but now is the time to imprison more people than ever!

shaggyballs

Veteran
Gov. Jerry Brown proposed Friday to create five teams in the state attorney general’s office to investigate California’s black market for marijuana after firms that received state licenses complained they are being undercut by the illicit growers and sellers.

Brown allocated $14 million to “target illegal cannabis activity.

So all of you that said to vote yes to legalization saying it is time to keep people out of prison for a plant, were just a bit decieved by the whole thing.

You see legalization is not keeping people out of prison it is putting more of them in prison.
I did try and warn folks this was going to happen but ya'll just called me chicken little.

Well watch out it looks like the sky may really be falling on those in Cali.

The war on home growing is next and comming to a state near you!
Vote no to legalize cannabis or else!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Moonbeam is a "tool of the govt., and industry too"...

Legalization, as it is happening, is all about the fees collected and the tax revenues...

Easy7

Veteran
You still have a lot more protections legal than in illegal states. So enjoy those protections. Did you all really expect a grateful dead lot scene when legal? These are rule and order people, that's what they do.

But you can now have seeds without med cards
You can order lights and stuff without fear
You can smoke and smell like weed

Boohoo you can't have a huge black market grow and have to work. 200 grams here is prison!

KONY

Veteran
One thing the average grower doesnt realize or want to is that these people that voted for legalization don't give two fucks about people that are put in prison for growing illegally (in an area where legal growing is an "option").

soil margin

Veteran
Did you all really expect a grateful dead lot scene when legal? These are rule and order people, that's what they do.

But you can now have seeds without med cards
You can order lights and stuff without fear
You can smoke and smell like weed

Boohoo you can't have a huge black market grow and have to work.

You sound like a freedom hating douchebag. I already did all of those things without fear. Legalization has provided nothing but taxes and licensing fees. You can't even legally have more than 6 plants in your house. The laws are complete bullshit and EVERYONE who isn't a stooge for the big corporations and govt knows it.

Easy7

Veteran
I'm not going to read your crazy rant. But I got to 'freedom hating' and that's what YOU all are doing. You hate the fact you have some freedoms, that most of the nation does not.

Here, a pack of seeds can get a conspiracy charge. You have more legal cover to do illegal things as well. Sorry it's not a full on orgy of growing as much as you want and getting rich. Too bad for you!

If you all put as much effort into changing laws as you do complaining, crying and being over all selfish and unpleasant. Who'd know what would occur?

Easy7

Veteran
I'd bet you all would complain about paying taxes on winning the lotto. You have far more freedoms than I do. Yet you cry and cry and cry about having a better situation than most of the nation.

I'd lose my driving privileges for having a pipe. Some states still lock people up for a long time, for a tiny bit of weed or some papers. So how about helping out those people in those states so they can be little bitches and cry like little girls like you all.

Easy7

Veteran
The market cannot handle every college drop out in the nation moving to cali with stoner dreams of making a living growing weed.

You all want a free for all legal model, yet then complain about low prices. For one, few do something unique for the market.

Growing weed is easy, anyone can do it and far too many do for a living. It's not even legal to brew more than 200 gallons of beer a year. It's hardly enough for even a moderate drinker, just 2 beers a day. Yet people brew more. If you want to sell, go legal. There's a legal path to that.

If you have a rap sheet, I'm in the same boat. But would be happy to have a home grow that's way less illegal. So sorry your stoner fantasy wasn't real!

green404

Your thread title is deceptive. Low grade fear mongering.

The real issue is cannabis is legal now.. and illegal growers and are disappointed that they will no longer make an easy living growing a weed small scale.

Sorry cannabis is legal, your game of reaping money from illegal grows is over time to get a job or find a new illegal activity to make a living from.

Easy7

Veteran
I was never into growing for a living or even getting back grow costs. Not relying on rip off dealers was the goal. No more brick, no more pcp laced weed, no more running out at bad times.

Just comes across as a bunch of spoiled kids crying about not enough free money from parents.

P

Pinnate

I was never into growing for a living or even getting back grow costs. Not relying on rip off dealers was the goal. No more brick, no more pcp laced weed, no more running out at bad times.
Yeah E7, me too ─ but I often wonder what life'd be like had Anslinger never existed or had someone the foresight to 'take him out' before he conjured up his fucking "Tax Act" shite!

Jeez! Imagine the advances medicine would have made, by now...just for starters...?

Aaarrrgh! Imagine not being able to occasionally vent on ICMAG...?

theJointedOne

Veteran
Gov. Jerry Brown proposed Friday to create five teams in the state attorney general’s office to investigate California’s black market for marijuana after firms that received state licenses complained they are being undercut by the illicit growers and sellers.

Brown allocated $14 million to “target illegal cannabis activity.

So all of you that said to vote yes to legalization saying it is time to keep people out of prison for a plant, were just a bit decieved by the whole thing.

You see legalization is not keeping people out of prison it is putting more of them in prison.
I did try and warn folks this was going to happen but ya'll just called me chicken little.

Well watch out it looks like the sky may really be falling on those in Cali

The war on home growing is next and comming to a state near you!
Vote no to legalize cannabis or else!

Thanks for the post, as always every non CA person in here thinks they know more than those of use been doing it for decades, and before us our fathers mothers uncle and aunts were establishing this culture in this fine state...bc not all of us are green rushers new to ca...some of us its all we know.

!4 million isnt huge, but it is significant. Even if 14 counties got a million thats a boost to a bunch of assholes.

FWIW i did not vote for prop 64, it was evident it was written and supported by those who had mostly their own personal gain in mind, under the guise of 'legality'.

Easy7

Veteran
They are never going to legalize crime family's operations. That was never the intent of any movement to legalize. The legal intent was protection for a average toking jill and joe. Not protection for hippy mafia or rainbow family.

It takes a long time compared to an induviduals life span, to change culture. Not everyone is going to drop acid and drop out of the social brainwashing. These are rules and regs people, because it gives them power. If you want power, gotta play by the rules. Nothing of amy subject is 100% legal. There are laws governing everything. There books and books of laws regarding growing apples. So why would cannabis be simply legal, flat out across the board?

green404

Thanks for the post, as always every non CA person in here thinks they know more than those of use been doing it for decades, and before us our fathers mothers uncle and aunts were establishing this culture in this fine state...bc not all of us are green rushers new to ca...some of us its all we know.

Your "culture" of contraband money is coming to an end and over.

Millions/Billions of people are now going to enjoy legal cannabis.. We can walk into a store and buy it for a reasonable price= a non-inflated contraband price. We can grow a few plants in our basements or yards and not have to worry about storm troopers kicking in our doors.

Sorry about your loss of profit, actually I am not sorry. The freedom of billions of people is much more important then the profit of a few illegal growers.

If illegal contraband and growing is "all we know" then you guys have to switch products like the Mexican cartels have done.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Regardless of ridiculus laws it is the same plant regardless of who grows it. Any law that makes it easier for someone to profit while making it challenging or illegal for others its just plain bullshit.

If your operation is safe and up to code. If you are willing to pay taxes. And if your product can test cleam and free of contaminates. Their should be no law seperating who is allowed to profit off this plant.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Your "culture" of contraband money is coming to an end and over.

Millions/Billions of people are now going to enjoy legal cannabis.. We can walk into a store and buy it for a reasonable price= a non-inflated contraband price. We can grow a few plants in our basements or yards and not have to worry about storm troopers kicking in our doors.

Sorry about your loss of profit, actually I am not sorry. The freedom of billions of people is much more important then the profit of a few illegal growers.

If illegal contraband and growing is "all we know" then you guys have to switch products like the Mexican cartels have done.

meh, i think you just salty..404..Atlanta? just a guess.

You don't know anything about my financial situation, or that of i'd say 99.9999999% of the growers here in California. So please keep you assumptions to yourself.

Im not rich, never have been, I come from a blue collar family, 5 generations of northern Californian folks. I never got rich off weed, i think most i ever made in a year was 70k, that was years ago. I think managers at grocery stores make more than that.

Ive always had a funny paradox of getting amazing opportunities with horrible employers, and due to my personality, I tend to get taken advantage of more than id like. So when I grew literally tons of outdoor organic in the triangle, I never got rich off it, well...i never got rich with dollars, but i did get rich with knowledge and experiences, of which the value to me has no dollar sign next to it. So if someone approaches me and wants to grow X amount of cannabis, I can do that for them from seed to turkey bag.

Also you speak of freedoms, brother ive been in a white and black jumpsuit, shackles around ankles and wrists, faced serious time but luckily had a judge that was tired of seeing me locked up and decided It was time to let me out. My best friend lost EVERYTHING INCLUDING CHILDREN to the feds/cps. Ive seen surveillance photos from the feds of my car way back in the day bc my buddies farm was under investigation. So dont insinuate that I care about money more than cannabis freedom. Cannabis is a cornerstone on the foundation of my life and the man I am proud to be today. No one wants to see legality more than me...but what we got here in ca aint legality...sorry to bust your out of state bubble.

I dont mean to rant , and this will be the last post from me in this thread and others, as it makes sense to me now, this is the internet, and most of you guys dont have any idea how things work here. Be like if i was on a thread about the regional wine market in southern France...sure i have a basic idea of how things work, grow, etc etc..but do you think id act like I knew what the actual vinters/growers/processors etc deal with there? no way.

:tiphat:

green404

You don't know anything about my financial situation, or that of i'd say 99.9999999% of the growers here in California. So please keep you assumptions to yourself.

I grew up around agriculture. Real professional growers switch crops when when a crop becomes not profitable.

You guys had a one trick pony. You grew a weed that was illegal so it sold for a lot. Now.. the illegal is gone so is the easy money.

In small ag people change crops all the time due to market prices and trends that's how people survive the industry.

Evolve or go work for someone that has a real grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts