What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

Did you keep it open or did you have it closed?

open, alls well I was just saying that it does have a little odor but I feel totally comfortable carrying a duggout - something that I've been scared forever. Also, If I smoke in an open area no one seems to notice the dankness. I did get busted out after taking a hit in a bathroom - but smoke is smoke and it's always going to seem odd in a bathroom.

I finally got an 8 cup french press at target and I'm going to be using it from now on - seems like the perfect solution for doing small amounts without worrying about keeping everything underwater.

You know, it just hit me that maybe cramming everything in the french press might not be the best idea but I guess I'll just keep trying a little more each time to see if it affects it, I guess there's gotta be a sufficient amount of water vs. bud to properly leech - hence the cooler idea at the beginning of this thread - maybe it's best not to try to re invent the wheel! All of my brainstorming has revolved around finding some way to keep them under water easily.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
You know, it just hit me that maybe cramming everything in the french press might not be the best idea but I guess I'll just keep trying a little more each time to see if it affects it, I guess there's gotta be a sufficient amount of water vs. bud to properly leech - hence the cooler idea at the beginning of this thread - maybe it's best not to try to re invent the wheel! All of my brainstorming has revolved around finding some way to keep them under water easily.

There's certainly no need to cram anything... you could fit at least 20g in the french presses I've seen without cramming anything in there. You just need a container you can drain without disturbing the buds too much, that isn't sealed. Lots of things will work...

Gold123

I use quart mason jars with 4-5 holes punched in the top, I fill them up with RO water right to the brim the lid holds the bud down and it's easy to pour out through the holes no messing around. A case of12 quart Kerr or Ball mason jars are 10 bucks at Wally's

I use quart mason jars with 4-5 holes punched in the top, I fill them up with RO water right to the brim the lid holds the bud down and it's easy to pour out through the holes no messing around. A case of12 quart Kerr or Ball mason jars are 10 bucks at Wally's

First, I just did another strain and no smell so it mustve just been that one. I used the jar last time and while it is a foolproof system, I liked the tidyness of the frenchpress. But, if I'm doing more than one strain at a time I'll definitely use the jars as back up. I just like the idea of being able to be 100% sure that everything is below the water line all the time.

Gold123

First, I just did another strain and no smell so it mustve just been that one. I used the jar last time and while it is a foolproof system, I liked the tidyness of the frenchpress. But, if I'm doing more than one strain at a time I'll definitely use the jars as back up. I just like the idea of being able to be 100% sure that everything is below the water line all the time.

Remember to keep your jars in the dark too
I fill my jars and pour the h2o right up to over flowing and when I screw on the lids everything is below water

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Like I said back in the beginning of this thread, the easiest way I've found is a large drain type cooler, and thin fry baskets to keep the buds underwater.

yeah< it was just easier to use the french press for me - do you have to go to rest supply to get a fry basket? I bet the extra surface area in the cooler can't hurt.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Got my baskets @ WalMart

There are also great ones in the camping section, made for grilling fish over a campfire. Have to cut the handles off tho, nothing a pair of snips can't fix :D