What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ituri Noire

lLucky

Is this strain real and is there any one out there who has it? Exotic color has always interested me and I'd really like to have a strain like this, did a search on here and didn't see anything.

lLucky

Nobody?

Attachments

• black5.jpg
    black5.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 54
  • black3.jpg
    black3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 56

Happy Times

Looks interesting, first thought was some kind of Purple Haze- related strain, but looks almost too black for that maybe

lLucky

Yeahhh its black, that's what it's known for and why I'm interested.. There's a couple threads about it online, and from what I've read it IS a real thing, just rare...

burningfire

Veteran
I wasn't going to touch this thread because I am hype averse. but here goes.

Any dark green plant that turns purple in cold weather will look black.

this one started going black

There are a few threads about it and seeds sold as black poison by some seed bank using the same pictures. I've even seen claims by someone that it came from King Solomon's garden... it's just a bunch of bs hype to try and make money.

So if you want tall tales then go ahead.

lLucky

I understand what you're saying but there's a difference between genetics and plants turning dark because of the cold

Black Poison seems to be a totally different strain from what I can see.

I've grown very dark, near black plants myself, but I still find the plant in that image to be very very interesting

burningfire

Veteran
yes, black poison is another strain but what I meant is that I have seen a seedbank using the picture you posted to sell seeds. this happens a lot in the industry.

The pics you posted are interesting for sure but everything surrounding ABM and Ituri Noire are mostly tall tales and people hyping up mythical strains to stroke their ego or pad their wallets.

I am going to try and track down some pics of a oth purple haze BX that had a very interesting structure that reminded me of what you posted.

therevverend

Veteran
The original stories of this strain date back to the 60s and 70s, it's impossible to connect any current cultivar to the plant that was originally described. There's quite a few strains that turn black as they mature, not because of cold but from genetics. Some of them are excellent but I haven't seen any Congolese varieties that do this. The ones I've seen that turn dark colors were all crosses, usually with Afghani type genetics which are generally more prone to color change then African types. I'm not an expert on African strains I know there's people who have seen much more then I have.

I wonder if the plant itself really turned black or if it was from the curing process. I know there's pictures but they could be anything. I've only smoked ganja from Africa on a few occasions, I'm on the other side of the world. I've grown and smoked African cultivars grown out here but most of the time I've been disappointed, the reputation far exceeding the actual effects. However some of the best ganja I've ever smoked (and I have a stoner friend who considers it the best he's ever tried) was 'chocolate African'. I'm sure it wasn't naturally dark brown, it was the cure that caused it to turn that color. It didn't look like any ganja I've seen before or since. I was already baked from smoking numerous bowls of excellent stuff all day but the bowl of African put me on another level. It wasn't 'Ituri Noire' or any other famous variety, I can't remember where it came from but it was brought back to the USA by a college student. Passed it around in a group of 8 or 9 people on the UW campus. I'll always remember it.

HillBillyAlien

It just depends on the Genetics, Pheno, and Temp.

baaba879 On IG

76884946_3390375741033656_2043327591505270198_n.jpg

^ This is in the Afghan Region

Its not something that ever single pheno can have happen.

That strain is probably special in some way for sure but if you just want it for the possibility of it being black then you can get it else where aswell :p

therevverend

Veteran
picture.php
Here's a picture from my harvest last year. The strain is OG Kush x Sour Diesel x Cindy 99 x F15 Blueberry x Chemdawg. There's certainly strains that breed true to dark colors, where every seed will produce dark colored plants in cool or warm conditions. For instance my old purple Hawaiian strain would turn black grown indoors. With orange hairs and green colored resin. The most beautiful plant I've seen, I wish I was less paranoid in those days and had taken pictures.

Myitchynips

Is this strain real and is there any one out there who has it? Exotic color has always interested me and I'd really like to have a strain like this, did a search on here and didn't see anything.
Hey! So sorry to revive ancient history lmao I, too, am searching for Ituri Noire. I was wondering if you ever found it. My initial searches are telling me it’s a chemovar that’s also known ”Black African Magic”. This looks to be hype trains colliding tho. Did you have any luck?

*edited for spelling

Latest posts

Latest posts