What's new

Continuous Readout ph probe

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello IC, does anyone have a recommendation for a continuous readout ph probe? I want to be able to constantly monitor the ph of my dwc and I have no idea what to go with. I feel like every affordable one has terrible reviews, some have no reviews and then there are outrageously expensive ones. I want to get a few so id love to know which ones are accurate and worth purchasing. I appreciate any feedback!

sshz

BlueLab Combo meter...............absolutely the most important piece of equipment I use.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BlueLab Combo meter...............absolutely the most important piece of equipment I use.

Awesome! I saw that unit and its spendy. I need fuckin 6 of them. If i want to monitor each res anyhow. Thanks so much!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any ph meter will work. Its the probes that are iffy. None of the cheap probes are made for constant use. There meant fro single use than put in storage solution until needed. I just leave mine in the nutrient drum. Ive had some last a few months and some last a year.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any ph meter will work. Its the probes that are iffy. None of the cheap probes are made for constant use. There meant fro single use than put in storage solution until needed. I just leave mine in the nutrient drum. Ive had some last a few months and some last a year.

Ive had my fair share of pens etc. ive had them all, cheapie vivosuns, hanna and bluelab. Im over the one time checks. I just want a constant readout on each res and im willing to spend on it just would love to find like a 100 dollar one i stead of 200!! I know people do this for their aquariums and ponds etc

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a reef tank. The PH was the other end 8-8.5... Just don't get bummed when the probe fails after only a few months, some will do that. A meter is a better option than pens.. The problem will always be the probes no matter what you use. Blue labs are not that cheap. I use Blue lab Guardians. If all you need is ph look into Milwaukee 716690. Any Milwaukee meter will work fine.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a reef tank. The PH was the other end 8-8.5... Just don't get bummed when the probe fails after only a few months, some will do that. A meter is a better option than pens.. The problem will always be the probes no matter what you use. Blue labs are not that cheap. I use Blue lab Guardians. If all you need is ph look into Milwaukee 716690. Any Milwaukee meter will work fine.
Ph all im worried about!
Thanks Hammer!:good: