What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Barn Buildout

Fixer

Go 24" OC. You'll save time and material. You can build a multi story building with 2x4s and 24" framing and you don't need it to be structural as you have the shell already. Take the time to select your framing lumber. The straighter it is in every direction the easier it is to work with.

If you're building against the exterior walls check to see if they're plumb. If they tip in at the top snap the lines for the bottoms of your walls far enough in so your new walls can be plumb. I put a 20A four receptacle outlet about every 6'-8', 48" off of the floor. It seems like the correct number. Some of them stay full, some of them are good for wall fans and vacuuming out the flood tables, etc.

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
18k BTU mini split ordered .Ill see how many watts I can safely cool but hoping for 2400 to 3200 watts leds.

Room will first serve as a drying room for outdoor plants

I think you will be ok with 3200, you might struggle in the summers. Insulation is your friend, even if it itches like a mo fo.

packerfan79

Veteran
I don't think I will have plants flowering indoors all year, its just to hot.

The more I see the market shift and what the summer/fall brings where Im at, probably makes the most sense. I always loved the idea of giant plants, but I'm ready to change. Big plants have shown big deficit in the area of bugs. I can't physically get in to the interior to spray which I think gives some bugs a big leap on infestation. Tight, orderly rows of small plants would be so much easier to manage. Easier to manage the canopy. Easier to manage watering cycles/ ensuring wet and dry periods. I think harvest would be way easier as well.

If all goes to plan, I'd like to do a 24x30 Light Dep. Found a place I can buy one all ready to go. I'm sure I can do it DIY for less, just don't know if I'll have time. The kit is reasonably priced. It will fit perfect where part of my garden is now. I plan on reusing the 12 yards of soil I've got now so would less of a bill for that. Re-amend, and recharge it. Been reading up on Light Dep threads from the past. Spray sulfur through veg religously. For my own life I want to aim for a harvest in mid July. If it was good quality It would be so much more valuable then my normal stuff ready in October/November. I don't think I'll do full term outdoor plants next year. I'd grow indoor fall thru spring.

For the 24x35 Light Dep I'm thinking 90 plants. 20 or 30 gal fabric pots. Possibly long beds but I think it would be safer to do the pots.

90 plants a 5-6oz each would be my goal. If I could do that, I'd be content. Could do a second round of plants if I had them vegging already. Get them plugged in and do a round from Late July to October. But I think one early summer harvest and then just indoor rest of the year.

Happy Saturday to everyone

I used to take the summers off and swing for the fences during the rest of the year. I had so many rough summer crops with hps, I just couldn't take another failed crop, due to summer heat.

Just a heads up sulfur will destroy your leds. My buddy works at a recreational grow. They were spraying sulfur, all of a sudden the individual diodes started sparking and popping. This went on for hours, they checked the video. 300k in leds all ruined. Now they have to replace all the veg lights. Amazingly he still has a job.

Fixer

Looking good gsxr97! Packerfan79 do you know if your friend sprayed the diodes directly with sulfur of was it some type of off gassing? I spray it in my veg room where I have both T5s and LEDs. I don't use it once they hit the flower room but the rooms are right next to each other. :chin:

packerfan79

Veteran
Looking good gsxr97! Packerfan79 do you know if your friend sprayed the diodes directly with sulfur of was it some type of off gassing? I spray it in my veg room where I have both T5s and LEDs. I don't use it once they hit the flower room but the rooms are right next to each other. :chin:

I believe it was overspray.

Gone Camping

I used to take the summers off and swing for the fences during the rest of the year. I had so many rough summer crops with hps, I just couldn't take another failed crop, due to summer heat.

I also take summers off, i appreciate the break. I run in a detached garage and winter temps can swing big here some day's.. so i'm always checking and adjusting.

I picked up some cobs but i still need AC to run through warmer months. HID in the colder..

gsxr97.. looking forward to following..

Fixer

What are you looking for in a strain? There are so many. I just want some that are easy to grow and yield well. :chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts