What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

89 Super Skunk f4’s landed !

Bud Jones

I got half a chub over these .. I was in the right place at the right time .. Can’t wait to see what phenos are in there .
picture.php

Bud Jones

That's when SS was good
I was thinking I could attempt to recreate ECSD. Note I said attempt lol . I’m just a chucker with a good eye for detail lol . Wouldn’t that be Super Skunk /Chem 91 ?? Anywhoo these should be nice . I miss the old day ..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I was thinking I could attempt to recreate ECSD. Note I said attempt lol . I’m just a chucker with a good eye for detail lol . Wouldn’t that be Super Skunk /Chem 91 ?? Anywhoo these should be nice . I miss the old day ..

yeah it should be good cross. you miss good portion of Northern Lights in the recipe and maybe some hawaiian LOL but even if you have it, forget about recreation... good luck with seeds though. I grew so many super skunks before 2000 that I cant smoke it anymore. ECSD is my favorite though.

Bud Jones

What you need to do is an open pollination to not lose that line again. Then go play around.
Facts . I’m maxed on space .. I want to do an open pollination with the Puck Yeah too . Find a Skelly leaner and hit it with the SS jizz . I’m hard pressed of late to find someone trustworthy to co-op with . I’m working on it .. Might get a dedicated breeding tent or do it outside for a seed increase . I don’t want to fire up the big Gavitas , I’m thinking my T5 would work ok .

Bud Jones

yeah it should be good cross. you miss good portion of Northern Lights in the recipe and maybe some hawaiian LOL but even if you have it, forget about recreation... good luck with seeds though. I grew so many super skunks before 2000 that I cant smoke it anymore. ECSD is my favorite though.
Lol true true . I forgot about the Hawaiian and NL theory . Does anyone really know for sure ? Half the fun will be dicking about with these you know . I finally got access to the Chem 4 ... 91 I’m doing my best to get .. I was told a hard no regarding that but I’m persistent hehe ..

JetLife175

Veteran
Lol true true . I forgot about the Hawaiian and NL theory . Does anyone really know for sure ? Half the fun will be dicking about with these you know . I finally got access to the Chem 4 ... 91 I’m doing my best to get .. I was told a hard no regarding that but I’m persistent hehe ..

There were three plants in the room. The 91, the super skunk and the RFK. It’s not much of a guessing game at that point.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
These are from Sensi Seeds? That sounds like a cool project. Being from the west coast I may not have the most knowledge of sour diesel as far as origins and stuff. At least out here in California, around fifteen to twenty years ago, does anyone else think that sour diesel looks like inflated popcorn kernels and sucks? The sour diesel I've seen looks like puffed popcorn, almost exactly like that cereal called smacks with the frog, with not that much resin and a weak high. I'm serious. Maybe there are better growers, or better cuts of east coast piff, haze, sour. The sd I have seen I am not a fan. Good luck with the super skunk :yes:

nickman

Veteran
Are these mass super skunk f4???

I had a chance to test some stuff that’s (Mass Super Skunk x Sour Deisel) x UKchem (OG dom)
The mass SS x SD is from Head Seeds
UKchem from OJD

hellfire

I'm not sure if I would do an open pollination with an F4. The next generation or 2 will be very refined, while an OP would create more seeds to dig through a pollination of males to all females in seperate rounds may be easier to select through. It would take several cycles but each male to all of the females may lock down what you are looking for faster. Find your females and make your best male selection, start with that. Use all the males seperately. You will have a good idea of what your favorite female is by the 2nd male being used. Label and write detailed notes...just my .02c

Fitzera

I'm not sure if I would do an open pollination with an F4. The next generation or 2 will be very refined, while an OP would create more seeds to dig through a pollination of males to all females in seperate rounds may be easier to select through. It would take several cycles but each male to all of the females may lock down what you are looking for faster. Find your females and make your best male selection, start with that. Use all the males seperately. You will have a good idea of what your favorite female is by the 2nd male being used. Label and write detailed notes...just my .02c

The open pollination is to preserve the line as is, before doing selections.

Bud Jones

These are from Sensi Seeds? That sounds like a cool project. Being from the west coast I may not have the most knowledge of sour diesel as far as origins and stuff. At least out here in California, around fifteen to twenty years ago, does anyone else think that sour diesel looks like inflated popcorn kernels and sucks? The sour diesel I've seen looks like puffed popcorn, almost exactly like that cereal called smacks with the frog, with not that much resin and a weak high. I'm serious. Maybe there are better growers, or better cuts of east coast piff, haze, sour. The sd I have seen I am not a fan. Good luck with the super skunk :yes:
Those beans are from 89 . Nevil gave them to the breeder’s friend 10 years ago, the breeder took them to F4...The real ECSD is held by a few different crews on the East coast , mainly Grateful Dead fam . I’ve seen a lot of Cali imposter packs labeled SD , seems to be a lot on misconceptions out there regarding what Sour D is .. But that being said I’m certain that cut has made it to Cali ..

JetLife175

Veteran
RFK is unknown skunk... but story was not about RFK, but about its hybrid DNL = RFK x HAWAIIAN x Northern Lights :D

I spoke with both Keith and AJ on more than a couple occasions about all this and they both independently told me they think it’s 91xSS and i tend to reside in that school of thought as well. The mass super skunk is
A genetic gem and a snapshot of cannabis history, that’s for sure.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I spoke with both Keith and AJ on more than a couple occasions about all this and they both independently told me they think it’s 91xSS and i tend to reside in that school of thought as well. The mass super skunk is
A genetic gem and a snapshot of cannabis history, that’s for sure.

yeah in the end its not so important what is in it. or what is in chem91, I have never grew it, only chemD . but still hard to believe these two plants can create such effect ecsd has.. those guys were there, but they are huge consumers of chemdog buds, and this fact can easily deny authenticity or adequacy of their memories :D

today is northern lights known as low odor bud, but back in the days some versions were really pungent, for example in bubba kush there is pungent stinky NL for sure, as well as in A5 haze. if you ever grow these hybrids you know what old NL smells like approximately, I mean during flowering. I think that I can smell same stink at ecsd when its flowering.. its just speculation. hope my post is fun to read and dont disturb you anyhow...

edit: I don't personally give a F about phylos.. but I read dank.frank´s post where he stated that phylos shows that ecsd is genetically closer to chem4 than to chem91.. it will stay mystery anyway :D

Latest posts

Latest posts