What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why does Instagram keep removing my dried bud pics?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'm new to IG, and I only opened an account there because people have been telling me I should have a presence there for my consulting business... I'm not selling anything, and I haven't claimed to be. They just keep flagging my posts that contain photos of dried, cured buds. Is that a rule or something? All I know is they keep claiming to be flagging me because of the rule of "selling marijuana" or some shit.

Any ideas? Is that the case? Just the dried and cured pics get flagged? It has happened twice now, and both times contained a photo of the dried and cured end result.

Edit: So after I typed up this post, I went back to IG and discovered that *another* post I made prior to the last one was removed. Good lord! But then a few minutes after that they reinstated both posts. Is this their way of dissuading people from posting the pics in the first place? Will I have to go through this song and dance every time I make a post there? Any long time IG'ers have any info? I "reported a bug" to them, explaining what's going on, but I don't expect them to get back to me. I don't expect them to even consider this a bug.

N

New_gorilla

Loads of people share there buds on IG don't know why they're ganging up on you. Ig is just being nasty to you.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
But I only have two followers so far, and one of them is dubi from Ace! So weird.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Holy crap this is exhausting. They are literally removing *every* single post I make, at an average of about 25 seconds after I make the post. I then hit that button requesting a review, and they always repost it a few seconds later with a message that the review concluded that it doesn't violate community standards, so they reposted it

Literally. Every. Single. Post.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Somebody is purposely flagging them. That's the problem with the internet, it lets fucktards get away with being fucktards with 0 repercussions.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well I did start up my hashtag game so I'm guessing that more people are seeing these posts, but at first I don't think anyone was seeing them. My very first post before even having a single follower, and minus the inclusion of hashtags, was removed in less than 30 seconds too.

I don't get it. And if it is someone flagging it, what a fucking dick.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ Thanks for finding that. I've been wasting my time trying to find a contact email for someone at Instagram. That theory seems to be supported by my experience.

I hate dragnet operations. Lazy ass programming.

Latest posts

Latest posts