What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Honduras Haze limited edition

OZZ_

Veteran
I think it has to do with the OTH selections. The green haze dubi uses does finish flower a few weeks sooner than the purple OTH. Purple is a higher yielded IMO and the effect isn’t as crystal clear as the green pheno.

I’m sure that’s the case. It seems pretty common that in many cannabis strains While the purple or more colorful phenos are beautiful... they don’t always have the quality of affect that the green phenos do. Not that this happens all the time but it seems to be quite common.

Regardless both of these look stellar, and with better yield too.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Any idea how long it takes for plants from seeds to show sex at 12/12? It's been 10 days and nothing yet...

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Feel like I have a female incoming (15 days since 12/12) :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• PurpleHondurasHaze_01.jpg
    PurpleHondurasHaze_01.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 70

rolandomota

I'm going to veg for two months and finish in 3 gallons I'm going for Max height and weight no topping wish me luck i got 12 going I'm thinking 3 to 6 ounce a plant something like that about 6 female or eight hopefully damn imagine 2 three pounds of this stuff I think I will like it for sure it's the kind of weed I like I
Let's see what happens indoors synthetic nutrients mostly

I mixed some Coco and perlite in potting soil right around 60 soil 30 coco 10 perlite 1000 watt for flower most likely or 600 super lumens if it starts burning
I'm at week two from sprouts yes I want giant Jack in the bean stock indoors haze yes sir

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I'm going to veg for two months and finish in 3 gallons I'm going for Max height and weight no topping wish me luck i got 12 going I'm thinking 3 to 6 ounce a plant something like that about 6 female or eight hopefully damn imagine 2 three pounds of this stuff I think I will like it for sure it's the kind of weed I like I

I mixed some Coco and perlite in potting soil right around 60 soil 30 coco 10 perlite 1000 watt for flower most likely or 600 super lumens if it starts burning
I'm at week two from sprouts yes I want giant Jack in the bean stock indoors haze yes sir

Good luck. I expect indoor monsters with a two month veg.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you very much for supporting our work again OZZ ;)

Most prefer the Green Hazes for their most energetic, clear and extroverted effects, but Purple Haze is also highly appreciated, obviously for its amazing colors, but also for its unique terpene profile.

Both Green Honduras Haze and Purple Honduras Haze limited editions are very faithful to the pure Oldtimer's Haze parent plants, their terpenes, effects and overall to their tropical sativa personality, but they are much better yielding than straight Oldtimer's Haze thanks to Honduras influence and hybrid vigor.

These two crosses are very appealing to me. After reading the descriptions it’s interesting that the Green Honduras Haze has a shorter, more compact structure... but at the same time has cleaner and clearer effects than the purple Honduras haze (even if just slightly more so).

It seems like typically the more tropical the structure, the cleaner and clearer the effects.

I ended up buying a pack of both because I couldn’t decide. I really love the idea of a purple haze and one day I must try pure purple haze, but the description of the affects of both the purple and green Honduras haze seem perfect, and if the green version is more compact and more manageable on an indoor grow that makes it all the better. I’m very curious to see how long these take to flower out indoors under LEDs. Anxious to see someone run them, I won’t be able to until next year.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rolandomota,

Glad to hear you already have 12 Purple Honduras Haze going :)
I would recommend to veg them from seed in small pots for 2 months or until they naturally show their gender, then take clones and prepare accordingly the flowering indoors with small clones.

rolandomota

Nope I hate small plant I don't clone I'm currently in one gallon and will transfer to 3 at least two weeks before flip top dress with new soil at the end of stretch I want big plants big big bigger I have grown these kinds of long flower sativa's in one gallon no problems three gallon should be easier I don't want to water every day

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Well if you insist :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Keeping her in the flower room until equinox which is in 2 days, then she will be transplanted outdoor. Not really ideal at 55° North but I have a mother growing, so I don't really care what happens to this one. Worst case scenario, I can still MacGyverize a greenhouse in the garden. I'll grow her later along other Haze strains (Panama Haze, Green Haze x Malawi and Nevil's Haze x Panama).

The pre flower is still a bit immature in the pic but looks like is a female! :)

Attachments

• PurpleHondurasHaze_02.jpg
    PurpleHondurasHaze_02.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 62
  • PurpleHondurasHaze_03.jpg
    PurpleHondurasHaze_03.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Purple Honduras Hazer growing in a 3.5 gallon bucket in the greenhouse with a few beans growing from Malawi Gold pollen

The branching on this strain is so beautiful. I went with more pinching than pruning on this one and its handling it nicely.

musigny23

2020 grow

2020 grow

This year I've got a few of these growing. 2020 has been a challenging year. Still there will be some good things. This has been interesting. My three plants of this have been rather low key. They been quietly doing their thing. They kind of snuck up on me as far as flowering goes. Suddenly they were nearing maturity. So I grabbed the camera and got this nice shot showing their Fall colors. Not dark purple but nice shades of various colors including purple. Looking forward to tasting it.

oHT4CyM.jpg
[/IMG]

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi musigny23,

Don't know what you do but all your plants finish much earlier there! :)
Purple Honduras Haze finishes in late November/December here. Hope you have had a great season!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Will be a miracle if I can nurse this one all the way to the finish line, but it's going to be a fun trip. At least we have lift off. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts