What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Caramels

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
2.25 cups brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup cannabutter
Salt to taste
Vanilla or bourbon or both to taste

9x9 pan
Medium saucepan
Whip
Candy thermometer

Melt butter with a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in sugar.

Once dissolved add the corn syrup.

Continue stirring until homogenous then add milk in three phases being sure to incorporate well each time.

Over medium high heat boil stirring well until the mixture is 243-245 degrees Fahrenheit. An interesting fact of sugary syrup is its tendency to stick and burn like all hell... be careful.

This shit will ruin your day. Wear pants.

At this point remove from heat and stir in flavorings, I used a tablespoon of vanilla and maybe two of bourbon, and stir well (you won't want to because stirring sucks and by now you've done too damn much already!).

Pour into greased (I use cannabutter obviously) 9x9 pan and cool completely.

Place in freezer for twenty minutes and cut with a really sharp not sticky knife. Pam spray helps the blade if your caramels didn't get hard (giggity) enough.

I shoot for 36 pieces but they are epic.

49 would be a better batch cut just in case somebody has anything to do for a few hours.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Hard to say as I just eyeball it.

Last batch I had fourish ounces of mixed larf and trim into five pounds butter.

The time before that fivish ounces of mixed larf/trim went into four pounds of butter.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Shouldn't matter oil or butter but I'm not 100%.

My guess is since coco oil is solid at room temp and the moisture is more or less controlled by the heat to which you cook it it would be fine.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
When I reached for the jar of coco oil it wasn't quite solid so I just figured it wouldn't be a good idea... however refrigerated coco oil caramels may be a perfect texture even cold. (Butter makes them very stiff [giggity] in the fridge)

Good tip MJP :tiphat:

But I did another cannabutter batch and cut four long bars from the block and cut each into ten.

With more serious batches of butter I would think one inch pieces would be a good dose.

This batch leaves me with twice that for a single dose.

This tells me a few things...

I made a weak batch of butter.

I need to eat more caramels.

I like caramels.

Where was I going with this....?

Oh yeah.... if, for whatever reason, you are too high to remember salt just sprinkle pink Himalayan salt on the pan as it cools or each piece individually.

starke

Made this recipe today and I must say it is great. Am about a half hour into a 1"x1" piece and beginning to feel the effects. Taste is great as well. Left out the whiskey this time but the next batch will have some for sure. Thanks mean mr.Mustard. This one is a keeper.

This recipe is awesome! Thanks for sharing!:woohoo:
My wife tried a small piece like the size of a big gumball and she was wrecked, laying in a dark room spinning.:covereyes:

picture.php

This stuff is great!:party:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
After making this recipe countless times, I have realized that adding the sweetened condensed milk should be done in smaller increments and over lower heat.

I noticed that I ended up with many darker gooey specks forming if I added the milk too quickly or at too high of a heat level.