What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a Budtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enjoying your job and the atmosphere of work place, makes all the difference in the world,,,I've gotten paid big bucks to work in places that I hated to walk into every day, it sucks big time.

Congrats to Mrs.B for working in a place with harmony and good vibes :tiphat:

Thanks B it really is the best to have a cool boss, tons of people ask to work there, thinking it's really fun, don't get me wrong it is fun but we don't get to sit around getting high all day, we have to listen to a lot of problems and try to figure out what will work the best for them, since everyone is wired so different that it's hard to know what will or won't work.
It might take a few visits to get the right medicine for their individual needs so it can take a long time to ask questions and find out the best remedy.
Then there's the people that just want to get as high as they can lol

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Waiting on them clients that come from the bank so you can stack the loot n go shopping..

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we have to listen to a lot of problems and try to figure out what will work the best for them, since everyone is wired so different that it's hard to know what will or won't work.
It might take a few visits to get the right medicine for their individual needs so it can take a long time to ask questions and find out the best remedy.

Me? I just want to kill the severe arthritic pain in my back, neck & major joints; then as a secondary buzz I like something a bit heady, for a slightly numbing effect on my mind, that helps to carry me through whatever pain can't be quelled otherwise. Cannabis is my only true pain reliever, the aspirin I take everyday are for my heart & to help regulate my bloodstream quality.

Thnx for the stories MrsB, keep on truckin'

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Me? I just want to kill the severe arthritic pain in my back, neck & major joints; then as a secondary buzz I like something a bit heady, for a slightly numbing effect on my mind, that helps to carry me through whatever pain can't be quelled otherwise. Cannabis is my only true pain reliever, the aspirin I take everyday are for my heart & to help regulate my bloodstream quality.

Thnx for the stories MrsB, keep on truckin'

Thanks S4L I'm glad you have found what works for you, I am so happy with the gg4 cut it is what really helps with my anxiety and body aches ....getting some of whoopie goldbergs product next week, she seems to cater to women so I kinda excited to see what she has....

Aota1

Awesome thread! I have a regular that tells me it's not the amount of thc that matters but the type of thc. I've tried to clarify his understanding but he needs to believe it so I let him.

B

Baron Greenback

Thanks Mrs. Babba - with regard to the "private" growers coming in; do you see a higher quality on a smaller scale or do the massive scale commercial growers grow a product that ticks all the boxes?
I think I'd end up going down the more "boutique", smaller scale production as I imagine the varieties are (not necessarily more interesting) rarer and not just the most potent they can be.
I'm a firm believer in the holistic effects of the flower, terpenes must make a difference to the overall effects.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Thanks B it really is the best to have a cool boss, tons of people ask to work there, thinking it's really fun, don't get me wrong it is fun but we don't get to sit around getting high all day, we have to listen to a lot of problems and try to figure out what will work the best for them, since everyone is wired so different that it's hard to know what will or won't work.

Personally it bothers me that celebrities are parlaying their fame for market share. Nelson, Etheridge, Marley, Goldberg. Their net worth combined is almost 250 million dollars. If they really feel that passionate about the weed why not start non profits and help people in need.

I know this post might not be received too well but i am compelled to speak my mind.

Bwanabud

Weird I agree,
Everyone is jumping on the weed money train...but when the commercial/corporate moguls like Phillip Morris jump in the game for real, the whole picture is going to massively change forever.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Personally it bothers me that celebrities are parlaying their fame for market share. Nelson, Etheridge, Marley, Goldberg. Their net worth combined is almost 250 million dollars. If they really feel that passionate about the weed why not start non profits and help people in need.

I know this post might not be received too well but i am compelled to speak my mind.

Especially when I see them pushing 'Marley' brand vape carts that are made in China with unregulated parts/glue/plastic/silica ect. Those disposable carts are made for pennies on the dollar and anyone can go on dhgate and find nearly all of them for dirt cheap. Rebranding and a catchy logo and boom the masses buy them up. Another example is those dam g-pens , seems a lot of urban celebrities have their own Chinese crap gpen now...mmmm lead paint and glue and strange metals and plastic mixed with high heat anyone?

Sorry rant over lol

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
It seems that anyone no matter how noble can be distracted by the instant gratification of wealth

thankfully my integrity isn't that easily bought or sold

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree I wouldn't want some mass produced product either, I hope she has done this for the love of the plant and wants to see people get relief from what ever is ailing them. We will see what she has, I'm not sure what the boss even ordered...like I said I think she concentrates on the female stuff lol

Bwanabud

I must say, never heard of "female" oriented weed ??? sounds like some LA treehugger PITA trendy bullshit to me :biggrin:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol B we have a few products that are especially for women, one is called Soulgasm that women put on their who who lol it's suppose to make it more sensitive lol sold a few but haven't gotten too much feed back on it, thank god lol

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I agree I wouldn't want some mass produced product either, I hope she has done this for the love of the plant and wants to see people get relief from what ever is ailing them. We will see what she has, I'm not sure what the boss even ordered...like I said I think she concentrates on the female stuff lol

Yeah I really wasn't trying to hate because I know the female take is sensitive to your gender and the biological differences that really may benefit from a specific course of cannabinoids and delivery for relief.

I like "that" part of the value add, but I really wish even though I know it really isn't a reality for today's society that more people participate directly and locally than a smaller group of people own businesses that reap the rewards and participate indirectly.

It takes a bit of the accountability and even removes the person who has the most control from the people who are seeking relief. I think being at arms length really keeps integrity high and people balanced and gives far more people a chance at a life where they can make money and afford to live and contribute to the humanity in their community in one fell swoop.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol B we have a few products that are especially for women, one is called Soulgasm that women put on their who who lol it's suppose to make it more sensitive lol sold a few but haven't gotten too much feed back on it, thank god lol

Tell ya what, I'll volunteer to take notes of the feedback for the good of the plant :D

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Great thread, Mrs.B!

Ever get over the kid-in-a-candy-store-feeling? It seems like of course you would eventually, but on the other hand, if new stuff is coming in all the time, then I think it might be tough to do. :biggrin:

Do tenders (employees) get free samples? At least discounted?

The variety. That would be really nice.

I’ve only visited a few dispensaries. And definitely saw some characters. But those visits also changed my perspective of dispensaries... I saw folks in there who clearly would not be able to tend their own garden...

I love the douser story... :biglaugh:

Bwanabud

Has anyone considered that the gentle rapid "application" of said product in the nether region, is what's actually making it "work/effective" ? :biggrin:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread, Mrs.B!

Ever get over the kid-in-a-candy-store-feeling? It seems like of course you would eventually, but on the other hand, if new stuff is coming in all the time, then I think it might be tough to do. :biggrin:

Do tenders (employees) get free samples? At least discounted?

The variety. That would be really nice.

I’ve only visited a few dispensaries. And definitely saw some characters. But those visits also changed my perspective of dispensaries... I saw folks in there who clearly would not be able to tend their own garden...

I love the douser story... :biglaugh:

Yup I love when venders bring in new stuff, I always like to try it, my boss always gives me something new to try, asks me for my feed back, esp when it comes to shatter, she doesn't smoke concentrates so she relies on me to see if it's any good.
A lot of the larger company's will bring samples and gear to give out to our patients, and they come up for the day to explain their stuff and hand out samples and yes I always take what they give out, if I don't like it I know someone who will lol
So many ppl don't know a thing about growing, had an older copuple come in looking at plants a cpl of months ago and they are talking about growing and putting it in the living room like a house plant, have to explain that it doesn't work like that....

Big D

icmagic
Veteran

This is a pic of whoopi after she rubbed it on her who who.

She's a squirter.

Status
Not open for further replies.