What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

DSCN0657.JPG
DSCN0658.JPG
DSCN0664.JPG
DSCN0665.JPG

Last edited:

Kimes

smoking fruits of last season

Durban

View attachment 18978037

PanamaA5

View attachment 18978038
Where's that Durban from ?, if you don't mind me asking. There are so many versions around (at least in seed form, I suspect some xing with indicas on some of them..) and that looks like nothing like most of them I've seen online.. It's a beauty, :love: as usual with anything you grow @MAHA KALA .. ! :D

started Khalifa's 80's Durb my self some time ago, looked really promising and one had a weird albino patterning on some leaves early on.. , but had to abort it due to renovation of the premises... :cry: have to try another time

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Where's that Durban from ?, if you don't mind me asking. There are so many versions around (at least in seed form, I suspect some xing with indicas on some of them..) and that looks like nothing like most of them I've seen online.. It's a beauty, :love: as usual with anything you grow @MAHA KALA .. ! :D

started Khalifa's 80's Durb my self some time ago, looked really promising and one had a weird albino patterning on some leaves early on.. , but had to abort it due to renovation of the premises... :cry: have to try another time
it comes from Mel Frank. Khlaifa´s one is good I am sure.

Mel is also responsible for breeding the Durban Poison line taken to Amsterdam by David Watson founding what became the staple Dutch Durban Poison line. According to Mel, he received the original Durban seeds from Ed Rosenthal who got them out of buds he bought at a coffee shop in Amsterdam. Mel selected and bred the Durban Poison for its potency and its exceptionally early flowering time outdoors. Mel selected two lines, an A and a B line. As Mel has recounted over the years he, unfortunately, gave Watson the less desirable B line by mistake. According to both Mel and Watson, this B line had some hermaphroditism that had bred out of the line before it was commercially viable, it was this line that made it to Amsterdam. The Durban was a fast flowering narrow-leaf drug variety originally known for its sweet anise terp profile.

Mel’s Durban was featured in a number of seed catalogs in the 1980s from Sacred Seeds Cultivators’ Choice 1985 catalog where it appears as South African. In the late 80s, Nevil’s Seed Bank offered the Durban Poison, and later Sensi Seeds and Dutch Passions continued to produce seeds under this name. Mel’s Durban is still available on the commercial seed market, though the Dutch version no longer resembles its former glory, Authentic Genetics has offered pure Durban Poison from Mel’s seed stock (and other offerings from Mel).

Mel’s writings, photography, and publishing helped to inform and capture a generation of cannabis history in real-time as it unfolded through the height of prohibition. As a cannabis breeder, Mel helped to jump-start the international seed industry that emerged in Holland in the mid-80s. Mel is one of a handful of people who have documented and preserved original records of this time period. Mel Frank is someone to whom we all owe an enormous debt of gratitude and thanks.

E11E6781-8C47-4815-97E3-848C3428094B.jpeg

Katrak

you can check out the ACE Seeds subforum here: https://www.icmag.com/forums/ace-seeds.58/

since you are looking for that Haze, they offer some real stuff

just don't know how your brexited ass can get EU seed orders now? u might as well move to Ireland haha
yeh i got access to ace have got there panama haze soaking as we speak.. brexit aint changed nothing as to seed delivery we still get mail after brexit