What's new

Panama Green Pheno Indentification

Irotas

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what the green pheno looks like? Or if anyone has a picture.

I have two phenos one with lighter shade green leaves and thinner and another with darker green leaves that are a little wider. I'm guessing the green pheno is the lighter green shaded plant, but I guess I won't know until I flower them.

From my understanding the green one should make no red pistils, while the red one will grow pink pistils flowering outdoors.

jay sus

green pheno is the one with dark green leaves, bit wider too. pink/red has bit paler and narrower leaves. pink is my favorite. but both are grade A

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Irotas,

Usually Panama pink/red phenotypes have wider and darker leaves, while the green phenotype has thinner leaves of lighter color.

You will know it for sure in the flowering, the green pheno doesn't show pigmentation in late flowering even with cold temps, and the aromas are sweet/woody (old school american sativa taste) in contrast with the lemony fermented and lemony/incensey aromas from the other phenos, more related to the panama red expressions.

You can find good examples of Panama Green in the first pages of the Panama thread, for example in page 2:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=31721&page=2

Hope it helps, dubi

Boss Cocky

Thanks Dubi

Is it possible for a green pheno to have lemony aromas?
Hi Irotas,

I'm not dubi but if you look on the ACE website under Panama breeders pack you will find that their green/purple elite mother has a scent of lemon and incense. More clean and stimulant effects than the red. I'm hoping to find one of these out of my pack. With 10 out of 12 seeds being female I should have a decent chance.

Irotas

Hi Irotas,

I'm not dubi but if you look on the ACE website under Panama breeders pack you will find that their green/purple elite mother has a scent of lemon and incense. More clean and stimulant effects than the red. I'm hoping to find one of these out of my pack. With 10 out of 12 seeds being female I should have a decent chance.

Thanks for the information, I did read that on the website although I wasn't sure when the green elite was used to make their seeds. Mine I believe are from March 2015. Yes you should have a good chance. I noticed Panama must have a high female to male ratio, I tried sexing before they completely showed sex which was a big mistake because some that I thought were male ended up being female.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Do the green pheno's have more fingers on the leaves than the red?

Hi Boss Cocky,

Green Panama older phenos have leaves with lighter color and thinner leaflets. Anyway growing traits like number of leaflets, color and size of the leaves have been completely secondary in the Panama's breeding and reproduction in the latest 4 generations. The main point has always been to keep quality, vigor, resin production, aromas and diversity of the best interesting phenos.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Dubi

Is it possible for a green pheno to have lemony aromas?

Yes of course,

Since Panama is a polyhybrid you can find mixed traits from the different phenos in a single plant. In the latest Panama fem stock the lemony aromas are more frequent because we reversed the Panama 'Goddess' mother to produce the seeds, a parental plant which already has very intense lemony incensey aromas as Boss Cocky pointed out.

Latest posts

Latest posts