What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

weedebook

Yes beautiful colors my friend what was it made from?

I had some Panama cob yesterday from seeds gifted by Buddler.
I was feeling a little down and unmotivated after my 8 hr drive the previous day. Coming down from too much black coffee and Dexies which are the only way I can drive for 8 hrs.

One hour later the world was a beautiful place and a joy to be alive in the best pick me up ever.
made from thai landrace from koh chang. before cure smell like sour mango. after sweat chocolate smell was appears 1 month the smell was chocolate and stronger smell than before. Last month the weather was very hot 38c - 40C no rain. thank for share your knowledge. pretty sue 100 percent thai weed in oldday curing like malawi cob.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
made from thai landrace from koh chang. before cure smell like sour mango. after sweat chocolate smell was appears 1 month the smell was chocolate and stronger smell than before. Last month the weather was very hot 38c - 40C no rain. thank for share your knowledge. pretty sue 100 percent thai weed in oldday curing like malawi cob.
Well in that case you have done an exceptional job my friend.
Please let us know your impressions on the smoke it looks killer from the cross section pics.

1715339485797.jpg

Rastafarout

Premium user
I made a few from very wet 80% to not so wet 20%
The wettest one about 4 day after cut started getting black within hrs
I thought it was going to be mouldy and amonia
opened it 10 days after , it was smelling sweet floral
Touched dried it in the sun 45minute
Closed it , opened it yesterday day 50 to check and reseal
Very nice and smelling stronger
resealed it ….

Mulanje Malawi
IMG_8939.png
IMG_8931.jpeg
IMG_8929.jpeg

funkyhorse

Gday Tangwena
I hope you have enjoyed your fishing trip
I am coming by to report a serendipity, some unexpected results
I found some cheap vacuum sealer. Not the best but does the job
So I am now using vacuum bags. Some bags come out very tight vacuum and others not so tight, there is air inside

My idea was to replace jars and to cure dry bud in the bags
So what happened is the material has become just one and is a brick
I opened the first very tight bag at 35 days. I dont know if it can be seen in pictures, but the material has cristalyzed
I have never seen these crystals forming. Never seen this in real life. It is very different from banana bark cure or any other brick

The material is very sticky and rubbery. I opened another bag with 15 days cure to see what happens

It is the best of both worlds. This non ferment brick burns spliffs as smooth as any brick. Terpenes are not altered much, at least at this stage of curing. I believe this type of cure needs long time
Need a grinder to use this
I expected to find loose buds inside the bag and that I could separate them easily. This is not the case
I wonder if anyone has tried this. These ones I would like to chew, I dont know if it will work
It didnt ferment. This is different from bamboo cure. Dry bud in bamboo ferments. Dry bud in the vacuum bag didnt ferment but made brick anyway, and what an amazing brick
I didnt see crystalization forming in bamboo or banana bark cure.
These vacuum bags are a whole different world, for humid weather seems to be the best possible cure, it is very hard to keep buds long life shelf in jars with humid weather
I hope you can get the idea of what happened
SB door brick (1).jpeg
SB door brick (2).jpeg
SB door brick (3).jpeg
SB door brick (4).jpeg
SB door brick (5).jpeg
SB door brick (6).jpeg
SB door brick (7).jpeg

Have a nice week everyone

Tangwena

Veteran
resealed it ….

Mulanje Malawi
View attachment 19001526 View attachment 19001527 View attachment 19001525
Thats the kind of cure I like for chewing make sure to dry it well before long term storage.
Chewed or smoked its a trippy high the kind I like.
I'm about to cob up some Mulanje myself I'm trying for a drier cure just to see how it cures. I have plenty of cobs like yours in my stash its my go too day changer high.
Nice job brother.

Tangwena

Veteran
Gday Tangwena
I hope you have enjoyed your fishing trip
I am coming by to report a serendipity, some unexpected results
I found some cheap vacuum sealer. Not the best but does the job
So I am now using vacuum bags. Some bags come out very tight vacuum and others not so tight, there is air inside

My idea was to replace jars and to cure dry bud in the bags
So what happened is the material has become just one and is a brick
I opened the first very tight bag at 35 days. I dont know if it can be seen in pictures, but the material has cristalyzed
I have never seen these crystals forming. Never seen this in real life. It is very different from banana bark cure or any other brick

The material is very sticky and rubbery. I opened another bag with 15 days cure to see what happens

It is the best of both worlds. This non ferment brick burns spliffs as smooth as any brick. Terpenes are not altered much, at least at this stage of curing. I believe this type of cure needs long time
Need a grinder to use this
I expected to find loose buds inside the bag and that I could separate them easily. This is not the case
I wonder if anyone has tried this. These ones I would like to chew, I dont know if it will work
It didnt ferment. This is different from bamboo cure. Dry bud in bamboo ferments. Dry bud in the vacuum bag didnt ferment but made brick anyway, and what an amazing brick
I didnt see crystalization forming in bamboo or banana bark cure.
These vacuum bags are a whole different world, for humid weather seems to be the best possible cure, it is very hard to keep buds long life shelf in jars with humid weather
I hope you can get the idea of what happened
View attachment 19001510 View attachment 19001511 View attachment 19001512 View attachment 19001513 View attachment 19001514 View attachment 19001515 View attachment 19001516

Have a nice week everyone
Yeah that crystal formation is a sign of a good cure in my book.
I get it a lot especially in vacuumed bag cures that I call canary bud just straight in the bag and vacuumed.
It will just get better and better in the bag as long as its still under vacuum.
The aged bud will impress you I'm sure.

Tangwena

Veteran
View attachment 19001531 Forgot to say it was so wet it left a
Hashy oil patch in the pouch , maybe not so good cos it’s that bit less oil now

View attachment 19001532
That juice is mostly tannin's it is not anything lost from the plant as far as the high goes.
when I first came across it I thought the same as you but it does not get you high at all.
Its because the buds were a little to moist best dry the cob asap to stop any degradation of the high.
Although a Panama cob I made years ago that came out the same after sitting in my car parked in the sun for 3 days.
Scared the living shit out of me when I chewed some my brain lost control completely and I got lost in my own house ha ha.

sneezydog

Ya dark cobs... love em RastaFarout. Great colors. I would dry em a bit to lock in the flavor you choose as it does continue until it drys a third of the moisture more, id say and then the longterm curing will need the rest of it. thats my favorite look as well. The flavors will be wild. Its actually easy later to replicate because it can be on the wet side as long as you check and dry in the first stages, and get intense looking and feeling cob. The smell means you did it right though. If it was truly too much liquid youd have gotten ammonia smell. Beautiful work, and to all, weedebook, and funkyhorse with your natural methods experimentation, give us a summary again sometime of what your learning.---
and maybe try banana bark method in the vac seal bags.

Baba Karuna

resealed it ….

Mulanje Malawi
View attachment 19001526 View attachment 19001527 View attachment 19001525
Well done 🙌🏼 I love curing when the bud is still very moist >60% gets that nice dark look and soaring, psychedelic, blissful effects with sativas and super smooth smoke 🤩