What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shoreline

My opinion is that the Original Bagseed was an indica dominant strain whose traits and phenotype were dominant in each of the crosses made... possibly a pure breeding stain similar to the roots of the N.L. collection that NEVILLE collected in the pacific northwest back in the early 80's. Was it stronger? No, but it did have a different spacier sativa high after the classic beginning headrush, the taste leaned more to the danky skunky side, and the buds grew like knots on a rope with spacing between the nodes. The two other clones were only grown out one other time and were destroyed after that in favor of the current clone, they had more of a heavy Nl couchlock high and less skunk. They were never released to anyone but me so possibly Pimp- juice had the original clone? It did go around and Ive even heard rumors that it still possibly exists but in a form that is weakened and no longer reaches the potential it once had. I've made several othe crosses with the Shoreline mother and different males and the results usually lean to the Shoreline side of the cross. None of these other genetics were released. I have started a project to develop a line of seeds from from the Shoreline crossed with males from the Sativa side of the spectrum i.e. Nevilles haze, C99, Real McCoy, Space Queen, JTR, Mothers Finest. After some final tweaking and backcrossing, the results of these crosses will hopefully be made available to the General public. Anyone out there with any ideas on A SUPER male please let me know. THNX-Resingrower...(grower of fine resins)

Last edited:
In response to J. Johnson Its easy to see how people think this is a sativa, but the fact is that it has to be at least 80-90 Indica. Outdoors the plant doesnt want to grow like a Sativa, it bushes out with many dominant side branches into A dark green 5-6 feet in diameter 6-9 ft in height BUSH. Its has sativa Qualities to the High however and I think this coupled with the irregular growth pattern confuse people. Look at the leaves , the leaf blades can sometimes be 2-3 fingers wide.

DJ Burn One

i got a cut of the shoreline from a friend on here. i love it. really skunky and has a nice sweet taste. tends to be my friends favorite when they smoke all my strains at once. good times.

shout out to the great FIRE!!!! also. what up ma man

SBP

Father of Shoreline

Father of Shoreline

Resingrower said:
Hello Fire and all other guests, After many years in offline silence I now step forward from the shadows. I have all the original info on the Shoreline as I am the Breeder responsible for the clone that goes around today, although there were others, only one version exists ten years later. The pictures in Fire's garden look exactly like they should this is a perfect example At 56 days however the Strain wants to go 65-70, the lower the temp in flower the less damage to the resin = longer flowering period and larger yield! Anyway it goes like this: Bagseed was found from the Shoreline Amp in 89-90, seeds were grown out, a mother selected and this was the strongest thing this group had seen so it was kept {strange ropey growth characteristics, hardcore dank garlic skunk odor and more than just an Indica but an all out head and body high similar to O.G. or Hash plant}. These intelligent and educated growers before phasing out of growing, crossed this Mother with a Male NL#2 (Oasis)and these seeds were given to me. In 97 I grew out about 75 of these seeds and came up 2 great females and one incredible male covered with trichomes. The Male was crossed with my prized N.L. #5 and a clone was selected from about 35 females that were grown out. This is the only representation of the original genetics that is left as far as I know... my original sets of seeds were lost and or confiscated. I am glad it flourishes as it does B/C I was never a strain hoarder. Hit me back anyone out there with ?'s thnx Resingrower

hey resingrower, how are you? well, ur the one responsible for creating my favorite strain of smoke!!! i too was not hoarding the strain like most people do, i sent the love all around as much as i could to keep shoreline going. but now, i no longer have access to this wonderful strain. did you watch the rockets get they 21st win????? :headbange :headbange :headbange

SBP- GLAD YOU LIKE IT. LAST TIME I WATCHED THE ROCKETS WAS WHEN THEY WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP, what other strains have all you guys grown that compares to the shore? Anybody do any crosses?

Ancient Mystic

Fire, great report and pics! I was in Texas, D/FW area, last fall and hunted for this one but didn't find any. I do LOVE the ladies from Texas. The women are super fine too. :headbange
I like hearing the REAL story behind many of the circulated elite. Some are hermie flooks (Sour Diesel) and some just lucky finds (the Jack Herer bagseed Soul found he and named Genius, Princess and Cafe Girl). No major breeding programs with goals. I'm not in anyway discrediting the discipline of breeders just noting how chaos (the unknown) contributes to the heritage of some of the worlds best smokes. Granted, Soul WAS a breeder and took his JH bagseed beyond just cloning as you did too, RG.

peace and compassion
AM

O

ogatec

i think its good powerful smoke for a comercial strain. big fat buds loaded with resin, strong lemony skunky smell...but a problem with all the shorline i have have tried is very very harsh smoke. even the smallest toke makes me cough up a lung. i havent ever grown it myself, but all samples i have tried were always harsh.

texas grass

its been about 2 years since ive had and i would do anything to get my hands on her. probibly the most lovely lady ive smoked

keeko

texas grass said:
its been about 2 years since ive had and i would do anything to get my hands on her. probibly the most lovely lady ive smoked

same here texas grass, how you doing?

cemchris

Sounds Like the Normal Run of the Mill Skunk for this area thats comes in Pounds and Pounds and everyones got.

M

mexilandrace

cemchris said:
Sounds Like the Normal Run of the Mill Skunk for this area thats comes in Pounds and Pounds and everyones got.

ummmm, no

M

mexilandrace

Resingrower said:
Hello Fire and all other guests, After many years in offline silence I now step forward from the shadows. I have all the original info on the Shoreline as I am the Breeder responsible for the clone that goes around today, although there were others, only one version exists ten years later. The pictures in Fire's garden look exactly like they should this is a perfect example At 56 days however the Strain wants to go 65-70, the lower the temp in flower the less damage to the resin = longer flowering period and larger yield! Anyway it goes like this: Bagseed was found from the Shoreline Amp in 89-90, seeds were grown out, a mother selected and this was the strongest thing this group had seen so it was kept {strange ropey growth characteristics, hardcore dank garlic skunk odor and more than just an Indica but an all out head and body high similar to O.G. or Hash plant}. These intelligent and educated growers before phasing out of growing, crossed this Mother with a Male NL#2 (Oasis)and these seeds were given to me. In 97 I grew out about 75 of these seeds and came up 2 great females and one incredible male covered with trichomes. The Male was crossed with my prized N.L. #5 and a clone was selected from about 35 females that were grown out. This is the only representation of the original genetics that is left as far as I know... my original sets of seeds were lost and or confiscated. I am glad it flourishes as it does B/C I was never a strain hoarder. Hit me back anyone out there with ?'s thnx Resingrower

I been in the texas scene for a long time, I find this entire story quite hard to believe. Not calling you out, but it is completely contrary to what I have heard, and I heard the same story from more than one grower that didn't know each other.

Actually judging by the dates in this thread I likely won't hear back from you.

And there are shoreline crosses out there quite true to the original, I should know, all I am saying about it though.

sip

SBP said:
hey resingrower, how are you? well, ur the one responsible for creating my favorite strain of smoke!!! i too was not hoarding the strain like most people do, i sent the love all around as much as i could to keep shoreline going. but now, i no longer have access to this wonderful strain. did you watch the rockets get they 21st win????? :headbange :headbange :headbange

wut up man
:joint:

ps thanks resinGrower :smoke:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this really is an incredable strain, but i can only get it when i go to houston. Houston also has a crazy c99 pheno, and a crazy dense widow floating around.