What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help with ducting...

I dont know which ducting to use..

Acoustic
Phonic Trap
Sono
Combi..

I will be using a hyperfan stealth and need everything to be absolutely quiet....

Fuel

A hard and smooth (lol) duct than you insulate yourself will be ever more effiscient than these products.

On insulation side, i use it since years (for ducts, tents, rooms ... near everything in the crop in fact) :

Not toxic for your lungs, age well (particles), very good for IR tests from outside, efficient for sound and temp stability.

69933.jpg

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
As fuel said any smooth fixed ducting will do, you flow of air as smooth as possible. Insulating will also help as well as a variable fan controller to really dial things in. Oh and dont forget to mount your fan with some sort of rubber mounting that will reduce vibration and humming thru the walls :2cents:

zoo

As fuel said any smooth fixed ducting will do, you flow of air as smooth as possible. Insulating will also help as well as a variable fan controller to really dial things in. Oh and dont forget to mount your fan with some sort of rubber mounting that will reduce vibration and humming thru the walls :2cents:

hey bro what kind of mounting would you recommend. I am looking for something similar

Cork144

ive made ducting silences by rolling up welded metal mesh into the diameter of my ducting, wrapping with the innerds of a old blanket real right, then wrapped it all in pallet film and duct taped the ends off so my duct would fit over it, made them upto 1.5meters long and it seriously reduces noise, i think if fitted inline with straight ducting like others said, it would work brilliantly, only noise i had from it was the air flow through the end section of duct

Latest posts

Latest posts